• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your least favorite Pokeball?

I'm going with Moon Ball. A very limited selection of Pokemon that are pretty easy to catch with a regular ball anyway (and if you enjoy the novelty of raising them from their most basic form, that only leaves Eneko, who didn't even exist in generation 2; they could've at least extended the ball's usage to those Pokemon's entire lines, though that really only works out for the Nidoran family). Also, despite how much the franchise seems to hype it up, Pokemon that evolve with the Moon Stone kinda suck. Despite looking so bulky, Nidoking and Nidoqueen don't have any base stats that exceed 100 (though gamers do enjoy them for their unique typing that makes them immune to both Toxic and Thunderwave), Pukurin only has HP going for it, Pixie's kinda good now that it has Magic Guard but was pretty 'meh' prior to that, and Enekororo.... good god, there is just no excuse for a fully-evolved Pokemon to be that awful, let alone one that requires a hard-to-come-by stone to get. Its highest stats are HP and Speed... at a base of 70 -_- (consider that BUTTERFREE has a higher stat than that). Its movepool suggests a supporter role, but it's not like several other Pokemon couldn't do that and better. Diamond/Pearl gave its line a unique ability, but it sure as hell didn't do it any favors (Normalize actually being extremely hindering, with its only real use being a situational Thunderwave used on a Ground-type). I could understand Pukurin and Pixie since in generation 1, they were mainly focused on it being a single-player RPG, resulting in several Pokemon that are more or less novelties (this is also why there's flavor text of the Moon Stone being this ultra-rare and supposedly powerful object), but by generation 3, they really should've known better.

lol there are numerous that are absolutely useless. but i agree with a lot of you. heal and moon balls.

I never really understood the premier ball what is that?

it's really just an aesthetically-different Pokeball, and honestly, I kinda enjoy the almost pure white coloring. There's a reason the Premier Ball debuted in the same generation that started showing the balls actually being thrown into battle (in the 8-bit games, you just see the Pokemon pop out, and when you capture a Pokemon, it's just some nondescript sphere). Besides, if nothing else, the ball's a free bonus whenever you buy 10+ Pokeballs at a time, and those balls aren't too expensive that they can't be stocked up on in bulk, so it's not as if you have to go out of your way to have it.

Timer Ball, I've never battle long enough for it's effects to be worthwhile, I mean 10 turns for it to raise it's catch rate by a little bit!

Timer Ball, I've never battle long enough for it's effects to be worthwhile, I mean 10 turns for it to raise it's catch rate by a little bit!
Timer Ball is one of the two best kinds to use when you're catching stationary Legendaries. Those always last very long when you're chucking Balls and hoping they'll stay, so the catch rate builds up enough after a while.

As far as I go, I had to check some of these effects. Wow... Love Ball is horrible. I thought it only had to be the opposite gender, but also the same species? How retarded. I was considering getting a few for Latios and Latias, but it does nothing, lulz.

Moon Ball is also awful, for reasons stated above.

I also think some Balls are too redundant. Lure Ball, Net Ball, Dive Ball. Three Balls that help catching Water Pokémon. Wow... even in 3rd Gen, Dive Ball was reduntant. The best out of these is Net Ball, as it works on every Water Pokémon, not only those you fish with a Rod or that dwell in water. .__.

Heal Ball probably helps less experienced players. For veterans, it's useless indeed. Very few dungeons in the games are so extensive and exhaustive they keep you there for too long without a Pokémon Center nearby, and though some Routes can stretch, they're very few, and don't stretch long enough to warrant the use. It's even more useless after Fly. It's a cute Ball, though.

Friend Ball is actually great. It's basically an auto-friendship Evolution. Too bad GSC/HGSS have almost no Pokémon that evolve in such a way that can be found in the wild, so yes. It's nearly useless. Zubat, Chansey, um... any other?

Speaking of which, Luxury Ball has a worse effect, as you still have to raise friendship. It does stack with it and Soothe Bell, but it doesn't beats bumping up friendship to 200.

Most other Balls have some use.

As others have said, Moon Balls are almost useless because the pokemon they're good for are already fairly simple enough to capture. However...

And also, Premier Ball FTW.

...Premier Balls are truly the epitome of useless because they have no more effect than a Poke Ball. They're only good for saving more effective balls for some other other Pokemon if the player runs out of Poke Balls or just style for something different. Yeah, I know they're free with ten Poke Balls but they still have no true effective value.

Heavy balls

They sound godamn disgusting.

Haha! My thoughts exactly. First time I gave Kurt Blk Apricorns and the next day I see

"Sven received the HEAVY BALLS!"

Really? That's just...ew.

And my least favorite has to be Moon Balls.

...Premier Balls are truly the epitome of useless because they have no more effect than a Poke Ball. They're only good for saving more effective balls for some other other Pokemon if the player runs out of Poke Balls or just style for something different. Yeah, I know they're free with ten Poke Balls but they still have no true effective value.

Why so much hate for Premier and Luxury Balls? They have some of the best designs and opening animations, and are of course my top choice when it comes to catching Legendary Pokémon unless I have another ball in mind.
Besides, I don't know why people consider the catch rate a crucial feature when it comes to talk about your favorite ball; the capture of a Pokémon stopped being a hard task a long time ago, and many of the current legendaries and low catch rate species are easy to catch if you own a Smeargle with False Swipe, Spore, Foresight/Odor Sleuth and any other support move. For example, I caught Cresselia with a Dive Ball and my Platinum Mesprit is in a Heal Ball.

I hate the quick ball, yea, it's great for filling the dex and shit, but, it has no unique animation, and when i see one on wi-fi or PBR i allways think "eh, thats an ass that just caught lvl 50s in the wild!"
also, poke'balls,the just plain poke'balls
why can't i choose what ball my newly hatched mon will be in! if i had it my way, all of them would be in Preimer or dusk or heal balls, but no, i get the generic "Yellow flash" from a pokeball

and seals don't help

In a generation I play, there HAD to be pokeballs I like, NEVER use.

Least Fav - Nest ball(weak pokemon catcher..not really useful) and heal ball(my party is always full..duh!).

I don't like the Cherish Ball at all. Its colour is a very ugly shade of red and I'm personally not getting a "special" vibe from it at all.

Master Ball. In the last few games I played, I haven't even used it. Usealess to me.

Same here, back in the first and second generation, I loved having a Master Ball. But nowadays I save them up for 'that uncatchable Pokemon' I might need it for.. which of course, will never happen.

To be honest, I enjoy catching all Pokemon with regular Pokeballs. So I'm just gonna let my Master Balls gather dust.

~ OT question: is my signature too big? (its 206 X 240 pixels)

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom