• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your sexuality?

What's your sexuality?

• Total voters
I'm asexual, and homo/demiromantic. I can't have a romantic relationship with someone without being friends first, but I can also only have romance with girls.

I'm bisexual, myself. I was with a guy for a couple of months a few years back and with a girl for a few years. I'm usually more interested in girls, but I dunno, it may be more even or leaning towards guys slightly right now. It varies. I'm always attracted to both though.

I'm straight, but I'd have no issue dating a guy of another sexuality (so long as he wasn't gay) because I really couldn't care less about whether my partner was attracted to people of other genders to me so long as he was definitely in a relationship with me and only me :)

Straight, but honestly not interested in anyone at present. I've previously had one girlfriend and two other crushes since then.

It seems that I must have voted in this poll some time ago, beacuse I voted 'unsure'. Anyway, since then I've found out that I'm asexual.
I've never been sexually attracted to anyone, and the whole idea of sex has never appealed to me. In fact it does quite the opposite, in that it disgusts me.
I guess that's why I was so confused about my sexuality before I found out about what asexuality was. Because I knew I couldn't be straight, gay, or bisexual, because I wasn't sexually attracted to anyone.
Of course I may be entirely wrong and I just haven't found the right person yet (like my mum says), but that's just how I feel identifing at the moment. I guess we'll just see how things turn out.

Last edited:
I've recently realized that I'm an ace lesbian, rather than being ace and panromantic. My identity as panromantic was based on misconceptions I had about whether I could be both nonbinary and a lesbian.

Good luck and lots of love to everyone else still trying to figure out their own identity out there. ❤

Sometimes, I'm not quite sure. I've never really felt sexual attraction towards anyone and I've always had this disinterest in sexual interaction. I almost want to call myself asexual, but I'm not sure. I can confirm I'm heteromantic though. I've never felt any sort of romantic attraction towards males, though I have on some occasions felt romantic attraction towards females.

I identified as ace for a while before admitting that my "Oh he looks cute" feelings were a little more than I admitted. (Growing up in the south will do that to you) I'm still kind of in-between gay and asexual still-I find guys physically attractive, but I don't have any desire to do any kind of sexual acts-so I'm calling myself "gay/grey-asexual" for now. (I want to make a pun of "graysexual", but that's too confusing/could imply the wrong thing.)

Also, slightly off subject, but I really appreciate how the Pokemon community, and Bulbagarden in particular, work to ensure a safe place for diversity, it's such a heartwarming thing to see, especially when video game-focused communities have a reputation for the opposite.

I just kind of like whoever I like, whenever I like them. It is always based on long time existing friendships as I really don't get crushes on people from a single glance or brief contact. Can't like who I don't know. Just for sake of ease when talking to other people though, I say bisexual. I prefer women aesthetically, but I'm kind of married to a guy right now, so yeah. I'm pretty happy and satisfied with all that.

Straight up straight. Sometimes, my avatar might confuse you, but I already said my answer, right? Also, another reason that proves my gender identity is I am not much interested in love.

aromantic asexual. which is why i, for example, refuse to go to theaters since romance and all things related to it is shoehorned into genres that aren't casual, chick-flicky things.

100% Straight. I don't care if you are gay, lesian, etc. as long as you (a male) don't have a crush on me, then I become extremely uncomfortable. That's it.

I don't remember if I actually posted in this thread or just voted in the poll, but I definitely identify as asexual. Now I've realized that I'm panromantic after accepting the fact that I wasn't straight and that my mom would never accept me how I was anyways. Still have yet to have a successful relationship though.
I've recently realized that I'm an ace lesbian, rather than being ace and panromantic. My identity as panromantic was based on misconceptions I had about whether I could be both nonbinary and a lesbian.

Good luck and lots of love to everyone else still trying to figure out their own identity out there. ❤

Yo if you're nonbinary but romantically attracted to women, you could use finromantic! Of course I'm not trying to tell you what to identify as or anything, just a suggestion. (Sorry if this came off as rude.)

I'm bisexual, although I've never actually been with a guy. There was one in high school who I was mildly attracted to, but he was straight so it obviously didn't go anywhere. I've been in five relationships with girls, one of which ended civilly, three of which crashed and burned, and the last is still going strong. We've been together for over five years, which is exponentially longer than any of my previous relationships, and we are both still completely happy with each other. Still, I once admitted to my current SO that I do somewhat wish I'd been able to try out a relationship with a guy before we got together. :p

Speaking of, my SO also identified as bisexual until very recently when she discovered the term demisexual, and decided that it was a more accurate description of her.

polyamorous aceflux demiromantic pansexual. although poly really isnt considered a sexuality. still, i think it's important to mention it. i tend to lean more towards men in terms of attraction i guess, but most of the time for me i don't see gender.

Bisexual, though I've never been with a girl. I 'discovered' it pretty late, at 19/20 years or something, when I first had a serious crush on a girl. I was already together with my current bf back then though (and pretty sure she was straight anyway). Took him some time to get used to it, as before that I was completely convinced I was straight. He's the only one who knows too, others would probably just think I'm only saying it to get attention or something (bf first didn't believe me either), and my parents will just think it's a phase, even though I'm 25 now lol. I'm not too worried about it though, if I ever get a gf, they'll know then ;)

Also in the same boat as Esserise; I am completely happy with who I'm with now, but do kinda wish I'd been able to be in a relationship with a girl before him. I'm happy I can be completely open with him about that kinda thing though, we always discuss what kind of girls we like and how cute the female news anchor is and stuff :p

I'm bisexual. I used to think I was a lesbian, because frequently my attraction to girls is more obvious to me, but a few years ago I realized I had a serious crush on one of my best friends, and I have had this crush for the last six to eight years. Maybe I'm only biromantic, cuz I'm not sure I'm actually sexually attracted to guys....though, I would have sex with one, and I think I'd enjoy it, so I dunno.

Back
Top Bottom