• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your favourite overworld music?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Similar to the battle music thread, but instead for music that plays outside of battles, whether it be for towns, routes, evil team bases or otherwise.
Feel free to also link the music you mention, so people have a quick way of giving it a listen.

To start, I'm going to say that the distortion world theme is a masterpiece that really makes the area that plays in feel special.

Kanto Route 11 - adventurous and cheerful-sounding.
Johto Route 47 - conveys the feel of a cliffside location very well.
Petalburg Woods - full of suspense.
Sinnoh Route 206 - again, very adventurous.
Unova Route 10 - sorrowful yet promising.

Eterna City & Canalave City's night themes just envoke a rich sense of nostalgia for me. Not even because I played the games, but because I used to listen to relaxing Pokemon music when i was younger to fall asleep, and these songs seemed to stick in my head for me.

This is the same for HGSS's National Park, Aspertia City, & Unova's Route 10, where when I was in virtual school, I'd just listen to these songs to pass the time, and god they just feel so ethereal and a whole new level of relaxing for me, it's pure bliss.

The Paldean league theme is so good, I'm surprised no one talks about it! When I heard it when Rika and Geeta show up in Blueberry Academy to talk about the Area Zero stuff in the DLC I actually screamed hehe

Back
Top Bottom