• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

When Did You Start Playing Pokemon?

When Did You Start Playing Pokemon?

• Total voters
The first game that I owned was Pokemon Stadium which I received as a birthday present in May 2000. Following that, I finally got Red and Blue at Christmas 2000 which I used to play through Stadium through use of the Transfer Pak because I didn't get a Game Boy Color until my following birthday in 2001 along with Pokemon Silver.

That said, I had been watching over the shoulders of fellow school and class peers with great interest while they played Red and Blue on their GB Pocket/Color/Classic at Primary School as early as when the Pokemon craze went mainstream in the UK in 1999. I was also hooked on the anime as soon as it hit UK terrestrial television in late 1999, therefore my love for Pokemon began many months prior to me obtaining my first Pokemon game.

I am pretty sure that Stadium on N64 was my first Pokemon game.
I later got Pokemon Blue and a Game Boy Color and often played it through Stadium by inserting the cartridge in the Transfer Pak.

Good times...

I started playing Blue back in 1999 towards the end of my seventh grade year. My little bro got Red, and then that Christmas we both got the Pikachu GBC bundle with Yellow. Since then I've owned at least one game per generation.

Either 2005 or 2006, I forgot. So I was nine or ten. My first game was Emerald.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom