• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your favourite Dog Pokémon?

What is your favourite?

• Total voters
Lyrcanroc, Entei and Houndour. They're very awesome indeed, and the latter is freakishly forgotten. Lovely haunches. No, I'm not a creep.

My favorites are definitely Snubbull and Lycanroc Midnight- I also tend to think of Slurpuff as a dog as well, although I get that its more of a cupcake than a dog.

Snubbull has been one of my favorites ever since I first saw the Pikachu's Vacation short- I feel like they kind of gave it an unappealing model in Gen 6-7, but I refuse to give up on it, regardless- and it got fairy typing, so that was good!! Granbull is nice too, I just really like Snubbull's color scheme and facial expression.

Lycanroc Midnight is also a favorite, mostly because of how much personality it has- I love its idle animation, where it just kind of eggs on the opponent. I held off on evolving my shiny Rockruff, Bluejeans, for a while because its cute and I was indecisive, but I ended up going with Midnight around a week ago and I'm really happy with that decision.

The Growlithe line and the Snubbull line are my faves. I have a in game Arcanine that's named Cinnamon that I'm very much attached to. On top of that I just loved the anime episode where Team Rocket poses as Officer Jenny and Growlithe was obeying their orders, but when Growlithe comes to it senses? I cry every time.

For Granbull? I just absolutely love the design.

Lucario.

Lucario is awesome and he's corni's signature pokemon <3

Also aura abilities seem cool too.

And his oriental looking redish eyes make me think of my own dog too (my dog is a shiba inu; a japanese dog breed :D).

I wish he was on the voting list. I'll vote for rockruff or lycanroc on that list, i guess :p

EDIT: I voted rockruff. I don't really know my favorite lycan form xD also rockruff is cute^^

Growlithe. Awesome type and an adorable design -- it's almost a perfect Pokémon! It's not one of my favorite ones, but it's still pretty close in the list.

You're missing some dog Pokémon like Eevee evolution line and Zigzagoon line, who are supposed to be dogs.
And the Legendary Beasts (Entei, Raikou, Suicune) are not really dogs.

But by the way, I like Houndour line, Furfrou, Poochyena and Lillipup line. Electrike line is close behind.

I'm so torn between Arcanine and Houndoom. Arcanine for being just beautifully designed and Houndoom because, come on, demon dog (and looks just like my boy).

do love all of them
Poochyena and Mightyena are my top favorites in "canine related"

for the ones that resemble domestic dogs most likely Growlithe and Arcanine

(Raikou is a tiger - Entei a lion - Suicune a leopard - they are felines not canines)

Tough choice. I have always liked Growlithe because it always seemed very loyal to me (admittedly the anime probably played a role in me feeling this way)

But I did immediately fall in love with Rockruff the first time I ever saw it.

I decided to vote for Growlithe/Arcanine, Houndour/Houndoom, Electrike/Manectric, Midnight Lycanroc, and Suicune. Yeah, I realized that there are quite few that I like, and I couldn't pick just one. :p Kind of hard to say why I like all of these; it could just because I like their designs a lot, and because I've used them all at least once in one of my games, usually their generation debuts, with the exception of (I think) Lycanroc (better do that sometime). I also like Entei and Raikou - and part of me thinks I should vote for them, too, if they can count - but Suicune is probably my favorite of the Johto beasts, if only slightly.

This bhoy is the goodist of doggos! Surprised that uploaded from my cellphone <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like rockruff, but I think lycanroc beats all dogs when I have to pick my favorite.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom