• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's Your 'Sickness Comfort Food?'

Two words: ice cream.

Sometimes when I'm sick, my parents let me eat ice cream for dinner.

Carbs and ice cream are my go-to. Particularly, crackers and bread.

Ice cream is good because it can really take you out of a sick-mindset for a few minutes. ^^

Candy, carbs, tea with honey. Noted that it is the one and only case in which I like tea.
Ice cream is a no, last thing I need when sick is something cold. Candy does the trick at a much better temperature.

Some delicious, delicious grilled cheese to fill up on and make me feel better. And usually when I'm sick I don't have that much of an appetite or usually don't want to eat because of a sore throat, so lots and lots of Italian ices or sherbets! Or warm milk and honey.

Soft foods, anything with meat, salad, or grilled cheese. Really really love grilled cheese, especially when I'm sick, and with chipotle aioli— makes me feel lots better. ♥ Orange juice and chocolate milk are my drinks of choice when I'm sick, as well.

Welp, ever since my girlfriend introduced me to it, I've taken a liking to pan-cooked ramen with a fried egg on top. It's good for sick days and bad mental days - I prefer to have it with roast beef flavor ramen and let the egg cool a bit so the yolk is thicker.

When I am sick, I usually have a sore throat, which prompts me to buy orange Jell-O cups. I don't even really like them that much, but they do help to soothe the irritation.

Aside from that, I stick mostly to saltine crackes, water, and Sprite (being sick is one of the very rare times at which I drink soda), though I also get cravings for bananas. I don't really feel like eating a lot when I'm sick, so this arrangement works just fine.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom