• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your favourite PokemonAnime episode?

Unbeatable HoennMon

Smarter than Smarties and Tougher than Toughies
Reaction score
And why?
For me, it's ,,A Tent Situation"
Why? Cause Brock returns :D What is more, we have also Misty, Tracey, Gary, Delia, Oak and TRIO there and that mysterious and funny ,,Don't mention that name" thing.
So, what do YOU think about it? :D

And why?
For me, it's ,,A Tent Situation"
Why? Cause Brock returns :D What is more, we have also Misty, Tracey, Gary, Delia, Oak and TRIO there and that mysterious and funny ,,Don't mention that name" thing.
So, what do YOU think about it? :D

Nice idea my best friend. It is truly a nice episode; but why Ash should lose to a single eevee? I don't know why, bu hey we know that he will lose so ignore it.

I do love the dance episode when I see Serena. Serena was so beauty, so pretty, with her rival. Ash so stupid, which made me anger, and I am scared that he will married Pikachu. but Anyway, this episode was so awesome, but I am not sure about the best episode

Glad to be the first one who post here

Nice idea my best friend. It is truly a nice episode; but why Ash should lose to a single eevee? I don't know why, bu hey we know that he will lose so ignore it.

I do love the dance episode when I see Serena. Serena was so beauty, so pretty, with her rival. Ash so stupid, which made me anger, and I am scared that he will married Pikachu. but Anyway, this episode was so awesome, but I am not sure about the best episode

Glad to be the first one who post here
I'm happy you like this episode too :D
When it comes to episodes with dancing Serena, my favourite one is Party Dancecapades because there were many funny scenes with Miette and jelaous Serena :D

My favorite episode of the anime would have to be Forest Grumps.

My favorite thing about it is how they show the dynamic of both Misty and Jessie on opposite teams, which made interactions and the teams interesting.

I'm happy you like this episode too :D
When it comes to episodes with dancing Serena, my favourite one is Party Dancecapades because there were many funny scenes with Miette and jelaous Serena :D

Arigatou for answering me, and I do love the episode, and love this thread also. The serena dancing episode is one of my best episodes. It is the first time that we have a dancing episode, with all girls having a very beauty pretty dresses, and skirts. I always love the Challenge between Miette, and serena for Ash, with the Jealous that happened between them for Ash. The Problem is from Ash the stupid one :ROFLMAO::):X3:

Why scared? Embrace it! This is their future...

How can I embrace it? The love between Boy, and Animal is something new. How he will do love with him, or kiss him :ROFLMAO::D:p

Bayleef, Latias, and Serena would kill Pikachu then.
Hahaha, so hahahaha really so funny point. I really like it, and it made me by happy so much, laugh so much, and smile so much:p:D:sneaky::ROFLMAO:

I do love all of Bayleef, Latias, and Serena, and their interaction with ash are the best always the best:X3:

• Address Unown! - There are so many things that work well for me in the unusual narrative wrapped into this OS episode. The fact that we are presented with the opportunity to see inside another Pokemon's mind opened up such an amazing concept and so many theories I could cook up about Pokemon psychology, also it allowed beautiful, surrealist imagery which I kind of love. Unown is such a fascinating other-dimensional Pokemon, and it was an incredible way to open up Larvitar's character as well as to gain perspective on their backstory. It also conveys one of my favourite sides of Ash's character, that altruistic side to him as he rushes up the dark embodiment of Larvitar's pain and distrust to help him see the lovable attributes of humanity. It's also very emotional to watch Ash trying to break Larvitar free and hearing him yell out how not all humans are out to hurt him. It was a rollercoaster of an episode, but a very good one for me.
  • Ignorance is Blissey - The fact that the writers decided to play with the idea of Jessie attending a nursing school for Pokemon gives this episode points alone, and I really enjoy the insight into how Chansey are trained as nurses, it was an interesting bit of world-building, plus we have further insight on Jessie's rich and varied past. The relationship captured between Jessie and the Blissey is also adorable.
  • AG183 - Another episode that shows off Ash's role model qualities and portrays his relationship with Aipom in a precious, sweet way. It's just so beautiful when he hugs Aipom and tells her he'll stay by her side for the year (yeah, as if lol) if the case has to come down it. Ash's relationship as a trainer with his Aipom was probably one of my favourites narratively-speaking and this episode for me, was the pinnacle of it.
  • The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing! - Firstly, I have to give the dub props for basing this title off Milan Kundera's novel, I thought that was savvy. Into the matrix of the actual episode though, it's interesting (and considering Ash, maybe a little ironic?) that AG has a whole episode that so wonderfully portrays the beneficiaries of having a rival to motivate you. It's my favourite portrayal of Ash's rivalry with Gary Oak as it provides a lovely insight to how Gary is still so important to Ash and his journey as a trainer. The mutual defeatism between Ash and May as they both muddle through the bitter sense of discouragement and how their rivals help to inspire their old passions to reach their goals was very well illustrated throughout this episode. It was a lovely culmination of May's rivalry with Drew in AG - from what started off as a petty crossfire of insults on a beach into a healthy rivalry where both members look out for each other, inspire another and yet still hope to defeat the other. I love rivalries.
  • BW019 - The introduction of my favourite character to ever be on the anime series deserves to be here for that reason alone. It is bolstered by the fact that it is such a humorous episode due to Cabernet's explosive personality, provides an opportunity to flesh out the concept of the Sommelier class, as well as introducing a what would ultimately be half-baked rivalry between the male travelling companion and another character! The different strokes to Dento's personality that Cabernet's outrage inspires to come out, her fixation with revenge on him makes their interactions to be some of my favourite. BW019 provided a great basis for some amazing potential that wasn't exactly realised in the way I had hoped, but that doesn't diminish this episode's shine for me.
Probably am forgetting a few, but I can always come back to this thread if I remember...

@martianmister
It's my favourite DP episode- the scene when Brock's dream comes true is fantastic :D

@QueenEevee @iikanji
He will finish with Pikachu for sure- just like his dad and grandad who also left family for pokemon. So, Misty, Serena, Bayleef and others don't need to be jealous :D
@may-serena-dawn @SerenaToAlola
XY 59 was the episode when I feel sooooooo sorry for Serena.
And about Ash's intelligence- I'm sure even after kiss he still doesn't realize Serena likes him...in THAT way :D
@Likeitornot.
Glad to see you like these episodes- cause I adore them, especially first one cause Johto is really underrated series to me. And I enjoy you mentioned Gary who was the best rival and one of the best OS characters :D

Last edited:
1. AG064 : The episode where May wanted to catch a Swablu but at the end she had to say goodbye to it. I wish one day they'll make a special episode where she comes back in the lake where she left it and catches it.

2. XY&Z 28 (XY121) : full of seriousness , epicness , drama and feels , one of the best written episode of the anime IMO (Tomioka still the best after all these years)

3. EP273 : The departure of Brock and Misty which was really heartbreaking... Still can't get over it.

4. DP076 : I'm still shocked of this episode even today , pokegirls (or males companions) really need to interact more with each others , May and Dawn were so awesome in this episode , a mix of AG and DP vibes , really beautiful , the anime need to do that more !

5. XY&Z 47 (XY140) : Really emotional episode, sad to see Serena and the Kalos gang leaving, Bonnie's speech was awesome , the famous farewell scene became iconic, the montage credit was awesome.

Last edited:
season02_ep10_ss02.jpg

Pretty much because of the feelings.

DP040: Top-Down Training: Champion Cynthia's debut was the most satisfying thing. What better way to introduce her than to have her completely decimate a character I didn't like at the time. The Pokemon Queen did not disappoint.

XY136: Forming A More Perfect Union: The conclusion to the epic Team Flare climax was such a thrill ride. From the initial assault all the way to Perfect Zygarde's debut, it was such a blast.

There's more, but I'll post more favorites later.

I love the episode in which Ash is against Misty in the Cerulean Gym because 1) friend vs. friend is always something I'd like to watch and 2) I loveee water-typed Pokemons.

For me the best so far is probably the trilogy episode: XYZ27, 28 and 29. We has a strong developpement for Satoshi, the difference reason for the two battle, why he did it, why he failed to first. Between the Satoshi of the 27 and the 29, we have totally a different episode, and I'm glad to see 3 episodes for treating the emotion of Satoshi.

The majority of my favorite episodes are in the original Kanto series and the Orange Islands one. My favorite one is (sorry to cheat a little) the "Sabrina trilogy" (Abra and the Psychic Showdown, The Tower of Terror, and Haunter vs. Kadabra). I can never just watch one of these episodes by themselves since they tell an overarching story of how Ash defeats and saves Sabrina. I think it is here where Ash learns how to really strategize and why just going head-on is not enough to win it all.

Honorable mentions to The Path to the Pokémon League, The Flame Pokémanathon, Clefairy Tales, The Pokémon Water War, Beach Blank-Out Blastoise, Showdown at the Poké-Corral, The Pi-Kahuna, and the Ghost of Maiden's Peak. You might call it nostalgia on my part, but I think a lot of the filler episodes of pre-Johto have something that was later lost. Especially in early Kanto, even the filler episodes felt like they had some character development instead of being there simply to pad out time (not all fillers were like that sadly *Looks at Wake Up Snorlax*, but a lot were). In future leagues, I usually skip the fillers and only watch the major episodes, but pre-johto, I could have just as much enjoyment from the fillers as the major episodes, which is why they are some of my favorite episodes.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom