• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your zodiac sign?

chocovelvetcake

Your local cake lover ~ ♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
My birthday is July 4th, thus making me a cancer, and apparently, one of the things cancers are known for are how emotional they are. I am a pretty emotional person, but I don't believe my sign is the reason for this. It's just the way I am. I don't really take star signs too seriously, tho.

Sagittarius.

I never really care about it because honestly next-to-none of the personality traits and/or mythological symbolism that are associated with that zodiac sign really adheres to me both thematically and as far as I am as a person.

My birthday is January 14th, so I'm a Capricorn.

Supposedly, Capricorns are mostly known to be hard-working, honest, and practical — but at their worst can also be stubborn, distant, and pessimistic. I really don't put a lot of stock into these descriptions other than for fun, but I won't say any of that is inaccurate, lol.

And if you're someone who's a bit more into horoscopes and stuff than I am, my moon sign is Gemini and my rising sign is Cancer. Do with that what you will.

I take absolutely no stock in zodiac signs whatosever, but it’s always fun when the sign actually does match up with someone’s personality. And they’re for great fun for someone like me who’s a writer (even if I often ignore zodiac signs for that too; oh well).

As for me, my birthday is January 20th, which makes me an Aquarius. The typical description for one fits me… shockingly well, actually, but things aren’t as simple as they might seem. I can be very aloof in real life — far more so than I am here; I’m not very comfortable around random people by default — and I can also often seem very logical to the point of seeming almost mechanical. Both of those together often gives off the impression that I’m detached from the world, or that I see everything in terms of logic, or that I don’t really care about anyone or anything at all. Nothing could be further from the truth… I’m actually an extremely emotional person; to a fault, even. It’s just that said emotions don’t always show when most people expect them to. And I hide my emotions a lot besides, not just because of… well, many reasons that are probably too extensive for me to get into meaningfully here, ahaha, but also often to purposely make myself seem as unattractive to talk to as possible, so that people leave me alone. As you can probably tell from that alone, haha, my relationship with people and the world around me is weird: I simultaneously quite dislike most people and the world around me, yet I also strongly want to help people, especially when they’re in need, as well as the wider world around me. Meanwhile, I also simultaneously think that a lot of social interaction — including what most people would call “friendship” — is a complete waste of time, yet I also crave love and companionship, and relationships — real ones — are sacred to me. I’m a mess of contradictions, really, but I think that a lot of my attitudes come just as much from experience just as much as it does from my personality, especially given that my experiences with people, well… let’s just say have given me a pretty good reason to have an broadly unflattering opinion about them, for better or worse. I think that it’s less so much than I’m really aloof — and thus, fitting of the Aquarius sign in that way — more so than the fact that I’ve developed a very low tolerance for fakeness, toxicity, and abuse over the years, having been at the often very painful receiving end of that for almost just as long. It all alters your perception of things compared to how you’d be if you’re lucky enough to have not been through all of that, I think, to the point where it makes you unwilling to open your heart up to anyone to but a scant few people, or wherever feels “safe” (like here at Bulbagarden, for instance). If I were to use TVTropes to describe it — probably a more relatable “horoscope” than actual zodiac signs for some, honestly — I’m classic Sugar and Ice, for sure. Or in animal terms? I’m a like a cat: I do my own thing and it often seems like I don’t care — and sometimes I really don’t — but when it comes down to it, I truly, truly do care, and I’ll likely do pretty much anything for the sake of what — and who — I care about the most.

You can see how that messy bundle of things that equals me doesn’t come together so cleanly into a single sign now, does it?

Overall, I’d say that personality — and one’s ultimate attitude towards life — is greatly a matter of nature versus nurture more than anything else. Zodiac signs are fun to think about, but nothing more than that, during the scant few times that life allows me to. Which is to say, not much at all, especially with my “stuff”. It’s all about surviving another day for me, with my knowledge of me, as I know best; nothing else matters.

(All while hopefully making one of those days easier for someone else, too. With a smile here at Bulbagarden, and with an ever-aloof, distant frown everywhere else, haha).

Taurus. I may have some traits like "stubborn" but I do not really have much faith in astrology, it is most likely a combination of coincidences and confirmation bias.

my horoscope is scorpio, my chinese zodiac is rat, my mbti is infj, and i think my blood type is a. honestly i don't really find any real weight in this kinda stuff. i mean i kinda fit in some descriptions of scorpio, like being very emotional, but descriptions of this stuff is vague on purpose. i fit no descriptions of the rat, i'm not popular and i don't really like large social gatherings. i really don't get why people take horoscopes as gospel, i think it's way more reasonable (and fun) to think of them more like hogwarts houses, a little thing you can use to tell basic stuff about yourself.
but i do have to admit, whenever i'm really bored i look at random horoscope pages on instagram.

my horoscope is scorpio, my chinese zodiac is rat, my mbti is infj, and i think my blood type is a. honestly i don't really find any real weight in this kinda stuff. i mean i kinda fit in some descriptions of scorpio, like being very emotional, but descriptions of this stuff is vague on purpose. i fit no descriptions of the rat, i'm not popular and i don't really like large social gatherings. i really don't get why people take horoscopes as gospel, i think it's way more reasonable (and fun) to think of them more like hogwarts houses, a little thing you can use to tell basic stuff about yourself.
but i do have to admit, whenever i'm really bored i look at random horoscope pages on instagram.
I honestly don't get why people take horoscopes so seriously. From what I've heard, scorpios are one of, if not the most, hated star signs, and it makes me feel so confused as to why people hate scorpios so much. It's not like you can control the month and day you were born. And don't even get me started on compatibility. Whenever I'm reading horoscopes, I just read them for fun. I don't really take them too seriously.

I honestly don't get why people take horoscopes so seriously. From what I've heard, scorpios are one of, if not the most, hated star signs, and it makes me feel so confused as to why people hate scorpios so much. It's not like you can control the month and day you were born. And don't even get me started on compatibility. Whenever I'm reading horoscopes, I just read them for fun. I don't really take them too seriously.
oh yeah, scorpios are seriously done so dirty. if you read like, anything on them it'll be like "scorpios are manipulative possessive paranoid rude disrespectful they are the embodiment of the 7 deadly sins and they will ruin your lives" and its just like... tf...

oh yeah, scorpios are seriously done so dirty. if you read like, anything on them it'll be like "scorpios are manipulative possessive paranoid rude disrespectful they are the embodiment of the 7 deadly sins and they will ruin your lives" and its just like... tf...
Exactly

I almost never hear anything good about scorpios. It's always "scorpios are evil" and I'm like wtf. You can't even bring up your star sign without people talking shit about you, and it's sad.

this thread reminds me of the times in the past where i used to place stock into zodiac sign stuff since i was SO into those. not anymore and i havent for... goodness knows how long now, but it's interesting thinking about whether or not zodiac signs influence someone's behaviour and to what extent.

i'm a leo, btw.

this thread reminds me of the times in the past where i used to place stock into zodiac sign stuff since i was SO into those. not anymore and i havent for... goodness knows how long now, but it's interesting thinking about whether or not zodiac signs influence someone's behaviour and to what extent.

i'm a leo, btw.
Lol

Whenever I read articles about horoscopes, I can't help but to think about ppl I know online and irl whose horoscopes I'm reading about. I can't think about geminis without thinking about my father and little sister bc they're both geminis. Oddly enough, my mom and I share the same sign.

I’m Gemini. I discovered I do have some similar traits to a Gemini. They say that Gemini look for people who have interesting conversations and that’s literally why I like some people. They also say that Gemini’s get easily bored which is true when I was younger, but I think all little kids are like that. I also read that Gemini have a ton of interests which is quite true for me. I enjoy video games, Lego, writing, drawing, and music.

Though, I must admit I’m definitely not usually the loudest person in the room and sometimes find it challenging sometimes to come up with a conversation. And I feel like that I’ve gotten to know a lot of people on accident rather than me starting a conversation with them.

Interestingly, my parents have the most compatible signs for Gemini. Anyways, that’s probably all I’ll talk about this on the forums lol. And I don’t take this as proof that horoscopes are correct because many other people do not match up with their horoscopes as people have said above.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom