• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your most hated ability/What ability do you think is the most useless?

Re: Worst ability?

Hustle. D8 God it's annoying. There is no point in extra power if every other attack is just gonna miss! OTL

Also, Cute Charm. D8 Somehow, it always bites me in the ass when I least expect it.

Big Pecks/Pigeon Heart.
For the same reason as Honey Gather. It's just a cheap version of Clear Body that only prevents Defense from being lowered... well, not that I care so much about lowering it in-game anyway, but it's still annoying.

Most hated for me is either Serene Grace or Intimidate. Had many a sweep killed by an Intimidator.

Worst ability in my opinion is Run Away. Kinda useless (although it can be nice in those caves with all those effing zubats)

Truant. It's literally useless >> Goes well with hyperbeam, though.

Slow Start. I know only Regigigas has it, but it's F*cking annoying. What I usually do is give him an xattack and xspeed and he kicks ass when it's over, but not so much while his ablility is still in use.

Truant and Defeatist are so stupid!!! Truant makes you skip turns and Defeatist (Archen family's ability) cuts your Attack and Special Attack stats when HP falls below half. It's just s**t!

Certainly Defeatist is a pain in the ass, but Archeops is so fast that most times KOs rivals before even lowering its HP to half, so it's not a so big deal.

My most hated ability is Sturdy. Yeah, it's an awesome and useful ability... when it's on your side. But finding it in every single Roggenrola and Boldore is really annoying.

Archen and Archeops

Why the hell would they create an ability to half your own attack/special attack. It's called "defeatist". Is it possible to use this in a positive way for yourself?:mad::complain:

Re: Archen and Archeops

Half the time the ability doesn't even kick in because they're too busy dying. At least that's how it is when I use Archeops. Archeops is a beast ingame because you can always use potions.

No, this ability isn't positive at all. It is a hindering ability because Archeops would be too powerful otherwise.

I think Run Away ability should let you escape from trapping abilities and moves.

Like if Umbreon uses Mean Look, Dodrio should still be able to switch out

Defeatist.

Seriously, what the heck?

Gluttony is also pretty useless.

The most hated: Intimidate, Serene Grace, Arena Trap and Shadow Tag.

Honey Gather, Leaf Guard, Big Pecks etc. are just annoyingly worse versions from another abilities.
And Justified is another quite stupid one, since it increases your Attack stat by one, if the opponent uses Dark move. Too bad that nearly everyone, who has the ability also has resistance to Dark, so basically no one uses those Dark moves against those anyway.

I. Hate. Sheer Force.
Please do not open the spoiler unless you are prepared for me to rage about Sheer Force.
Are you sure you wish to continue?
SERIOUSLY. LAST WARNING. I'LL EXPLODE.
RAAAAAGE! DANG SHEER FORCE! I WAS TRYING TO GET ZEN WATCHACALL IT FOR DARMANITAN, BUT NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I TRIED IT WAS SHEER FUDGING FORCE! DOOOOOOM! BLAAAAAAS! EVIIIIL!

Sheer Force is better in every way possible, I don't get the complaint =/

Most hated has to be the BW version of Sturdy. No more can you use surf on a geodude (or the Unova version) and get it down in one hit. Now it lives with a constant focus sash. Now, if they could give one of these Pokemon endevor, and quick attack, abuse time.

Hustle. There have been countless times where I was really close to throwing my DS at a wall because of a 5-14 miss combo with moves that have decent accuracy (85-95).

I. Hate. Sheer Force.
Please do not open the spoiler unless you are prepared for me to rage about Sheer Force.
Are you sure you wish to continue?
SERIOUSLY. LAST WARNING. I'LL EXPLODE.
RAAAAAGE! DANG SHEER FORCE! I WAS TRYING TO GET ZEN WATCHACALL IT FOR DARMANITAN, BUT NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I TRIED IT WAS SHEER FUDGING FORCE! DOOOOOOM! BLAAAAAAS! EVIIIIL!

You can only get Zen from the ones in the desert. It is a "hidden" ability in all sense of the word.

One word: MOODY. ("Inconsistent", for those who are unfamiliar with the English name.)

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom