• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO When do you think Gen 3 Pokemon will come?

Reaction score
Excuse me if there's already a thread, I couldn't find one. But recently they announced all Gen 3 pokemon names have been found in the data files of Pokemon Go (though no sounds/calls yet), as Gen 2 came 8 months after Gen 1, we should be due the next lot in October, or is there too much going on with Pokemon (GS / USUM) already around then for anything else from GO?

I don't think it will always be 8 month intervals between generations. I believe this may wait a bit more, maybe until early next year. We just got Equinox event and have Halloween and Christmas to cover again (and Delibird may have to appear this time), Azurill/Wynaut may debut earlier just like the Gen II babies, etc.

Good call, I hadn't thought about Delibird, that'll almost certainly be a Christmas special.
If they can pull off Present's mechanics by then... unless they just release it with other moves, which is the easy option.
In any case, I'm afraid it's too soon for Gen III. The Gen II data was added in quite a while before Gen II eggs started appearing.

I'm thinking 1 year interval. My sole reason is I'm hoping they have thought about what happens when they catch up.

A friend of mine had a theory that we might be getting them in November; it's pretty close to the 8 month interval between Gen I and II, and it fills what seems to be a gap in other events; for September we got Equinox; for October we should get Halloween (it would be bad marketing to not have an event for something you've had an event for before) ; for December we should get Christmas (same). But there's that one month that's got nothing in it in the middle. Besides, Gen II is smaller than Gen I and by this point a pretty big amount (compared to the respective case back in Gen I) of high-level players is very close to completing the Johto Pokedex; Kanto-Johto alone is starting to cause fatigue. Compared to past year, this one we really get a little bit of new things to work for every month... and new reasons to use PokeCoins. So getting them out at that point wouldn't surprise me that much. October is too soon, though; they need to let Equinox/Beast migration/EX Raids reaching everyone settle a bit.

At this point I hope they keep Delibird for Christmas :)
End of October feels a bit soon as in it's Halloween too, but you never know; the sooner the better honestly.

Today Serebii is reporting that the first (not necessarily all) Gen 3's are coming at Halloween:

The next event for Pokémon GO has been announced. This update provides various bugfixes however data mining of the patch has revealed that the first Generation 3 Pokémon are to hit the game around the Halloween update. The new load screen has been found within it and it showcases Sableye, Duskull, Dusclops, Shuppet and Banette while the trainer has a Mimikyu based hat. We'll provide full details on the inclusion of Generation 3 Pokémon as and when they come

It's so beautiful!
OcTwf3tl.jpg

I think we are only going to get the 5 Ghost-types (Duskull, Dusclops, Shuppet, Banette and Sableye) just before Halloween, with the rest coming a bit later; hopefully November, but maybe December too.

Possibly really soon, considering that the new medal for capturing Hoenn Pokemon is now there.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom