• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

When did you stop watching the anime?

Actually, there was never a point where I stopped watching the show.

However, when the VA switch happened at season 9, Battle Frontier, I wanted to stop watching. For me, that was the worst thing that ever happened to the show. And I wanted to stop watching, but I just couldn't do it. I couldn't break the habit of watching the new episodes, lol.

Sometime in late 2006. I didn't want to stop watching it, though...
I became so obsessed with Pokémon that kids in my class were making fun of me, and my mom was sick of Pokémon being the only thing I ever talked about, so she put a stop to it by forcing me to stop watching the anime, playing the games, etc. on every day except Friday if the week went well. Eventually, I began to play other video games and lost interest in Pokémon. When I revived my Pokémon interest several months ago, I began watching the anime again. I'm currently trying to watch each episode in chronological order online. :p

I've been watching it since 2004 (first on CNP). I had no idea about the Jap episodes or new seasons at that time, other than those CN ones.
Later on in 2008 I think; from DP100, I grabbed TV Tokyo and so on...
No, I am not tired of it even though I tried to stop watching it like a billion times but sooner or later, I came back crawling to see what's going on. 8P

My watching ended temporarily around Johto, but I can't remember why. Maybe I just forgot about it or TV wasn't showing it anymore.
Anyway I found Pokémon and animé again in 2009 and started watching the entire series from the beginning. I stopped when I reached Unova and started to watch the Kanto episodes again. I'll watch Unova too when I come to it next time (Master Quest is running right now). The reason I didn't start following Best Wishes was because I got annoyed watching it online.

I stopped watching Pokémon during the Hoenn saga. I was 11 or 12 at that time, and I thought that Pokémon was a childish game and that I had to move on and grow up.

I began watching Pokémon again yesterday evening. I started at episode 1, and I love it so far! :3

Got bored in middle Johto. Seriously, that had the most boring fillers and I'm like the only person in the entire Pokemon anime community that watches the show for the fillers. Italy started airing AG so I watched that and then CN started airing Battle Frontier and I fell in love with it again because I felt that May became more likeable and had some very cool episodes like the time travelling one. DP was cool first but became a huge drag. Best Wishes hasn't stopped entertaining me once. I have made a whole year following it and I think it beats the original series (It's my opinion so don't get worked up) because of Team Rocket. I just found them more engaging and more enjoyable because they weren't trying to say something funny in every sentence they say.

Start of Hoenn, I got lost and didn't know what was happening.
Where was Brock and Misty, very lost,

The first time I (half-heartedly) stopped watching the show was during late-season four (Johto League Champions). I missed the episode where Golbat evolved, and then sort of watched the next two episodes like a zombie, then skipped the following two. Once season five started, I got back into the show, and watched it until a little bit into season seven (Advanced Challenge). At the time, Pokémon used to air in Chicago on Sundays for some odd reason, but when season seven began it started airing on Saturday like it did everywhere else in America. It was hard for me to get used to the change, and eventually I missed one too many episodes and stopped caring (that was also my sophomore year of high school, which was academically challenging for me so I had to concentrate on my studies more). I started watching again just as season eight (Advanced Battle) came out, and saw nearly every episode. Then I took my longest hiatus after the VA switch, which was something I cared deeply about at the time. This coincided with my senior year of high school, where again, I had to concentrate on academics and work on getting into college. Although around this time I began watching the Japanese episodes, and was actually quite impressed that I knew what was going on despite the fact I can't speak Japanese.

Finally, during the summer of 2010, I was in Target and saw the first Battle Dimension DVD box set. I had just enough money with me, so I took a chance and bought it. It interested me enough to the point where I got back into the series, but once again, my senior year of college got in the way and I was forced to put it by the wayside. Oddly enough, now that I'm graduated and have a full-time job, I find myself more interested in the show than ever before. I just recently bought the second Kanto box set on DVD (which I'd long been missing), as well as the first three Advanced DVDs. I'm now working on catching up by buying the Battle Frontier and all the DP seasons.

Early Hoenn, maybe before the first badge, was the last time I really watched. I just got really bored of the series at that point. I randomly watched DP episodes if I saw them on Cartoon Network, but that was only if I was bored. Since Hoenn I've just had no interest to follow the series.

I stopped watching around earliy Sinnoh, probably because of all the filler, that, and Dawn and her Piplup got on my nerves.

Started watching it every night on CN, everyone in my class was obsessed with the cards. I was five, so I turned on the TV surely enough I saw Duplica and her Ditto transforming and Ash using Charmander to fry the hell out of Primeape after Bulbasaur was taken down. And then saw him capture it, soon I lost contact a bit. I never watched it on Kids WB.

Then I started back in Johto when CN reran it on Miguzi, they only reran a choice set of eps so I never saw Morty's battle, Jasmine's, Prcyce's, and the Dragon Leaders. Soon, I went on and stopped.

Started back again, when I moved to Chicago we had no cable and then I found out about "The After Toon Show" a thing that came on after school, since I had no cable and only broadcast, I watched and saw Pokemon seeing this new girl named "May" and Misty was gone and this boy named "Max" and her Torchic frying the hell out of some Steel Pokemon. Then I saw her with a Bulbasaur using "Petal Dance" I immediately thought that Bulbasaur was Ash's and I was surprised "SHE'S GOT ASH'S BULBASAUR" I then realized she caught one of her own, and I wondered "Why did they give her a Bulbasaur too?" I saw all his new Pokes like "Treecko", "Corphish", and "Torkoal". Thankfully Pikachu was still there.

Next I saw her Bulbasaur knock the shit outta Harley's Cacturne, I admittely wanted a Bulbasaur with Petal Dance in the games. It was a Pain in the ass cause I knew nothing about breeding and all that other stuff, same thing with Brock's Lombre and Water Gun and Razor Leaf. It was a pain in the ass doing it.

I continued watching Double Eps every Sat. Morning, and soon it changed to Cartoon Network, I noticed a change in there voices but, I didn't care. Soon I went on line searched Pokemon, and the Bulbapedia page for "Ash's Aipom" came up and I was surprised. I never thought Ash would get a Aipom, let alone a female one and I soon I caught a Aipom in game and trained it into a formidable battling.

At DP I found out about the Japanese episodes with Ash's Turtwig being caught and during the 100's or so I dropped the JNP dub because I wanted to watch in ENG so I could understand....after DP ended I came back to the JNP Dub, and the rest is history :p

I stopped watching during mid-DP. After Dawn stopped being an emo-kid I believe.

I watched whenever I could when I was younger and the original series aired. I watched through the majority of AG, though I always seemed to miss gym battles -__- I remember one episode I for some reason thought the narrator implied Ash and May were done with their leagues (it was "Having a Wailord of a Time") and I thought "thats stupid, KidsWB isn't gonna show the league battles. Then I didn't watch for a couple years. I remember I got back into it in early DP. I saw the special preview thing of DP001, and I actually liked it. Then it got, well...

Stopped hardcore watching it in Johto, but I picked it up a little in Hoenn and BF, more or less watching episodes here or there. I watched a good chunk of the important stuff in DP, and I couldn't get past about 15 episodes of BW before I got tired of it.

Stopped watching in the middle of Battle Frontier because the voices were just hideous. I tried to get back into in D/P but the voices still bothered me. Then along came the Sinnoh League and it would be a sin to miss that so I started watching again. Then B/W started and it was great up until the TR/TP episodes got skipped. Now I've basically stopped watching again because Giovanni was a pretty strong reason as to why I was watching even if he had like 20 seconds of footage or less. I'll probably start actively watching again once the Unova league begins.

I knew about Pokemon since it first began, but I was on and off with the anime until Black & White. Ever since Black & White started, I've watched every one, and even plan to buy them when they come out on DVD.

Last edited:
I stopped watching in Johto, it was by far the worst saga in my opinion.

When the Anime Got Unwatchable

Basically, when did the anime get so bad that you could just not watch anymore? For me, it was when Dawn came about. She was just so annoying that I couldn't bother watching anymore.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom