• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your oldest/most treasured Pokémon memorabilia?

Reaction score
The title should be fairly self-explanatory - let us know which plushes, posters, books, games, cards and more take pride of place in your collection! Photos encouraged to make other users jealous. ;)

I've a few bits and pieces preserved from the 90s Pokémania, including the original Monopoly, but by far my most treasured are the Official Pokémon Handbook (so retro it doesn't even have Mew) and a solid double-page spread of Base Set, Jungle, Fossil and Rocket shinies:

Book and cards.JPG

Given that I didn't actually play the games until some time after the release of GS, these were my connection to the franchise - especially the handbook. The art was so vivid and there were just so many species to flick through (150 was a lot to a young mind!). It's fun to look back through it and spot the instances of duff information - Starmie apparently gets slower when it evolves, and Exeggutor apparently becomes worse at battling, despite arguably being the best non-legendary, non-Normal Pokémon in the game!

Last edited:
Damn man that handbook takes me back

I don't think there's anything that I "cherish" per se, I mean, I have a full physical collection of every game from Ruby & Sapphire to Sword & Shield which is fun for an ultra-fan like me (but is also kind of a monument to my OCD-driven material consumption which is less fun), and I've got tons of cool full-art cards from when I could actually afford the TCG, but all that stuff is relatively recent, obtained after my return to the franchise around 2008. There's not much I still own from way back when I first became a fan. Best I can think of is this Charizard plush (that isn't a photo of mine, it's just one I found on Google), but while I suppose it's cool that I still have it, I don't have any overtly precious feelings toward it. In general I am pretty anti-nostalgia, so those types of feelings don't really come natural to me. I think the better answer for me would be my first Nintendo DS which I still have. It's only Pokémon-adjacent since it's what allowed me to properly get back into the series, but I appreciate it so much because I know what an expense it would have been for my mom to get it for me that Christmas.

Last edited:
I've got an old folder full of Pokémon trading cards that I got while trading at the school yard. I've got many more cards since then, but those hold a special place in my heart.

But my most nostalgic Pokémon memorabilia is probably my Charmander room greeter:
s-l400.jpg

(Not mine. Just a photo I found with Google.)
One Christmas, I wished only for Pokémon toys, but this was the only Pokémon toy I got. It wasn't even on my wish list! (I also got a letter from "Santa" along with my gifts that asked me why I had only wished for Pokémon toys.) Eventually, I kinda forgot about this toy, until, years later, I saw that my mom had put it on sale at a flea market. Thankfully it wasn't sold, so I got it back. It now sits all nice and comfy on a shelf, reminding me of the nostalgic days of the early Pokémon craze.

I also have a silly childhood memory attached to this toy. One time, with the first Pokémon Mystery Dungeon anime special fresh in my memory, I, honest to Arceus, spent probably minutes praying to the toy that I would wake up as a Pokémon in a Mystery Dungeon world. Obviously, I didn't.

All my games and things Pkmn related are kept as memorabilia. At the moment, I still treasure my (unfinished) stickers colection from 1999 but I prefer to really value the games as I've spent so much hours into them and have so many memories as soon as I turn them on. Edit: my travel companions are also there and so I like to revisit them once in a while. As for other objects, the Ho-oh and Lugia figurines as HGSS pre-orders are just neat.

I have a couple of Tomy figures that are really old but I dunno if I'd call them by most treasured Pokemon possessions. I guess my oldest most prized memorabilia would be my Sapphire version because I spent 500 hours playing it and most of my Hoenn Pokemon are at a high level since I trained them for years.

I really do like them all and I deeply treasure all the Pokemon stuff I've collected. But I guess some deserve special merit:

• A Pikachu plush I've had since 2000, it hasn't aged well but at least it's still alive. I really love it.
  • An electronic Pokedex my parents gave me on Christmas 2004.
  • A Marshtomp card I got on 2006, its art was the reason I chose Marshtomp as my favorite Pokemon. It's likely an illegal copy since it's material is not the same as the legal cards I got years later and the translation to Spanish is iffy, but when you're a kid and they're selling Pokemon cards a few meters away from you you don't think much about it.

The ancient Mew card from the 2nd Pokemon movie. I actually have like a dozen that a friend of mine got for free because his dad worked at a movie theater and even though they aren't rare I still think the card is really cool and special. :D

I used to have a couple copies of that card but I lost them when I moved. It's a shame because I used to be such a hardcore TCG card collector, but I lost almost my entire collection of holo cards and promos. :(

I have some Pokemon stuff like:-
- Pokemon cards, I used to buy a lot of them as a kid.
- Pokemon tazos, when I was a kid, with every pack of chips a Pokemon tazo used to come free. I had collected a bunch of them.
- Pokemon figurines. Pikachu, Gengar, Raticate, Clefairy etc. Also, Squirtle and Mew on wheels lol. I would have taken their photos but they have become very dusty now :(
- An Ash sharpener. Basically it's like an Ash figurine, with a sharpener attached at the back.
- A couple of t-shirts that are too tight for me now lol.
- Some Mangas. Like, I only have 5-6 of them. But they are very special. There is one where Ash and Gary compete to catch team rocket. It is very funny, and definitely my favorite.
- Some old Pokemon stickers with the original trio, May, Max, Gary etc on some of them.
- And my favourite. A wristwatch with Pikachus on it. It was gifted to me by my aunt when I was very little. I didn't even knew about Pokemon back then, since it wasn't popular in my country yet. That watch was my first Poke-merch, and I like it a lot!
:)

Gosh I have so many things. I've been a fan since the Red and Blue days and have collected a lot of cool stuff. My favorite though would be having all the Pokemon figurines from Kanto through Hoenn because I would play with them with my cousin when we were kids. Most of them are in rough shape, but I love that I still have them!

I still have all my pokemon cards from my childhood as well as all my figures, a hat with pikachu and the gen 1 starters, and the version of the pokemon handbook with mew and togepi.

Though out of all the old stuff I have, I think my most treasured thing I have is a large charmander pillow plush my mom bought when I was a child. I used it as a pillow when we went camping once and I remember waking up freezing cold and hugging the charmander for warmth. I still have it on my bed actually. More recently though, I discovered that mom recognizes and remember's charmander's name because of that plush. I was pretty touched when she said "Of course I know charmander! Remember that plush I got you as a kid!" the other day when I grabbed some more pokemon plushies at the store.

I don't know that I treasure them a whole lot persay, but I do own a number of original G1 merchandise that I got back in those days. Pokemon cards, plushies, toys (and a "gold" Pikachu card I got from one of the restaurants IIRC. I don't remember where it came from at all. It's been over 20 years now).

Gold plated card and yes from Burger King. Still have all six of mine minus the Pokéball case they came in.

The others were Charizard, Poliwhirl, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff and Togepi.

A Base Set Psychic Energy card and an Arcanine card were the first Pokemon items I ever obtained when I was very little. I eventually got a Gameboy Color and Pokemon Gold later that year, played that game for hours on end and never growing bored of it.

My most prized Pokemon item though is a Pokemon hat that I had commissioned for me all the way back in 2011, still wear it from time to time too.

Not really my most treasured piece of Pokémon memorabilia, nor is it my oldest. It is however quite old, and given how few people likely held onto these, probably fairly unique.

The showbag below was distributed to all attendees of the Pokémon PokéTour in Australia in 1999, which was the original distribution of Mew for Red & Blue in this country. I picked up this bag from the PokéTour stop at the Myer Center in Brisbane. Fairly sure I haven't lost anything that was included in these bags, it was pretty thin. The highlight of the bag was of course this special promo Pikachu, which has been in the sleeve since pretty much the moment I got it home that day.

IMG_20210214_171643.jpg
IMG_20210214_172807.jpg

My oldest piece of Pokemon merchandise is technically my copy of Red version but it doesn't work so it's just something that I own for nostalgia's sake. I think my oldest working item is my DVD copy of the 1st movie but it's not my most prized Pokemon possession.

Just been going through some of my old stuff and found this Venusaur that I bought as a kid.

venusaur.jpg

This guy was part of a series of model kits released by Tomy back in the franchise's first few years. I don't think they were ever released officially outside of Japan, but I found some on a UK import site that no longer exists. When you press the flower on its back, the leaves shoot out to recreate Razor Leaf.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom