• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

When did you stop watching the anime?

End of the Ruby/Sapphire arc. I considered starting again when the Best Wishes anime started up... but kinda forgot.

Around the third season of DP. That's when school and work kept me busy so I didn't have a lot time to watch the shows. Sometimes I might catch some episodes here and there when I have some free time.

I watched all of the original series and all of johto, but I think I stopped somewhere around mid to late AG. I was only interested in the contest arc anyways.

Then I pretty much ragequitted Battle Frontier because of the VA change. It wasn't all too interesting anyways, though I did continue to stalk the contest episodes.

Saw the first few episodes of DP. Quit until tag battle. Watched the rest. Rest is history

I'm almost certain that I'm only still involved because of my love of a few characters, deep rooted nostalgia, and the fandom (surprisingly :p).

I stopped watching somewhere in the Johto era, just because I got older and got into other things. But I got back into it a little over a year ago, and have been watching older episodes mainly watching Hoenn and now going through some of DP while watching BW. Once, I finish DP, I'll continue BW but also probably will watch the original series. But I'm back to watching pokemon.

I stopped watching it when I got to high school which was around master quest.I still have not watched the show much I do like the games and keeping up on info from the show but I don't watch it any more.

I haven't. Boom.

I can't say i'm bored of it, though it does irritate me in some ways. But i just can't stop watching it! The day I do is the day i miss somthing awesome or so amazing or you should have seen it, Never again I will watch every one and the re-runs of my faves.

I stopped watching consistently when they changed channels because I watched with other shows in the kids WB line up when that stopped showing Pokemon (AND ALREADY STARTED SUCKING) I didn't take the effort to get up early. Piplup got irritating and it was the beginning of a saga and I was tired of it so stopped watching completely. Then I saw the Paul vs Ash full battle realized how awesome Paul is and got into it just for Paul and Barry and caught up. I really missed the show when stopped watching but Best wishes is REALLY REALLY PISSING me off. I'm tired of the idiot chaste hero thing. I don't like any characters introduced in best wishes. I JUST WANT IT TO END. But I'm worried I'll miss it if I stop.

Last edited:
I retired from watching the anime after the last episode of DP, I will return when Iris is no longer part of the group.

I retired from watching the anime after the last episode of DP, I will return when Iris is no longer part of the group.

Even if you don't like Iris, there's plenty of else to enjoy in Best Wishes. Just sayin'

To keep this on topic, I did miss about 10 episodes in a row at one point, but I don't consider that the same as stop watching. There was one point, where for some reason KidsWB moved Pokemon to 8am in the morning.

They expected me to wake up 8am in the morning on a Saturday? Hell no. Granted I did see those episodes rather quickly when they aired reruns during the week.

I loved it as a kid when they traveled Kanto, then Johto was good but got a tad boring. I started to watch AG in Hoenn. I ended up stopping sometime during that time frame. I'm not sure when. I just fell out of interest with it, and I even stopped playing the games for a while. I never saw any of the AG Battle Frontier stuff. I didnt pick back up until after Ash got to Sinnoh in DP, and I didnt get into the games again until about 2 years after they were out because I didnt have a DS. I've been watching again since the beginning of DP, only missing a few episodes from oversleeping.

To be honest, I think the only two reasons I fell out of interest for that little while was because it was after my parents split up and it was difficult and that was around the time I discovered Harry Potter.

I've never really stopped watching the show, although I do have a lot of history to tell. I recently discovered there was a reason I had not seen the anime until 1999. Because it didn't air in the US until then. It was in Canada first. I saw some of the eps and the rest is history. There is a small group of fillers between Ecruteak and Olivine that I have not seen to this day, and I don't plan on seeing them, either. Also, I deliberately didn't watch some of the eps between Mossdeep and Sootopolis because I had finally grown tired of the bland fillers. I did see these eps as reruns later. I've also never really seen Ash's battle with Agatha, although I don't know why I missed it. I skipped over a lot of eps in the early BF because, once again, I was tired of fillers. This went on until the 4Kids run ended, and since then, I've pretty much seen every episode. I'm not sure if I ever saw Greta or not. I certainly don't remember seeing it, and I forget why I missed it. Why did my attitude change? Probably a number of reasons, but I think the most apparent one is that I wanted to give the new cast a chance, and it is one I have not regretted since I got to see the awesomeness that is BF and all of DP. BW's fillers have so far not really turned me away, but I have long since learned not to let the more bland eps turn me away.

I stopped watching pokemon anime just before Ash battled Jasmine for the badge in Johto.... You could say that Johto bored me out. I hadn't seen most of the episodes of pokemon. I kinda skipped the rest of Johto entirely. I also skipped 90% of AG, and maybe half of DP.

I only watched episodes that I WANTED to see (on DVD and online) - In the case of Johto and AG, I picked all the episodes Gary appeared in and the one episode where Steven Stone appeared (god, that upset me so much that I watched it in three different languages to cool down a bit...). The DP episodes that I did watch were the gym battles, Ash vs Paul battles, the stat trainers' episodes, and the Galactic finales. I guess that's pretty much it.

For BW, I don't watch much of it - I just happen to see some parts while surfing the channels when I'm really, really bored.

I only started watching the anime last year, so no I'm not bored of it, but I HATE BW so far

I essentially grew up with pokemon, but I ended up stopping back in the days of max and may. having said that, I may start watching again, (meowth with twerps=win)

Technically at the end of DP. After that, bar the first 2 episodes of BW, I was waiting for the dub to come out so I could watch it properly. But around BW025 in Japan, I just kinda realized the show is never going to change. We're just going to see Ash go through the same motions again after seeing him do the same thing in DP (which I saw the entire latter three-quarters of) and it's just very put-offish.

Adding my disappointment with Ash's team choice this gen, and some other factors, I basically just lost interest to follow the anime regularly anymore.

Though I saw the Don Battle arc recently, and it was pretty good. ^^

I tried quitting only once, at the start of the Summer School arc back in DP. I was just plain tired of the endless fillers.
But I gave up on giving up and returned to it.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom