• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

When Did you start watching pokemon

Jackson64

Reaction score
what series/Year did you start watching and what was your Fondest memory's from back than

I'll start with mine I started watching back in 2008 with the diamond and pearl series. My fondest memory was waking up early
every morning with a bowl of cereal waiting for the newest episode of Pokémon diamond and pearl to start

I don't know if it was the first episode I watched, but the earliest episode I remember is DP014, when Bonsly evolved and my first full season was DP Battle Dimension (so around 2008-2009). In Italy at that time Pokémon aired in the afternoon.

Last edited:
1998. Abra and the Psychic Showdown was the first episode I saw in full, but my first memory of the show is seeing Brock on his hands and knees on a beach, presumably lamenting bikini season being over. I didn't see the rest of that episode since I turned it off to get ready for school. One of my fond memories of that time was watching the reruns and seeing Ash catch Caterpie because I liked Caterpie's design. My fondest memory of the period is probably the hype surrounding the first movie and how when I finally got to see it I was lying awake for ages with the songs twirling around in my head.

I think it started airing here around 1999? So yeah, probably 1999. I honestly think I started watching it from the very first episode.

I think my earliest memory is from about 2006-2007, around the time of Advanced Battle and Battle Frontier. I got into Pokémon as a whole really young so I don't recall too much, but I think some of my fondest memories from that time are...

1. Hearing the Diamond & Pearl theme song for the first time when it started airing here. I remember I was so excited during the lead up to the games releasing, and having a new series start around the same time blew my mind when I was a kid.
2. Watching older stuff on DVD. I watched the first movie and the Pokémon All-Stars DVDs for Pikachu and Eevee so many times that I accidentally memorized every word of them, even to this day. I also watched the Game Boy Advance Video cartridges on my DS almost constantly... which was definitely a very 2000s experience. >_>;

Back
Top Bottom