• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

When Do You Use Your Masterball???

I would only use it for a shiny abra, or another shiny case where it's my only chance of catching it :p I don't see why you would use it for a legendary (unless it's shiny, of course), it's a bit hard to catch them without but it's possible :p

I save it until I come across a pokemon I know I won't be ablle to catch with ultra balls

I save them for shinies that are about to KO themselves or can otherwise end the battle. I already have about five or six of them stored up in my Black version.

With a mustache.

I use a masterball when I run out of Ultra Balls when battling a legendary.

I don't.

It feels cheap knowing I will definitely get the Pokemon with no challenge whatsoever.

I used to just use the Master Ball on the mascot legendary, like Rayquaza and Palkia, but I haven't used the one in White yet. I doubt I ever will.

I usually use my Masterball on roaming legendaries. Either that or I never use it.

Usually on the roaming legendaries. For example, in Leafgreen I used it on Suicune and caught the birds with Ultra balls. In Pearl I used it on mesprit. SoulSilver, haven't used it yet. White, Caught Tornadous without needing to use it. Kyurem's not roaming so I know I can catch it without using my master. Not sure what i'll use it on, as currently i've caught all the in game legendaries. Might save it for some later event pokemon.

Dialga in Pokemon dimaond, I know it's easy to catch but i didn't save before the encounter and I had a half helth infernape left ;_;

I read "masterball" as "masturbate" :I

Legionaries I don't feel like wasting 25 Ultra Balls catching them, and shiny pokemon when I run out of other balls.

I don't normally use it... I normally always saved it for Latias/Latios in my Emerald, so therefore I don't use them anymore xD

I used to use them on the version mascot... but now I just keep them in case of shinies. The somewhat recent exception is Giratina on Platinum. After spending over an hour of trying to catch it, I just gave up and used my Master Ball. I really felt like throwing that pre-order Giratina figure out the window after that. >:C

Version mascots.
I might not do that again though, because they always have a high catch rate, so it'll be a waste of a master ball.

I always save mine for any roaming legendaries. They are a royal pain otherwise.

I get bored and tired of hunting sometimes. If I can't lower its HP and incude sleep/paralysis without making it faint, I'd probably use a Master Ball then.

I used to use them on box legends, but now (especially with Resh/Zek's insanely-high-for-legendaries catch rates) they're only going to be used as last resorts on roaming legendaries.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom