• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your sexuality?

What's your sexuality?

• Total voters
I'm asexual. I'm not attracted to anyone regardless of gender. I find anime characters much more aesthetically appealing than real people but I still don't fantasize about them in that way.

I still have the capacity to feel romantic feelings towards people and fictional characters of any gender, but I don't bother with relationships because I'm perfectly happy being a single spinster. :cool:

Slight change since the last time I posted here — currently I identify as bi. It's a little complicated because I'm rarely romantically attracted to girls and rarely intimately attracted to men. Usually I just say I'm bi to avoid confusion, but once I'm actually in a relationship it usually gets a little more complicated.

i'm pansexual but since that gets criticism on the internet i tend to just say i'm non labeling or bisexual to save the explanation. usually i lean towards non labeling though. i will date anyone really regardless of gender.

I'm so glad you can be more confident in who you are! But don't feel rushed to come out to family and friends, especially if you don't feel safe doing so-your acceptance of yourself doesn't have to mean being completely out to everyone!

I'm coming to the conclusion that I am asexual. I was unsure at first and I have dated in the past to test the waters, but nothing really kicked off. At my age, I'm now coming to realize that I just don't care about being romantically invovled with any person and I'm okay with that.

straight. though have relatively many regular non-straight chat friends, strangely enough. two bis, two asexuals and a demi.

I've been calling myself asexual for years now, mostly because people won't stop asking me about my "crushes". While I am aware and fully support and respect that there are people who are asexual out there, I am not one of them. I currently identify as "gay", although it's not something I tell people.

At first I didn't want to accept it. It started when I realised I was crushing on my best friend back in 2014 (which I still am, but it's not as bad), and tried to convince myself that I just liked her a lot as a friend. I didn't want to be gay, because it made me worry. LGBT+ people face so much shit for being themselves, and I am not a very confindent person to begin with. Eventually I told my closest friends (excluding said best friend, because I'm a chicken). It went surprisngly well, and one of them even came out as pansexual to me. Other than that I'm not really out to anyone, but most people know I don't "like guys much".

This year I finally started accepting myself for who I am, and while I'm not ready to come out to my family and other friends, I do feel more comfortable with myself. I talk to the friends who know I am gay about crushes and such.

It is a sort of a step forward for me, revealing it here, though. I feel like it's safe, seing as the people here are accepting and friendly.

Hey noworry,

I'm replying to you because I have a fairly similar experiences as you have. I did have a hard time accepting the fact that I am gay mainly because I was a target of bullies and to add to the effect, I was the target of homophobic jokes when I was in elementary and middle school. Back then, and occasionally now, I would say that I'm "asexual" to avoid answering the question "So, who do you have a crush on?" In hindsight, that question was just meant to be a loaded question for bullies to keep on bullying me.

Personally though, I think the hardest step for me is accepting the fact that I am gay or "coming out of the closet to myself." Once I "came out," it was just the matter as to whom I can trust, which was very risky for me at the time. Thankfully, I came out to some of my closest friends and they accepted and supported me. Eventually, I had enough confidence and support to come out to the rest of my friends and that I can tell new people that i meet that I am gay.

Being able to tell people that you're gay doesn't happen overnight. And you may still not be able to come out to everyone you know (I know that I don't have enough confidence and support to tell my parents and older relatives I'm gay). This takes time. Just know that you have the support of your trusted friends and this community through this journey. You're never alone in this journey.

If you're in the itch to talk about this or want to pick my brain on this, I'll be more than happy to. :)

I am fully bisexual, but I consider myself a heteroromantic.

I had suspicions about this for a long time, before I finally accepted it about 2 1/2 years ago, when I made the first milestone by coming out at the Zelda Dungeon-Informer Forums. I was in denial for a really long time, and then I finally decided that it was time to embrace the fact that I am sexually attracted to both males and females (leaning a bit more towards females though). I couldn't help it, so I had to accept it, and I am not ashamed of it.

That being said, though, I am only romantically attracted to females. I've never had any sort of true emotional connection with a guy, even though I do appreciate the male form. Who knows, maybe some day there will be a male that catches my fancy, but I don't imagine myself ever having a serious relationship with a guy, even though I would have no problem having sexual activity with one.

My second milestone with this was reached just a week ago, on National Coming Out Day (October 11). A girl at my school came out as gay on Facebook, which inspired me to tell some people, so I told a small group of my good friends. This was the second time I had ever told anybody IRL, the first being my best friend a couple years back. Since then, my confidence has raised, and that was a very important next step towards truly making it public. Mostly, I'm just scared to tell my family, because I know a lot of them wouldn't be as accepting as my friends would, but I know I will have to eventually. I'm just not ready yet.

Straight as an arrow. Although for some odd reason, I tend to attract males instead of females. I can't imagine why.

Ugh. I voted here some time ago for Bisexual... While "other" would have been more appropriate, I'd say.

I currently identify as pansexual... But I figure that's not really a full answer.

Mostly, it's if I find someone attractive, their sex doesn't matter - but there's a LOT of other traits I find attractive and how they work is something I could write books about :v so yeah lmao.

Bisexual with a preference toward males. Never been with a woman, but I've had serious crushes that I kinda just pushed away because of how rare and confusing they were. >_> I've come to accept it now so if it happens again I don't think I'd be as awkward and shy.

eh, who am I kidding, I'm always awkward and shy

Back
Top Bottom