• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music When will we get new opening and ending?

I knew they wouldn't keep Mezase Pokémon Master 20th after the Kanto arc, but I didn't see this coming. Fair enough, Alola!! wasn't used that much, but now I'm afraid it could be used for too long. I just hope they change 100% of the sequence.

I can't believe it. They just add Shiron, Hoshigumo and some clips from future episodes. No new animation. Nothing. I guess this is it. No more new animation for openings, it's all clips now. Just like dub openings...

How are those clips? They clearly seem to be animations that are opening only, just like how the Litten scene from the original variant wasn't from the anime proper.

How are those clips? They clearly seem to be animations that are opening only, just like how the Litten scene from the original variant wasn't from the anime proper.
along with that grubbin capture scene, that DEFINITELY didn't happen

They all seem like episode clips to me.

Ok after watching the opening (I haven't seen the actual episode yet) it does seem like the clip with the Aether characters was new but Lilie changing her clothes looked like an episode clip.

Also I have to wonder if the Rocket trio scene having updated backgrounds means anything. Only time will tell...

They all seem like episode clips to me.
How? How will that Aether clip be used in the anime? That's clearly just to show off all the members and the Nebby scene is just a generic scene. Just wait, these won't appear. These aren't clips from episodes. This isn't the 20th anniversary of Aim to Be a Pokemon Master.

It doesn't. It looks just like a clip from an opening. How will that be used in the anime? They're just walking.
Some characters casually "just walking" is a thing that usually happen within episodes, not in the opening animations.

Some characters casually "just walking" is a thing that usually happen within episodes, not in the opening animations.
Not really, especially not characters like that. Why would they waste time to show them walking there? Shots like that are usually shots in anime openings where they show off groups of characters, like in Gladion's shot.

Not really, especially not characters like that. Why would they waste time to show them walking there? Shots like that are usually shots in anime openings where they show off groups of characters, like in Gladion's shot.
unnamed (2).gif

It's pretty obvious the Aether clip is opening exclusive, unless they have Burnett get out of the water, turn around and break the fourth wall by having her look into the camera and smile

The clip with the class and Nebby seems to be new too, because I feel it could only fit in last week's episode.

The one with Gladion and Type: Null / Shivally look new, they might be from future episodes, but the overall staging make me think it's more likely exclusive to the opening.

Actually, I feel the same way about Lillie's scene.

The scene with Pikachu and Ash using 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt is the only one that seems to be from the actual show (Just like the Sparking Gigavolt clip it replaced).

The new scenes are nice, but I'm not happy with how little they did with the animation. Mareanie's absence doesn't help either.

Think about it, Mezase Pokémon Master 20th was 95% clips, which could be justified with it only being used for 13 episodes... except Be An Arrow! 2013 was an entirely new sequence that lasted for the same amount of time. They could've at least compensate for that by making a new animation for Alola!!, but they pretty much just switched some stuff around and called it a day.

Still, I doubt those are clip episodes. Characters acting in a casual way during opening sequences isn't unheard of. Remember that scene from Mega V where the group is just talking while walking on a sidewalk?

I'm willing to guess that there will be a completely new, Ultra-themed opening after November, which is why they made only little changes to Alola!!.

I'm willing to guess that there will be a completely new, Ultra-themed opening after November, which is why they made only little changes to Alola!!.
And they want to make a whole new opening for when Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon comes out.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom