• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your playstyle?

i choose the Pokémon that i like the most (there isn't a single one that i dislike) and i choose them as team members for the game, i also have one or two (soon-to-be five in BW XD) Wildcards aswell

after the Main quest is done, i llike to pretend that there's hidden secrets in the game, so backtracking is one of my many joys, i also consider grinding to a challenge to be fun (don't judge...), i never did Compete In the Metagame, i am very knowledgeable about it, and i'm planning to start it as soon as i get White.

i also enjoy training various Pokémon.

I usually have pre-meditated teams, but I am going to go freestyle in White. I usually try to complete the national dex (even though the rewards suck). I also enjoy colleceting items and rare berries. I prefer local trades over GTS, but since a bunch of my friends bailed on pokemon I've had to resort to GTS.

I never was social with Pokemon until now. I never traded or battled with my friends. I had two Gameboys so for gen. I and II I used both games and traded with myself to get more Pokemon. Gen.III I had a Gameboy Advance and GBA SP, I did the same. I got both Diamond and Pearl with my DS so I just used a friends DS to trade with myself again. (I mostly used a AR to get Pokemon not in my version in Gen IV)
Since Gen. V came out and I got White and I discovered these forums a week later, I've been more social. I've tradeded over wi-fi and exchanged friend codes (which I never knew existed in Gen. IV). I have completed the ENTIRE Unova section of the Pokedex legitimately (except cheating to get Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect)
Someone traded me a level 87 Gurdurr over the GTS which evolved to Conkeldurr when I got it and its JAPANESE. It was so cool. Ive traded with people from Australia, France, Japan, Canada, and other states in the USA.

In Gen II and III, I pretty much ignored everyone beside my starter, a legendary, and maybe one other Pokémon. The Pokédex was ignored entirely and I tried to speed through the games (avoiding trainers, items, etc.). What I've done in BW, HGSS, and DPPt is that I get myself all 3 starters by starting the game over 3 times. Not only am I helping my Pokédex, but I find that this also makes it easier for me to stay balanced because the starters generally have good stats. But that's not to say it's a cakewalk either because you can't rely on sheer power.
As for my teams, I had nothing thought of beforehand except for the current generation. I plan to transfer some Pokémon from Emerald to HG and then to White so that I can have an all Gen III team for battles against others.

Last edited:
I do the plot slowly so I can enjoy it and get a good team together for the E-4. After the main plot I get onto training/breeding good pokemon and filling my Pokedex.

Mainly powering through the plot, to unlock the full National Pokedex. As much as I enjoyed B/W's storyline, I just can't wait around sometimes; I just push onto the next story event.

Of course, after I get that far, I end up training lots of different Pokemon (mostly the ones I like). I've never really planned out a team before, just seen Pokemon I liked and threw them in. Basically, once the main game's done, I breed Pokemon I like, try out new ones I think are cool, and battle with my friends.

I tend to go along and only catch the pokemon I really want to use later on and train them along the way to as high as I can. When I get to a route I'll either wimp out and dodge through the trainers, or take on as many as them as i need to in order to get my chosen few up to a level I had in mind. My goal is beat all parts of the story but mostly strengthen up various pokemon to add to my party. After scouting out the strength of the pokemon in the next part of the story, I'll go back and take on the trainers I missed.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom