• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

When Do You Use Your Masterball???

I don't use my masterball. I don't like how it looks and it takes the fun out of catching pokemon.

I usually save the Master Ball for important occasions, such as roming legends & shinies.

On RBY, though, it's a different story. Might try catching Mewtwo with Ultra Balls first, though.

I stockpile them from various games and use them for capturing "emergency Pokemon" (Random shinies, roaming legends, etc)

I normally use the Masterball on roaming Legendaries. I rarely have the patience to run around trying to catch them. I'm not the type to hunt Shinies, and after almost 13 years of playing, I've seen (and caught) a grand total of one non-story based Shiny.

I also utilized the Masterball glitch in Colosseum. So I have several random Pokèmon in my 'dex housed in Masterballs.

Roaming legendaries... always. In Generation IV, I somehow racked up five Master Balls, and I used them on Raikou, Entei, Mesprit, Cresselia and either Latios or Latias (I can't remember which). In Generation V, I'm using them on Tornadus and Thundurus.

For roaming legendaries I have Shadow Tag ability, I only use in these secnes:

• First Scene:
    I don't have any other pokéballs to catch the legendary so a throw the masterball.
  • Second scene:
    On a high-leveled legendary ( e.g. Rayquaza in RS)

I use them on the roaming legendary pokemon. Otherwise I drive myself crazy. Platinum was a bitch that way (5 roamers :X)

Out of all the Pokemon games I've played
In Sapphire I was too much of a noob to realize I had to talk to the professor after beating all the gym leaders to get it
In SoulSilver I used it on Ho-Oh because I had saved at the top of the tower and figured if I left to get more ultra balls Ho-oh would be gone when I came back so I just used the Master Ball
In Black I used it on Tornadus because he's the only roamer in the game (I don't have Wi-fi so I can't set the other kamis loose)

Basically like most people I use on roaming legendaries or a legendary that isn't showing signs of being caught

I'm going to use mine on Kyurem (and possibly Soft-reset until shiny) since it is the "leader" of the Tao Trio. Like I did Rayquaza:kawaii:

I only use it when I need to.
In Platinum was the last time I used it. Besides that, I don't use it, I like the challenge of using a lot of Dusk Balls on the legendaries (my favorite kind of Poké Ball!)

I only use my Master Ball on roaming legendaries, since the whole "run around the region, track them down and try to catch them" thing doesn't really appeal to me that much. :p

I used it to catch Ho-Oh in HeartGold. I also used it to catch Lugia in SoulSilver, although the HP's low! I didn't even plan on using it! I was saving it to use it for Latios/Groudon.
I didn't use the Master Ball in Platinum. I saved it and transferred it to HeartGold to get latias :)banghead: it's so hard to catch).
In Black, I used it to catch Tornadus before getting to the Pokemon League.

I use to use Masterballs back in the days when you could clone them I've stop using them ever since emerald (even though you could still clone then).

On roaming Legendaries or things I really want to catch. In Pearl, I pitched a Masterball at a shiny Elekid because I didn't want to lose him. In SS, I threw a pair of them at Entei and Raikou because I didn't want to run all over Johto looking for them. Memories of Ruby and the horror that was Latios came rushing back...

...I hate roamers. I really do. >.<

On roaming Legendaries or things I really want to catch. In Pearl, I pitched a Masterball at a shiny Elekid because I didn't want to lose him. In SS, I threw a pair of them at Entei and Raikou because I didn't want to run all over Johto looking for them. Memories of Ruby and the horror that was Latios came rushing back...

...I hate roamers. I really do. >.<

True story. On my first Ruby play it was something like 3 or 4 years (granted, not 3 or 4 years of continuous attempts) before I caught Latios, and every time I ran into him I was like "HOLY CRAP LATIOS!". On my second time through, it was one attempt, and when I ran into him I was like, "Oh. A Latios. Would you look at that.".

One of the things I like about Black and White is that the number of roaming legendaries you can catch is equal to the number of Master Balls you get.

I use them on legendary pokémon. In Black version you can get a second master ball in Castelia City Pokémon Centre after doing 50 trades. I have caught Tornadus and the Musketeer trio with ultra balls so I'm going to use my master balls on Landorus and Kyurem. In Red and Leaf Green versions I used it on Mewtwo, in Crystal version I used it on Lugia, in Pearl version I used it on Cresselia and in Soul Silver I used it on Latios. In Sapphire version I didn't get a master ball because I didn't know that you have to obtain it yourself in a location which disappears after beating the elite four and not recieve it from a person.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom