• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

When Do You Use Your Masterball???

When im catching legendaries. Or when I run into a rare pokemon like Skarmory.

usely after spending five hours swearing my head off at a game because that damn legendary wont stay in side my damn balls.

or if im going for a good natur in a legendary.

I use to use it on the version mascot but then realized I didn't need to and haven't used them since. Maybe I'll use it if I come across a hard to catch shiny or something else rare.

For each game, I usually use it on the regional legendary. But, since then, I've been playing through the Gen III games up to where I get the Master Ball then just harvest them to Diamond along with my starters for breeding. Which I really need to stop doing, since my name and stuff on that file aren't how I want them, and I don't have another DS or a friend with another DS so I can transfer everything to Platinum.

I dont use mine, last time i used a masterball was back in sapphire on rayquaza. these days i dont use it at all :) i prefer the suspense of not knowing if your going to catch the pokemon or not.

I only use one if it's a shiny or other very rare Pokemon. Occasionally, I'll use it on a wandering legendary if it's giving me a lot of grief.

Starting from Gold and Silver, I've always used it for catching the pokemon on the box cover. :)

When I get so pissed with wandering Pokemon. For some reason Mesprit HATED me. It, uh, was the victim of my Master Ball. ^_^" But I get some from my friend.

I've got most legendaries on my Diamond game now; I don't even bother catching them anymore. I've like 20 legit Master Balls sitting in my inventory not doing anything.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!
You CAN USE the masterball?! O__o
I allways thought it was a somekinda trophy or something...

But taking this serieously...The last time I used a masterball waaaas...
Honestly, it's hard to remember, since I it was in blue or yellow.
In silver I wanted to save it and I did that in other versions afterwards.
But I guess I threw it on Mew2 face.

I always saved mine for a roaming Pokemon. I broke that tradition in my SS version, however. When I found that shiny Ho-oh, I knew I couldn't afford to screw around with Ultra Balls.

In SS I was hunting in a swarm of wild Chansey for Lucky Eggs when Latios suddenly appeared. It caught me completely off guard, and I couldent even attack it because I had my Compoundeyes Venonat out. So I just chucked my Masterball at it....

I never use my masterball. I used to when I was little but I figure everything can eventually be caught in the different balls so I might as well save the masterball.

NEVER! Mine!! All mine!! *holds onto her hoard of 8 Master Balls protectively*

Saving them for the day I actually feel like soft resetting for Shiny Legendaries.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom