• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

When do Colosseum and XD take place?

XD375

Shane
Reaction score
Something that has been on my mind for a long time is the place Colosseum and XD hold within the Pokémon chronology.

Obviously, we have no facts stating when they may take place, so this thread will contain theories.

Initially, I assumed Colosseum took place at the same time as Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen, and Emerald, but ever since XD came along five years later (in Pokémon time), I've wondered.

Trainers in the GBA games can battle and trade with Colosseum and XD, but battles between trainers aren't necessarily the most canon part of a Pokémon game.

A theory I've come up with is that the games actually DO take place in another dimension (with XD meaning eXtra Dimension, a reference to the three-dimensional graphics of the game), and time flows in a different fashion in the other dimension, meaning trainers may trade and battle with both Wes and Michael without time travel.

Or, since Colosseum has more compatibility with the third generation, with all five third generation games being compatible with the colosseums and Mt. Battle (even being able to use your in-game trainer at Mt. Battle in an RPG-style fashion), this could mean that Colosseum takes place at the same time as the five third generation games, while XD takes place in a dark future, five years later.

(Or perhaps I'm looking into this too much, seeing as it's a video game targeted at kids. :p)

Something I forgot last time: If XD is five years after the five third generation games, time travel would be possible considering time travel was estabished two years before XD supposedly takes place.

Or you can realize that basing timelines on trading functionality makes no sense at all within the world of the games, especially since in a real world like that you wouldn't only be trading with one or two people.

I believe that Colosseum takes place during the events of the Gen III games. Well, I know XD takes place 5 years after Colosseum.

Oops, sorry Glitchipedia. I was unaware that thread existed. :[

Is it possible to just merge all of this thread's posts into it?

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom