• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

When Do You Use Your Masterball???

Lucky sonofa...*grumble*
I'm sorry. xD;
I nearly shat bricks when I saw it sparkle. .__.

Though, now that I used up my Masterball, I'm probably never going to catch Raikou because of its freaking ROAR. I hated Raikou forever when I discovered that it knew that move...

Having Access to a copy of Emerald with Infinite Master Balls (and every other ball too), meaning It's thrown out at random. (Knowing that I'll get it, I do it when I want that Pokémon for something.)

Outside that Emerald, I usually use them on Roaming Legendaries. Some times, I'll just chuck it at a still legendary.

I usually keep quite a few Pokéballs around. One of the first things I buy in game is to buy 10 Pokéballs, and get the Freebie. I usually still have that freebie by the time I fight the E4.

Pal Parking for balls does sound wrong.. as the stuff is.

Usually, the mascot legendary, but in HG I've Pal Park'd six more from my friend's Sapphire (who used an Action Replay or something to get infinite) and I used them on Kyogre, Raikou, Entei, Zapdos, Latias and Latios (from the Enigma Stone event). Which means I just spent the last half-hour swearing and resetting, throwing various balls at Suicune. Caught it with my last ball- a Fast Ball (the last of 15!). That'll teach me.

I actually used my Master Ball in Soul Silver tonight to catch Raikou.

I don't have such a good memory of 2nd Gen, but I probably used my Master Ball on a Growlithe, or something noob-ish like that. :lol:

I use my Master Ball for the version mascot but with some other games (Diamond in particular) I use them on roaming legendaries.

I use it on a pinch. Like, when all of my Poké Balls are gone or when all but one of my Pokémon are fainted, with the last one almost down, and the enemy has to be a valuable catch, like a legendary. Or I'd simply use it on a roaming Pokémon.

In Diamond and SS I used it on the version mascot, but in Ruby I waited to use it on Rayquaza.

But lately I've been using it on roaming legendaries.

Sometimes when i'm pissed or really determined to catch a legendary, then i'll use it, usually, though, i use it on roaming legendaries.

I nromally use it on high level legendaries, or roaming, like in DP Giratina, PlI used it on Cresselia, and in SS I used it on Ho-oh

I only use it for legendaries when I run out of regular balls. For instance, Lugia in HG.

I usually save them for the final/hardest legendary in the game.

Red: Mewtwo
Gold: One of the roaming beasts I think.
Ruby: Rayquaza
Diamond: Had some leftover from previous games, so I used them on Regigigas, Cresselia and Giratina.

Masterball

Do you use your masterball? If so on who?

I always never used it because I thought it would be cooler to say you caught such and such guy without it. Also I think it's cool to just say that you still have it.

Re: Masterball

I used it on Lugia in SS. Even though I could have caught it without a Master Ball, it was kind of fitting, since Lugia is the version mascot.

I used it on Lugia in SS. Even though I could have caught it without a Master Ball, it was kind of fitting, since Lugia is the version mascot.

I did this too. I also used my Master Ball on Ho-oh on HG.
I always use it on the main Legendaries. :p

New to pkmn games, i used it on platinum on giratina after weakning it and thought it was just a strong version of ultra ball. Also, Used it on Raikou on SS.

i saved mine for Kyurem because Zekrom is as easy to catch as a Throh.

Back in Diamond, before I had enough intellectual solidarity to learn about Catch rates, I'd nab the Version mascot because it seemed so...right. I mean, you always obtained the Master Ball shortly before that epic fight (as early as Diamond, Black and White just game down to a 2nd Ultra Ball), and it just made sense.

Currently, I have no idea what I'm gonna do with my Master in White...Tornadrus is just too easy to catch normally...

I might have used a Masterball on either Latios or Groudon in Ruby (the first game I played)... I don't remember any other time. Usually I just keep them.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom