• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your favourite Bird Pokemon?

What is your favourite? (Apologies for the large amount of choices!!!)

• Total voters
My favourite are Noctowl, Staraptor and Talonflame. Staraptor was the first Pokemon species I was introduced to other than Pikachu, so there's that nostalgia. It's a nice and cool design too.
The thought of a cute and snuggle psychic (but normal) owl is also great! Hope Noctowl gets an Ice/Psychic Alolan form.
Talonflame reminds me of Staraptor, is the first regional bird to be non Normal (and it's my favourite primary type at that!).

Oooh. This is a hard one.

Rowlet is easily my favorite Grass type starter at this point.
I love Honchcrow and have used it on my team numerous times.
I also love the entire Starly line, though specifically Staraptor in terms of both design and usability.
Toucannon and Oricorio were both welcome additions to my team at various points during my journey in Sun, I just wish Toucannon was part Steel instead of part Normal.
My favorite Legendary Bird is Articuno.

What can I say? I like birds more than I like cats or dogs. Though I do like cats. :3

Rowlet is the best, he 's very cute and also is very calm and collected, and also interesting. Its evolutions also complement it perfectly.

Articuno, Lugia, Ho-Oh and Altaria are also great because of their gracefulness, Natu & Xatu have great concepts, and Hoothoot is cute.

I haven't really cared much about regional birds, the only ones I more or less like are Staraptor and Pidgeot because I had them in my team.

I like and voted for quite a few. But my top 3 favourites from the list are Hawlucha, Dodrio and Rowlet. Hawlucha is wicked cool and useful, Dodrio is funny and strong, Rowlet is adorable and perfect.

Interesting question. Non-Legendary, for me it's a tie between Pidgeot, Noctowl, Skarmory, Swellow, the Rowlet line, and Toucannon.

Legendaries, it goes like this: Lugia > Ho-Oh > Articuno > Zapdos > Moltres

Sygilyph.
What do you mean "pseudo".

Wait, where are Torchic and Piplup...? Blaziken's line is one of my favourite pokémon in general.

Counting only the ones on the list... probably Decidueye and Altaria? Decidueye is pretty cool for a starter and I really like Altaria as an quite unique Dragon-type. Then Articuno and Ho-Oh for legendaries.
Also I have many fond memories of Xatu. Most notably Mystery Dungeon, of course.

Not my favouries, but I really like Hawlucha and Mandibuzz, too.

Blaziken! My first starter and one of my favourite Pokémon ever. Words can not describe how awesome I think Blaziken is.
Spritzee is another birb I absolutely adore. Once again, it's another one of my absolute favourite Pokémon. I quite like Aromatisse as well, though not as much as Spritzee.
Lastly, Empoleon. My second favourite fully-evolved Water Starter, only after Samurott. After choosing Piplup in Diamond I feel in love with its line, but Empoleon is by far my favourite stage. Looks cool, love it's typing, and I enjoy battling with it.

Unfortunately none of them were in the poll for some reason, so out of the ones available I'd have to go with Braviary and Mandibuzz, because I also love them a lot.

Last edited:
Chatot, because he's the closest match to a parakeet, my favorite little pet around here! I also put down Staraptor for nostalgic reasons (Gen IV for the win!), and Decidueye because he is the closest Pokemon to make me reconsider my vow to only ever use Fire Starters in my games.

Spr_2s_227.png

It's farily close between Skarmory, Braviary, and Archeops, but I'll have to go with Skarmory. I really like its design--it just looks so cool. As for my top ten:
  1. Skarmory
  2. Braviary
  3. Archeops
  4. Noctowl
  5. Honchkrow
  6. Decideye
  7. Pidgeot
  8. Staraptor
  9. Oricorio
  10. Hawlucha

Pidove! That cutie is literally plain simple and beautiful. I like what they did with a common bird and it seems like the world could end and it would still remain oblivious...:LOL:
I still love Fearow as well as Murkrow and Honchkrow. In Fearow I've always liked it over the Pidgey line, I just adore Drill Peck and the way it was done by Fearow. I also liked it's appearence in the first movie as a spy and it's use by a poacher in the anime.
Murkrow and Honchkrow: I've liked Murkrow because of it's rarity in Gen. II as well as the fact that is obtained in a route that I love despite small and being obtainable with Houndoor. I also like that it may just be a misunderstood Pkmn due to certain fears, I like its witch hat design and broom tail and In HG, TRocket's Murkrow was very nice. As for Honchkrow, I don't like th mob theme and I tend to look it as a more wise and elegant witch (taking into consideration that I always train female Murkrow and Honchkrow).

Chatot is my most favorite of all birds
mainly for my love of parrots - and the main bird pet my family has owned, and also the last pet bird my grandma had before she passed away, personal good connections to parrots
even if they aren't the 'best bird' for me will always be high

Do love Swellow, Talonflame, and Rowlet's entire evoluion

the swablu line is adorable and fluffy \o/ definitely my favorite, plus mega altaria looks awesome to boot! I also really like honchkrow and it was one of my star players in heartgold <3

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom