I don't see this argument have any thing to do with the thread's topic.1. He hails from Blackthorn City.outside of the fact he's a champion and former E4 member, he loves dragon types, and he once helped a kid beat up TR, we don't know anything about him
2. He is the grandson of a Dragon Clan Elder.
3. He is one of only a few people to pass the Dragon Master Challenge.
4. His cousin is Clair.
5. He looks like a younger version of his grandfather.
6. He has a caring, compassionate personality. (Something that Steven and Cynthia both lack, IMO.)
7. He cares about Pokémon rights/environmental justice (ie. his activities at the Lake of Rage), possibly to the point of being a bit of a hippie (see Silver calling him a "bleeding heart").
8. He loves to buy capes in Celadon City. (Fame Checker)
What more could you want? You don't have to like his character, but he is *far* from "boring." If it seems like he gets less than the other Champions, it's because GF has screwed his character over compared to the others. (Just compare all of the attention the marketing of ORAS is giving Steven to the almost-zero that both FRLG and HGSS gave Lance.)
Well, I guess that's one thing Elm and Lance have in common. (Besides being from Johto--Hmm, coincidence?)
I agree with some people here that what happened to Emerald will be another "recycling" if it will happen again in ORAS.
As much as I want to have Johto starters, I think, IMO, there is no way that Johto starters will be given out in the course of the game. Yes, there's a possibility that the starters will be given as reward in post game but I think, it is impossible to give it out while the story is running just like what happened in the Kanto starters for XY.