• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

When Do You Use Your Masterball???

in D & PT i acidently threw them at the mascots(woops...). but now i just save them and stare at them when there collecting dust..im surprized that everyone used them on the roamers. you know if you just outside a route,city ect and then step back and check a couple times they eventuly get there

I'm going to use mine on Kyurem (and possibly Soft-reset until shiny) since it is the "leader" of the Tao Trio. Like I did Rayquaza:kawaii:

tried to do that! was unsuccesful after three weeks so I ended up catching him in a dusk ball I think. I never end up using mine I usually keep it.

On Legendaries which my Team is unprepared to deal with. Like Rayquaza in Emerald. Level 70 is just too high. Plus it has rest to instantly heal itself, priority as well as Outrage which confuses it and it then hits and kills itself.

Though I haven't used one in a while, I prefer using the ball on the roaming legendaries.

I used to use them on the version legendary just out of tradition, but I didn't in White this time around. I have no idea what I'll use it on.

A roaming legendary. I'm not patient enough to whittle HP down in multiple battles, so it gives me one less Pokemon to worry about.

It's usually on the main legendaries of the game..

However, it was unused on White until I met Thunderus and impulsively used it on him -____-

I always know that at the one point that I am most tempted to use my masterball, I will find a pokemon to use it on immediately after I've used it.
Example: Pokemon White.
Hey look! Zekrom! Master Ball! Mine!

Hey look! Kyurem! 1 HP! Thunderwave! Ultra Ball! Ultra Ball! Ultra Ball! Ultra Ball! Ultra Ball! Ultra Ball! Ultra Ball! Ultra Ball! Ultra Ball! Ultra Ball! Ultra Ball! Ultra Ball! Ultra Ball! Ultra Ball! Ultra Ball! Ultra Ball! Ultra Ball! Ultra Ball! Ultra Ball! Ultra Ball! Ultra Ball! Ultra Ball! Ultra Ball! Ultra Ball! Ultra Ball! Ultra Ball! Ultra Ball! Ultra Ball! Ultra Ball! Ultra Ball! Ultra Ball! Ultra Ball! Ultra Ball! Ultra Ball! Mine!

On the roaming. I prefer to use Thunder Wave/Stun Spore + 100000000 Ultra Balls. =]

At this point, I basically use the Master Ball on any Pokemon I want to save-reset for IVs, to alleviate what would otherwise be a laborious task.

Used to be, I never used Master Balls, since I was always afraid of encountering something that needed it more. 'cept in Gen I, where that thing always got pointed to the nearest Mewtwo.

In FireRed, though, I used it on Suicune. Oh, if I had only known about the IV Glitch then.

I only used it on the Version Legend in Ruby and Mewtwo in LeafGreen...then I learned why other's saved it and refused to use it after that and I started collecting them :sweatlol:

Especially since Reshiram and Zekrom's catchrates are so high due to needing to be caught to advance the story line, I still haven't used my masterballs for that. I think I'm gonna save them for when I get an impulse Pokemon that might be my only chance to get it, like a Shiny, especially if I'm low on regular Pokeballs.

That or, maybe something purple. I like colour coordinating my Pokeballs sometimes.

On Arceus....

But on a more serious note, I hardly ever use a master ball on anything - I'm unusually lucky with catching legendary Pokémon, so unless the said legendary can recover its health & status afflictions, I feel that there's no need for me to use a master ball. & roamers?? The Quick Ball is the way to go; Master Balls are for amatures!

Nearly always on the roamers but sometimes on a very rare shiny pokemon (like a legend) or on suicidal shinies.

I never use them, except on shiny legendaries that I soft reset for. I don't soft reset for legendaries too often, so I have a good dozen or so of them sitting in my bag in Diamond. For everything else, I always have at least 99 ultra balls and at least 99 timer balls. I also carry around many quick balls and great balls.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom