• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your least favorite Pokeball?

To paraphrase Mr. Offer: "You're gonna love my balls."

So, Love Balls suck. That's just how life works sometimes.

I enjoy dusk balls,due to me usually only playing much at night. But as for pokeballs I don't like..errr well most have seen at least some action with me. Example being a friend ball, I threw two ultraballs at Ho-oh in Heartgold, and then a friendball, the friendball somehow caught it. Another ball was the quick ball I used to catch Suicune... about twenty or so turns into the match >>
Hell, I catch alot of pokemon with random pokeballs, usually I use the effect of the pokeball to enhance the look of the pokemon that I catch it with, like something electric with a pokeball that shoots yellow light(ultraball) and such, though there are seals to help that too,but sometimes I enjoy the simpler option. All in all,for me, there are no pokeballs that are useless. I mean, I WAS trying to catch Mewtwo with a Healball, ya know, the really girlyish one. x3 I think it'd hate me for it.

I find Premiere Balls to be useless but nice looking.
I wish Nest Balls had the aesthetics to atone for its sins, but no, they don't.

Also...

To paraphrase Mr. Offer: "You're gonna love my balls."

^This. One thousand times over.

Nest balls and heal balls probably. Moon balls are pretty useless but their sprite is adorable. Friend balls can be useful but there aren't enough pokemon that evolve via happiness to justify the fact that they're made from the most common apricorn in the game. Something more usable like level balls or even heavy balls should have been more common.

I'd have to go with the luxury ball actually. It's meant to help with happiness and all but I usually have only one or two with me. If it fails, then sucks to be me. -_-' I think it depends on which game I play though as think it mainly frustrated me in Emerald the most...lol.

I'd have to go with the luxury ball actually. It's meant to help with happiness and all but I usually have only one or two with me. If it fails, then sucks to be me. -_-' I think it depends on which game I play though as think it mainly frustrated me in Emerald the most...lol.
With good reason. In 3rd Generation, the only ways to get Luxury Balls are by winning a Master Rank Contest and by showing Selphy a Pokémon she wants to see. Very ridiculous.

At least in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, you can buy them.

With good reason. In 3rd Generation, the only ways to get Luxury Balls are by winning a Master Rank Contest and by showing Selphy a Pokémon she wants to see. Very ridiculous.

Or you can just re-win a contest you have already won, but it's far too much job/boring if you want say 20 Lux Balls.

Heal Balls are pretty useless given that most people would generally have a full party to send the captured Pokemon to your PC to be healed anyway...

Heal Ball. Its not even that interesting of a design (visual), and I always have a full party so it doesn't serve a good purpose. To make matters worse, at the begining of the game when they actually might be useful, there aren't any to be found.

Heal Ball. Its not even that interesting of a design (visual), and I always have a full party so it doesn't serve a good purpose. To make matters worse, at the begining of the game when they actually might be useful, there aren't any to be found.

You get one in both DPPt and HGSS and they can be bought in both Cherrygrove City and Sandgem Town the two first places in their respective games to have Marts.

I hate the Original Pokeball, its pointless using them to catch Lugia!

Why so much hate for Premier and Luxury Balls?
It's not that the balls are not necessarily a bad idea. I just don't see much point in them if they have the same effect as a standard Poke Ball. But maybe that's just me. But then again, that's the point of this thread.
Besides, I don't know why people consider the catch rate a crucial feature when it comes to talk about your favorite ball; the capture of a Pokémon stopped being a hard task a long time ago.
Well, I'm currently replaying Blue (surprisingly) again and I've noticed the odds of capturing Pokemon are "all-or-nothing". When I attempt to capture a fairly hard-to-get Pokemon such as Tauros, the only possible messages I'll get are "The Pokemon broke free" or "Tauros was caught". Really it's impossible to get "very close" Easy to catch Pokemon like Pidgey are either "Shoot! It was too close!" or "Pidgey was caught". It's always the "usual" message or a success (The only possible exceptions being Legendary Pokemon at full health vs. weakened; I'll check it out when I get there). Likewise, Chansey is literaly a "hit or miss" every time. Strange, but true.

Because no one but you care for the animation?

A somewhat bad argument. As I already said, the catch rate should NOT be a factor into deciding which ball is your favorite but just the animation and outer design.

Or you can just re-win a contest you have already won, but it's far too much job/boring if you want say 20 Lux Balls.

That's what *Orion* meant with his reply: you can only adquire Luxury Balls from winning previously defeated Master Ranks with the same Pokémon. The first time it merely earns the Master Rank Ribbon and possibly a Super-Sketch Model Ribbon if you scored enough points. It's pretty easy if your Pokémon has a good moveset, and by no means the Pokémon Contests (Generation III ones that's it) are boring to play again, at least for me.

For some reason, I encountered a Female Absol and refused to catch it in a non-pink ball. Not sure why I had that urge.

Wasted my love balls, but caught it in a Heal ball. Good enough I guess.

Anyway, I hate normal pokeballs. They're way too abundant and common, there's no personality to them D:

luxury balls, man these things are pointless, i mean the capture rate on those things must be under 2 percent if i had to guess.

The Moon Ball has very limited use, yes, but the Heal Ball has even less use. It gives a one-time recovery when you could easily use other items, backtrack to the last Center you passed or wait it out until you hit another healing point. Fairly pointless.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom