• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

When did you stop watching the anime?

Watched the first 3 seasons, then stopped watching. I started to watch again, when Battle Frontier premiered, then stopped watching, again. Now, I'm trying to be more faithful; I haven't missed an episode, of Black & White, so far.

You have no idea how much my mind is suffering because of her.

Yeah, I kinda now what you're talking about... But in my case, it was Dawn.

I stopped watching the series in the middle of DP (no surprise...), and I actually never thought I would stop watching the series, but DP bored me to death...
AG was awesome, and BF too, and I thought DP had a pretty good start, but I noticed very fast that the trio got incredibly bland after just a couple of episodes, and I also started to grow a dislike towards Dawnm very quickly.
So yeah, I believe stopped watching it after Maylene's gym. I got back to the series though, when the Sinnoh League got close. And then I felt like I had to rewatch the whole saga just so that I'd have a clear view over it, but I wasn't really paying much attention to more than half of the episodes....

BW really revived my love for the series, though! I absolutely love that saga and can't stop watching it. :3

I stopped sometime in mid-Jouto, but picked it up again in late DP. I haven't really bothered to watch much of AG, I am okay with that. Glad I picked it up again when I did, because I love Best Wishes so far.

the only reason i stopped watching pokemon is when they quit doing it over the television and when i got high speed i started to watch the episodes i missed on pokemon.com through pokemon tv and other legal channels

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched all of kanto and the Orange Islands(A Diamond in the Rough). I stopped watching the middle of Johto League Champions. Watched some of Master Quest. Whenever the Whirl Cup was I stopped for most of it and only caught the final episode. I then started watching again right before the Silver Conference and finally got to see one of my favorite battles (Ash and Gary's full battle). I watched maybe the first 15 episodes of AG and stopped, because Gen 3 was when I stopped playing the games. I only just started playing the games again a few months ago before Black and White came out in America. I started watching AG again during the Lily of the Valley Conference, though I saw all of the Kyogre and Groudon arc with Lance. To this day I have yet to see any of the Battle Frontier. DP I just jumped around because at that point I didn't watch much tv in general. I made sure to catch every episode with Paul though and I did see the League arc. BW i've been jumping around again, because i'm back up at school and I don't have a tv this semester so I watch them online now.

I've found a few websites so hopefully sometime this year i'll go back and watch all of AG, Battle Frontier and DP.

Johto really is the point where a lot of people stopped watching. For me I got bored and for some people the fad just ended.

Early Johto. I started year 7 around then and I had to get ready for school early in the mornings, right when the episodes were airing. -_- Next time I came back to it? Some years later, when a certain change happened and I stopped again. Nowadays, I watch what I can get (still airing early in the mornings). But I mostly read summaries and look at screencaps of recent episodes.

My case is kinda weird since I initially hated the show on principle for being popular without watching it at all (the logic of a 10 year-old, ladies and gentleman!). So I never got accustomed to watching it on WB and definitely never got into the habit of waking up in the morning on Saturdays to watch it. My teen years were my most vehemently anti-morning stigma that stuck for a while. But when Cartoon Network aired the reruns around 2001 or so (at a REASONABLE HOUR oh god why can't they air it primetime anymore), I finally dropped the obstinate hatred and watched the show and enjoyed it. And like the fandom majority, I initially dropped out of it once they hit Johto. I had other fandoms taking up my attention at that time, but truly Johto bored me and I was certain back then the show would never recover.

However, I DID start following WB's premieres of the Advanced series when it debuted solely because I was hearing the outcries of rage of Misty's replacement from all corners of the internet and I just had to see it for myself. I remember actually liking the series opener, though, but my nocturnal lifestyle prevented me from keeping up with AG for years. So it wasn't until Cartoon Network picked Pokemon up again to air on afternoons that allowed me to enjoy AG without forcing myself to wake up, and the VA switch did nothing to deter me from pressing onward. Granted, I wasn't totally CONSISTENT in keeping up with the show until somewhere in the early DP era, but I was keeping an eye on things from time to time. Once I officially immersed myself in the fandom by starting a fanfic that greatly depended on what was going on in DP, I was back into the swing of it full-time.

Though that's dwindling down again by now because BW really is not doing it for me. But now that I'm working and waking up in the mornings naturally, I end up catching the BW premiers on CN regardless of how I'm feeling about the upcoming episode, but it's gotten to the point where I'll turn around and do something else while it plays on the TV behind me. I guess BW hasn't gotten bad enough for me to quit again... yet. Right now it's sort of on the level of "it's a trainwreck and I can't stop staring at it". We'll see if I can muster the willpower to not falter and quit again.

I stopped watching a majority of the DP saga episodes. Way too many fillers that weren't all that intertaining, characters were bland, f**king Piplup, dear God Piplup, and over all it just felt like it dragged on and on. I started rewatching sense the Sinnoh League, and I have to say B&W is a MAJOR improvement over DP.

Wait, I had watched...

Pretty much all of the Originals fillers. I watched all episodes of Orange Islands, including the League. For some reason, I hadn't seen much gym battles... Then I quit watching the anime mid-way Johto. I hadn't even seen much of the Johto gym battles, either.

Gosh, come to think of it, the only AG episode I HAD watched was the Steven Stone episode. I had seen NONE of the other AG episodes... I had NEVER seen the Battle Frontier, too.
(Well, I did see the movies...)

As for DP, I had been obsessed with the Gen IV games then, and skipped all fillers, and only watched the gym battles and other important stuff. That makes maybe... about half.

Plus, most of Gary episodes, but I'm surprised that there are still quite a few I hadn't seen yet.

I stopped around Johto, and returned for AG. Starting around DP, I only really watched episodes that brought in game characters (i.e. Barry's debut, the HG/SS mini-arc with Lyra, some of the gym battles, Bianca's debut). I don't think the show's gone downhill in quality (it's improved, if anything), I'm just not really into it anymore. I prefer to make up my own adventures with the game characters as I play the games, and it's hard for me to get invested in the anime anymore.

I stopped at Johto - nothing particularly against Johto, it was just that, at the time, the idea of introducing 100 new pokemon seemed rather horrifying to me. ;-)

I'm used to the idea now, and actually quite like Johto.

Around about what's the current half of Best Wishes. I had hoped for so long for the writters to make notice of certain things and learn from their mistakes, but it didn't happen. Best Wishes simply made everything I disliked about the show even worse.

Why tune in if nothing that happens in that show will matter in it's long run? Why tune in when the writters don't care about the source material?

Yeah..

I stopped in Hoenn, right around when Ash defeated Winona. Then one day, in 2007, I came across the raw version of the Hearthome Tag battles <3 It was clearly my destiny to see them :p And I've been watching again ever since

Last edited:
around the orange islands i think...then i watched it sporadically during hoenn and dp...and i saw the black and white premiere and a few episodes since then...i don't really make an effort to watch it but if it's on and i have nothing to do i do

Last edited:
I don't really like the title of this thread as it seems to assume that everyone has stopped watching, which is simply not true.

Anyway, I initially stopped watching during Johto/Hoenn era but that was only because the show switched over to a different channel, one which I don't have. I have recently managed to catch up though through the intenet and have nevr stopped watching.

I watched it almost religiously from day one until late season 3/early season 4 because I thought Johto was VERY boring. I then got back into it in late season 6/early season 7, but stopped when they changed the voice cast. After a few years, I gave Sinnoh a try and I was impressed. Now I only watch the show on DVD.

The last episode I watched in full was the first part of the Black/White series. I've seen bits and bobs of other episodes, but I just can't get into it as much as I did with the Diamond/Pearl series.

I stopped the first time they stopped airing it later in the afternoon. When I got my laptop I started to watch some episodes that I have missed. Which was basically all of them.

Never, really.
I never watched Pokemon as a child, and I only began watching it in 2009, so nope.
Not yet- the Anime never ceases to entertain me. As in, there may be dull fillers that were a pain to watch, but then, there's a episode I absolutelty adore next! I guess that's why I like the anime so much.

I don't think I've ever truly stopped watching the series completely. There were times in Johto, and Hoenn where I would go extended periods of time without watching the episodes, but I made an effort to catch up eventually.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom