• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TEEN: When I'm Young and Free: A Drabble Collection

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
A sequel of sorts to But How Will It Be, though this time around, we're focusing on three of Galar's best trainers: Sonia, Raihan, and Nessa. Rated TEEN for:

• Exploration of gender dysphoria
  • Themes of perfectionism
  • Mental illness (including anxiety and eating disorders)

Individual chapters will be tagged as needed.

First Memory - Sonia
  • Staff
CW// Themes of mild gender dysphoria/questioning

Sonia’s first memory is her Gran telling a story right before bedtime.

“Once upon a time, there was a brave knight and a brave princess. The knight was handsome and kind, and the princess was beautiful and gentle—“

“What did they wear?”

“Well, the knight wore a suit of shiny, brass armor, and the princess wore a flowing, blue dress. The knight had a broadsword, and the princess had a rapier—“

“What’s a rapier?”

Gran sighed. “It’s a sword with a thin blade.”

“What’s a broadsword? What’s a broad?”

“My my, aren’t you a curious lad.” At that, Gran had ruffled up Sonia’s red hair. “Maybe you’ll grow up to be a professor like me.”

“I want to grow up to be a princess.”

Gran had cocked her head a bit at that. “Don’t you mean a prince?”

“No. Princess. A princess with a rapier.” At Gran’s confused expression, Sonia had added, “A princess professor with a rapier.”

That story was more questions than story, but it was certainly not soon forgotten.

First Memory - Raihan
  • Staff
Raihan’s first memory is Omm telling a story after preschool.

“There was once a beautiful canyon, and in the canyon lived a mighty dragon. He was big and strong.”

“Was he scary?” Raihan asked.

Omm laughed. “No. He was a very friendly dragon who loved romance novels and nectarines. He had many friends who loved to play with him, and he loved to play with them.”

Raihan smiled. “I like this dragon. Can I be his friend?”

“Of course you can, habibi. You can be friends with anyone and everyone. With love in your heart and arms open to everyone, you will go far.”

“How far?”

“To the sky and the stars.” Omm kissed Raihan’s forehead. “Goodnight, habibi.”

When Omm left the bedroom, Raihan grabbed his Scorbunny plushie and walked over to the windowsill so he could sit on it and look up at the sky and the stars. He could really go that far?

Wow.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom