• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your favourite Hitmon?

What is your favourite?

• Total voters
Oof, this is really hard. I don't feel particularly fond towards any of these three... Maybe Hitmontop, but I know I'll just end up changing my mind tomorrow.

Hitmonlee for his high Attack stat and Reckless. I also like his design a bit better than the other Hitmons'.

Hitmonlee is great. It has one of those weird designs that keeps a nice balance of monster-ish and humanoid. It's also very strong to boot. Hitmontop is ok, but since Gen 6 it no longer spins on its head constantly, and as a result of that, I've found my care for it has dwindled. Hitmonchan is bad and one of the worst designs in the franchise.

I don't really feel particularly strong towards any single one of them, but I'd have to say its a tie between Hitmonlee and Hitmontop.

Hitmontop is one of my favorite Pokemon of all time. I love how it's a small angry child that can attack spinning on its head in an offensive-defensive manner. I wish its stats were higher though.
Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee aren't bad, their designs represent their concepts quite well and Hitmonlee is intriguing with its lack of head and its springs.
Tyrogue is a bit creepy with its bare chest and head spikes, but he's cute in some way. I prefer the more mounstrous beta version though.

Having played Alex the Kidd in Miracle World whose bosses' heads are based on Rock-Scissors-Paper I wasn't that much surprised to see Hitmonlee and Chan, but I prefer Hitmonlee to this day. Hitmontop was nice but it felt displaced and Tyrogue could have more potencial with an actual evolution that follows its specific design like I saw a few years ago in Deviantart.

Hitmontop, full stop. I never really liked the Hitmons, but Hitmontop did earn my respect. It's also the hardest to get due to the whole balance between Attack and Defense, which makes it a bit more rewarding to me. While Gen 6 onward no longer made it stand on its head, and its "dance" (I know what it is, I just don't remember the word) makes it look like it's doing the Carlton, I still like it the best of the four. Plus Bea from Sword uses one, and she's my favorite Gym Leader from Gen 8, which is also quite a rarity to see a Fighting-type Gym Leader use a Hitmontop, or even any Hitmon at all (such a wasted opportunity for Chuck in Johto not to use one instead of Poliwrath).

Hitmonlee grew on me over time, especially since it's sort of a midway point between "monster" and "human" which makes it more Pokemon-ish, and it does pack a hell of a punch, but it's not the one for me. At least is has overall good capabilities like Reckless and Hi Jump Kick combo.

As for Hitmonchan, I never liked it, especially since it took until Gen 4 to make its Elemental Punches worthwhile. I also don't like it's design, as it's a bit too humanoid for my tastes. While I could handle humanoid Digimon, as they don't stick to a single theme, humanoid Pokemon creep me out a bit (especially Fighting-types, as they tend to be the most humanoid in that department, though the Psychic-types also fall into that category a lot, too).

Tyrogue I'm neutral toward. It's got an interesting concept, being that it's one of the few Mons that has more than two branched evolutions, and it's design is obviously going for the apprentice-to-master concept, but that's about it. Although I do find it interesting that it's one of, if the only male-only species to be capable of having Egg Moves (albeit from other members of its lines, but you get it).

Hitmonchan, mostly because I like the coverage that the elemental punches give.

It's also the hardest to get due to the whole balance between Attack and Defense, which makes it a bit more rewarding to me.
I think it depends on how the RNG works for you. The first time I got FR the hardest to get for me was Lee because for some reason my Tyrogues kept evolving into Top and Chan to the point it was ridiculous. It took me like 20 eggs to get one that evolved into Lee (NOTE: I didn't know about the exact mechanics of evolution at the time).

I think it depends on how the RNG works for you. The first time I got FR the hardest to get for me was Lee because for some reason my Tyrogues kept evolving into Top and Chan to the point it was ridiculous. It took me like 20 eggs to get one that evolved into Lee (NOTE: I didn't know about the exact mechanics of evolution at the time).

Yeah, and the RNG LOVES to screw me over, even WITH liberal use of vitamins to try to tip the scale in my favor, hence why Top is my preferred, as it's always the hardest for me to get, thus feels more rewarding when I do get it. I tend to end up with Lee the most often because Attack seems to go up the fastest with me, while Chan is middle-of-the-road in terms of how often I get it. The extra bit of irony that I have is when I'm NOT trying to get Top I somehow end up with one. So, yeah, me and the RNG gods don't like each other much because of such factors.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom