• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

When you name your character....

Gen I/II: DEVIN
Ge III/IV: Devin
My Japanese HeartGold: デビン

I always used the capital letter first, I think. I can't quite remember really.

I'm annoyed by BILLYMAYSISH, so I stick with capitalizing the first letter and nothing more.

For everything.

All caps up till Gen IV, in Pearl and when I get HG just the first

How can you write question marks in caps?
but srsly, I've changed to using question marks instead. Because it makes me feel mysterious ; ;

I never understood why every name was in caps in the first place.

Even when I was a kid.
Seriously.

this.

First letter, always. Caps lock is stupid looking. Even if I don't really wanna nickname a Pokémon, I do anyways so that I can make their name not caps lock'd.

Katakana in my JP games too, but that's because everyone else's name is in Katakana and it makes sense. If I could use kanji, I would.

Eh, since Gen III, I've capitalized just the first letter. Same goes for my Pokemon nicknames too. My friends are the opposite of me though, using ALL CAPS and such . . . but to each his or her own, right?

Like everyone said, all caps gen I-III, just the first letter a cap in gen IV. In this example Ranger is a gen IV game xD

I liked being the odd-name out of the entire Pokeverse, so I always spelled my name properly.

Like everyone has said, I used to capatilize till the fourth generation.

I wonder why a lot of people started to only capitalized the first letter when Generation IV started?

I used to put it in all caps, up until I got Platinum. I decided to stop then for some reason.

Up until Generation IV, I just used the default names, which were always all caps. Now, I only capitalize the first letter.

I capitalize the first letter, and leave the rest lower case.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom