• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your sexuality?

What's your sexuality?

• Total voters
As pretentious as it is, I think my sexuality is somewhat fluid. Most days I'm hetero, but now and then I lean a bit more heavily to the gay side of bisexuality. Frankly, it doesn't matter. I check out guys like 5% of the time, but I don't see myself being sexually or romantically involved with one.

I still thinking I'm aromantic.

Due to my escape avoidance trait and cultural issue, I might be not asexual and just straight.

Asexual....found out when I was disgusted by my first sexual experience.

I'm straight. I'd only get in a relationship to pick my boyfriend's brains and to make him fetch my tea whenever I snapped my fingers.

As boring of an answer as it is, I'm pretty much straight.

Im a heterosexual guy, but at times Asexual depending on mood.

Serious question, though: how do I know whether I'm asexual but romantic or heterosexual, but just a prude?

Do asexual and heteroromantic fit together?

Last edited:
Serious question, though: how do I know whether I'm asexual but romantic or heterosexual, but just a prude?

If you're asexual, then you don't feel sexual attraction. That's the basic indicator of asexuality, but different ace people choose to do different things with that information. There are definitely prudish ace people, but you don't have to be prude to be ace. This page might help explain it.

As for the relationship between asexuality and romantic orientation, any asexual can be of any romantic orientation! In fact, many ace people feel that their romantic orientation is a better way to define their interest in others, since it gives a better indication of who they'd like to be in a relationship with.

The post above is good. In general, if you really don't want sex (whether or not you actively dislike it) and can't think of it as an innately interesting or pleasant experience, you're probably closer to asexual than just a prude. I'm both. Some people are just one or the other. And, yeah, heteroromantic asexual people exist.

Thanks.
That "straight by default" line is actually something that's crossed my mind before because I'm not gay or bi or anything, so process of elimination. I have, however, wanted a girlfriend to do romantic stuff with, but never actually wanted sex or been interested in having it. I just chalked that last part up to being a virgin because I've heard about people want it more after they've experienced it, so I just kind of assumed that's probably what's going on with me.

A lot of the points on that website are really speaking to me, though.

Thanks.
That "straight by default" line is actually something that's crossed my mind before because I'm not gay or bi or anything, so process of elimination. I have, however, wanted a girlfriend to do romantic stuff with, but never actually wanted sex or been interested in having it. I just chalked that last part up to being a virgin because I've heard about people want it more after they've experienced it, so I just kind of assumed that's probably what's going on with me.

A lot of the points on that website are really speaking to me, though.

It can be a tricky one to reconcile, as I know all too well. I am a heteromantic asexual, incidentally

I've had thoughts that I might be asexual. I lean heavily towards straight, but I voted unsure because I'm impulsive and didn't think things through. I kind of regret it now, since I feel like I'm not being honest with myself. So yeah, I voted unsure but I really should have voted straight.

I've actually had passing thoughts that I might be asexual before, but after reading more about it and giving it some actual specific thought, it seems right for me. Experiences along that vein have never really been exciting or anything for me, though I'd still say I was heteroromantic.

Back
Top Bottom