• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

When does Pokemon air on the West Coast?

Queen Cynthia

Angelic Champion
Reaction score
Sorry for creating a new thread for just one question, but it was necessary:

I'm soon going to be in California and thus I'd like to know when Pokemon airs there.
I know that it airs at 7 a.m. ET, but does this mean that it airs 3 hours earlier on the West Coast (PDT), which would be 4 a.m.? I hope not! Nobody on the West Coast would be able to watch it then, I guess.

Thanks in advance.

Well, it airs 11am here in the UK, meaning it'll air in California at 3am.

Edit: I think it airs at 6am on the East coast, but I could be completely wrong, so I'd guess 4am if that is the case (it airing at 7am). But I think the difference is the West coast is 16 hours behind Japan.

If I'm not mistaken PDT is 3 hours less than ET, meaning that Pokemon airs at 4 a.m. But this would be a terrible time for fans :(

Last edited:
Are you sure it airs at 7am though? I always though it was 6 unlike the dub airing.
But, yes, I agree. Seems a shame aswell that many of the fans are over in America.

It airs on the West Coast at 10:00 AM EST, which is 7:00 AM there.
It can't do, the East (did you mean to say East?) Coast is 5 hours behind GMT, and it airs here at 11am

edit: Sorry, I'm not sure if you were referring to the Japanese episodes or the English ones, but either way it's either 3am (Japanese) or 4am (English dub) for you, which is a shame. :(

I always thought the Tv scheduling was halved. Like if a program airs at 7 AM EST/6 AM CST it would air 7 AM MST/6 AM PST, but when I visited California earlier in the month it is literally 3 hours behind in the TV schedule.

I would suggest using Tivo to record the episodes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess the easiest way to find it out is to ask some users here from the West Coast.

My noon is East Coat's 7am, not West Coast. Isn't East Coast 5 hours behind us? GMT-5? It's quarter to 10 there I believe at the moment, and it's quarter to 3 here. If I am wrong, my apologies, but even google clock is telling me it's 5 hours behind at the moment. :)

Cartoon Network has a 2nd channel call Cartoon Network West Coast, and it is 3 hours later then Cartoon Network East Coast. It will be show at 7 am. I know because when I come home from work, I miss the east coast Cartoon Network, so I have to watch it on the West Coast.

Cartoon Network has a 2nd channel call Cartoon Network West Coast, and it is 3 hours later then Cartoon Network East Coast. It will be show at 7 am. I know because when I come home from work, I miss the east coast Cartoon Network, so I have to watch it on the West Coast.

Yes, so our 10:00 AM is their 7:00 AM.

It's an 8-hour difference. I just Googled it, and there it was.
What? I was talking about the East Coast, I know it is 5/8 hours from me depending on which side you live in the USA. But I didn't realise there was a separate channel that fixes the time zone differences.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom