• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your sexuality?

What's your sexuality?

• Total voters
Mod Note: There have been a few recent posts here commenting on the poll results/sexualities included on the poll in a somewhat critical way, this thread is mainly for users to explain their sexuality, not criticise the poll results or what sexualities are on it. Just something to keep in mind. Thanks.

Homosexual, bi-romantic. Strong preference towards girls, minor romantic attraction towards some guys.
So yeah. Pretty much gay :p

I'm straight. I only think about men that way and i've never been curious. I'm not saying if an extremely hot girl wanted a kiss I wouldn't give her one, I do appreciate attractiveness in certain women but It's more about admiring them than havig sexual thoughts about them, never had those.

There was a long period of time in my life in which I was convinced to be a-sexual. Not having any sort of attraction towards either gender. That changed slightly as I grew older, so I'd currently describe myself as a straight guy, but still with very little interest in women. If that makes sense.

I'm not sure. I might be gay. For example, there was this time where I saw two boys and just got this nice feeling I can't really explain when I saw them, and whenever I see girls, I feel nothing. I'd like people's thoughts on this.

Last edited:
I'm not sure. I might be gay. For example, there was this time where I saw two boys and just got this nice feeling I can't really explain when I saw them, and whenever I see girls, I feel nothing. I'd like people's thoughts on this.

Well, if you did have some kind of sexual attraction to those two boys then, that is a sign of Homosexuality, but I'm straight so I might not have that much knowledge of Homosexuality. I have a friend that, at one point, were unsure of their sexuality, but I noticed his spark of interest when he told me he felt a certain kind of interest to another guy. I think other people posting on this thread might give you some better information, but I hope I helped...

Well, if you did have some kind of sexual attraction to those two boys then, that is a sign of Homosexuality, but I'm straight so I might not have that much knowledge of Homosexuality. I have a friend that, at one point, were unsure of their sexuality, but I noticed his spark of interest when he told me he felt a certain kind of interest to another guy. I think other people posting on this thread might give you some better information, but I hope I helped...

Well, that did help a little. I think I might be gay.
My umm... boy parts got a little stiff when I saw them too, and I've been told that's a sign you're attracted to someone.

@Julum; If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

I'm 13. I said 'boy parts" because it would been a lot weirder if I had said "penis". And that's what I know because it was in the "changes" video everyone had to watch in 5th grade, and my father told me.

Last edited:
wow. It's a big sign of maturity to be talking about this but I feel like it's a little early because, you're still in middle school, right?. Once you hit 16, you'll be certain.

A lot of people say I'm more mature than others my age. I have my immature moments sometimes because I'm only 13, but I don't really act like other kids.

I'm 13.

wow. It's a big sign of maturity to be talking about this but I feel like it's a little early because, you're still in middle school, right?. Once you hit 16, you'll be certain.

My sexual feelings started developing when i was 14 so it sounds about the right kind of time. Your hormones are kicking in and you're starting to become a sexual being. I've always 'known' even before i was aware of what a sexual identity really is - i mean i had crushes on guys. I think the first one was David Yost (Billy the blue power ranger). Did you also feel a rush of emotion like excitement and longing when seeing the boys? That's a potential sign.

I'm straight. Always have been, always will be, that guys are hot. I mean, I can appreciate how good looking a girl is, but I'm not attracted to her for it. All my crushes have been on guys, never had a crush on a girl.

I thought briefly that I was a lesbian for absolutely no reason during the gay marriage debate, but then I watched some movies with hot male leads and it passed quickly. Also, good way to check if you're unsure- watch a movie with a hot shirtless guy.

I'm 13.

My sexual feelings started developing when i was 14 so it sounds about the right kind of time. Your hormones are kicking in and you're starting to become a sexual being. I've always 'known' even before i was aware of what a sexual identity really is - i mean i had crushes on guys. I think the first one was David Yost (Billy the blue power ranger). Did you also feel a rush of emotion like excitement and longing when seeing the boys? That's a potential sign.

Rush of a motion? A little bit, yeah. And I've had dreams with boys in them.

It's definitely possible that you're gay. Really the most important thing is to just allow yourself to be flexible with your identity, and to not feel like you have to "box" yourself into something (also don't make anyone else put you in a box). There's always a possibility of change later down the line, and the last thing you want to do is reject that change and start to hate yourself. (That's usually said to people who are not straight and want to reject that, but it can happen in other scenarios, as well.) Sure, what you just described points to signs of homosexuality, but it's always possible that later on you find out that you do in fact have sexual and/or romantic feelings for women, even if the feelings are small (or you may have a lot of feelings for women, whatever!). And of course there are identities like polysexuality and pansexuality to think about if you feel like they better describe how you're feeling. But ultimately, just go with whatever your body is telling you until you find something that makes you happy.

Also, I don't think I posted in this thread, so since I'm here I might as well say that I'm gay. I never felt attracted to women since I was, like, eleven, haha.

It's definitely possible that you're gay. Really the most important thing is to just allow yourself to be flexible with your identity, and to not feel like you have to "box" yourself into something (also don't make anyone else put you in a box). There's always a possibility of change later down the line, and the last thing you want to do is reject that change and start to hate yourself. (That's usually said to people who are not straight and want to reject that, but it can happen in other scenarios, as well.) Sure, what you just described points to signs of homosexuality, but it's always possible that later on you find out that you do in fact have sexual and/or romantic feelings for women, even if the feelings are small (or you may have a lot of feelings for women, whatever!). And of course there are identities like polysexuality and pansexuality to think about if you feel like they better describe how you're feeling. But ultimately, just go with whatever your body is telling you until you find something that makes you happy.

Also, I don't think I posted in this thread, so since I'm here I might as well say that I'm gay. I never felt attracted to women since I was, like, eleven, haha.

I'm completely open to being gay, so I don't think I'll reject the change. Some people can't know I'm gay, though. We live in the same house as my mother's extremely homophobic father and he said he almost shot a gay man once.

I'm completely open to being gay, so I don't think I'll reject the change. Some people can't know I'm gay, though. We live in the same house as my mother's extremely homophobic father and he said he almost shot a gay man once.

Ah, sorry to hear that. :/ Yeah, your safety definitely comes first, so you should probably wait until you're in a safer situation before telling him.

If you like boys there's nothing wrong in that, let no one tell you different.

I'm bisexual. I used to have a girlfriend but we broke up a couple of months ago after being together for a few years, though I haven't had a boyfriend yet.

I'm also bisexual. I only realised it a few months ago, it just suddenly dawned on me that I was attracted to both men and women. It took me awhile to actually identify as it, but I do now. I have a boyfriend, and all my previous partners have been male, but I'd have no problem dating a female.

Bisexual here as well. I mostly dated females, but one's gender was never a big factor to me, as long as the person looks good and attractive; ^^

If only I'd posted sooner, you would have seen four bisexuals in a row. Certainly, in my experience, it's far from the most commonly-noted orientation.

I, myself, have had a boyfriend, but we broke up because I had to move away. Since then, I've found a girlfriend, who, by a happy coincidence, is also bisexual.

I've known this for years, and I maintain it: I'm completely comfortable with any gender/gender identity combo. Admittedly, I do find men relatively more attractive, though, if only by a small order of magnitude.
Just an question for bisexuals, how do you know that the "attraction" isn't lust?

Back
Top Bottom