• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

When did you stop watching the anime?

Stop watching it as soon as Pokemon Company dubs it. That is why i never saw any sinnoh cause i have no way to watch it in Jp with English subs.
I can Best Wishes because i know where they have english subs with Jp Dub.

Stop watching it as soon as Pokemon Company dubs it. That is why i never saw any sinnoh cause i have no way to watch it in Jp with English subs.

you should rewatch it

tcpi's dub >>> 4 kids dub
sarah natochenny > veronica taylor
and so on.

tcpi's dub was improved dramatically and it's better then anything 4 kids did

Well i stopped watching after the johto saga ended. i complete skipped over hoenn and started at the sinnoh saga. I havent really lost interest. I still watch. I just havent the time, but i've watched 100% of Kanto, Orange Islands,Johto and sinnoh arcs from days when i was much younger

I admired the first seasons in Kanto, then Johto and made it quite boring for me. I watched the whole run on Hoenn, and stopped in DP, since it was just the same routine. I tried watching BW, yet I also got bored after a few episodes. I sometimes watch the Hoenn and Kanto runs, but that's all I watched.

you should rewatch it

tcpi's dub >>> 4 kids dub
sarah natochenny > veronica taylor
and so on.

tcpi's dub was improved dramatically and it's better then anything 4 kids did
I also stopped watching after The Pokemon Company took over the dubs. I've seen the first few episode of Diamond and Pearl and stopped completely.

Recently I decided to start watching it again with Rival Destines and have to admit they do a much better dub than 4Kids.

Last edited:
I stopped watching at the end of DP. Even though I think BW is inferior to DP, I want to watch BW but I no longer have time (college) and it doesn't air here anyway.

At the end of AG, got back into it around the time of the Wallace Cup and have stopped again with BW.

I can't say I compeletly stoped,but I have lost interest and started skipping some episodes in BW,the show lost its humer and I now feel that the creators themselves don't pay much attention,they don't care abput making a great anime they just care more about getting more money if if this meen that they will have to ruin the anime.

despite the fact that lots of ppl love DP I don't enjoy it at all,from this gen they started to make the characters act serous and look childish,which WILL NEVER FIT with pokemon !!! introducing some characters that are always angry,hunter J, Cirrus and of course the angry kid Paul,and now we have TR acting serous to

BW started good and continued bad,trying to make Iris wild and crazy and at the same time they cant go to far with this because of their fear from the censorship.(lots of Mistys scenes where removed before)

trying to make the vilians evil and also they they cant go to far because western's may not like the violence.

they can't make it funny because most of the japanese jokes are considered violence in US.

I, myself, have been watching the anime for years now, since I was atleast four or five. I've been quite bust lately, though, and haven't caught the last few BW epsisodes.

I stopped watching it continuously, but I sometimes watch it. There are episodes that look interesting anyways. Like gym battles and game-related episodes. (gotta love the subway masters episodes XDD)

I stopped watching it when Misty left, which was when the Johto saga was over.

You and me both, and I can quite honestly say that if I tried to watch the show as it exists now it would be torture for me. I did watch Misty's returns in Hoenn and all the episodes focusing on her in Pokemon Chronicles though. I am more or less finished keeping up with the Pokemon TV show and don't plan to start again anytime soon. However I still watch the Kanto, Orange Islands, and Johto episodes along with their associated movies to this day as I own every single one you possibly can in English on DVD.

I stopped watching it in August.
I really only watched it because I waiting for Misty or Brock to make a cameo and because of Wishfulshipping but I'm not as interested in pokemon's shippings as I used to.

I stopped watching at the end of DP. Even though I think BW is inferior to DP, I want to watch BW but I no longer have time (college) and it doesn't air here anyway.

what?? diamond and pearl sucked!! lol

You might think so but I disagree. How dare I have an opinion that's different to yours right? But that debate would never end so just drop it.

Probably when Diamond and Pearl: Sinnoh League Victors ended. I think the Best Wishes Series lost it's magic touch, since the Rocket Trio has lost it's comedy prowess.
~Xenon™

I haven't stopped watching the Anime, nor gotten bored with it. It can be frustrating at times with scenes, events, gym battles, and League battles not going the way I hope consistently. However, I've really appreciated how well animation and battles are done regardless of whether it has gone the way I want or not. I like seeing changes to Pokemon as long as the changes are making the show better. Every change that has been made (new Pokemon, starting over, new characters) I haven't been disappointed with. As long as Pokemon continues down this path I will not become bored with it.

I stopped watching it when Heonn saga became boring to me and I couldn't stand May. I tried D&P and got bored again. I didn't like Dawn as well, since she felt like a May clone. I then watched it again when BW was on episode 7, and liked Iris and Cilans' personalities and got into it again.

I'm on and off. If I feel like, I'll watch it. For the most part, I don't. I will when N appears in the anime or in a movie. Awww yeah.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom