• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Where are you on October 12th?

Stratelier

Reaction score
As in: do you have anything special planned for release day or will it just be 'business as usual'?

Me, I wouldn't mind attending a midnight release if there is one somewhere, but that's not likely to happen around where I live (our local store certainly isn't hosting one, not for Pokemon anyway) so as it stands all I've done is request the day off from work. I won't exactly be lining up at the store's opening hour of 7:00, but it would be nice to get there in the morning....

(Then the only matter left to decide is that ultimate question: X or Y?)

As in: do you have anything special planned for release day or will it just be 'business as usual'?

Me, I wouldn't mind attending a midnight release if there is one somewhere, but that's not likely to happen around where I live (our local store certainly isn't hosting one, not for Pokemon anyway) so as it stands all I've done is request the day off from work. I won't exactly be lining up at the store's opening hour of 7:00, but it would be nice to get there in the morning....

Running to walmart, getting a six-pack of voltage, Getting Y and the guide, and full walkthrough with updates on pokemon here.

I will be waiting for the eShop release. People are saying they will be released at midnight, so I guess no sleep for me in that night.

I actually already have $50 on my eShop, just waiting to be spent in my X version.

Saturday at home. The guy in the gamestop said something that they can call me if they can release it earlier.
I don't know what that means. Does that mean I can get it by Friday, I'm having panic attacks now. ^_________^

At the store getting the game :u

But I won't be doing anything really. I noticed that this is the first time in I don't know how long that the games are being released on Saturday and not Sunday, so I don't have anything planned.

Also, I'm buying both. I'd like to get my hands on a copy before then, but it's unlikely.

Wake up, very tired might I add from an inability to sleep. Head to IHOP with some friends, eat crepes. Head to GameStop, buy games. Head home, cocoon self in room with supplies I've purchased the following day to help me survive this cocooning. And play game till school/work on Monday. Then play more.

I seriously hope I can get the game the day before since I don't have school that day, and I've had it pre-ordered since February! @~@

If not, Saturday I'll probably be retrieving my game from some store, and the guide, and playing it...probably next to some homework. >3>

Wake up, very tired might I add from an inability to sleep. Head to IHOP with some friends, eat crepes. Head to GameStop, buy games. Head home, cocoon self in room with supplies I've purchased the following day to help me survive this cocooning. And play game till school/work on Monday. Then play more.

thats the the idea

seriously, its a saturday. id just go into game mode and hunker down

Probably waiting until the 14th, because I pre-order my games online and XY gets released on a Saturday. Unless, I guess, they're super nice and I get the game on the 11th already.

But honestly, I don't really care when I get it. If I get it on the 11th, awesome! But if I get it on the 14th that is fine too.

Waiting for my copy of X to come through the door. If it doesn't, heading down to Tesco and buying Y. I don't care that I'll be paying full price for both, I'll be getting the game as soon as I can.

Quite simply, picking up my preorders (X and guide, which, by the way, are both fully paid off) at Gamestop.

Well, hoping to somehow convince my parents to take me to Walmart/Target/Gamestop, etc. Anyone got any tips to convince them?
P.S.
They have no idea I want it or anything.

I'm just going to do what I usually do.

Go to Gamestop, wait in a ridiculously long line, get the game, then play for 5 hours straight.

hey, you just described black and white 2 for me in a nutshell.

Well decided I would buy mine on the e-Shop, mainly because I can play it ASAP. I'll stack up on snacks and refreshments; I plan on pulling an all nighter tbh.

Hopefully it's put on the US e-Shop the same time it's put on the Japanese e-Shop, although it's probably unlikely.

Gonna get to Gamestop asap and pay off the rest of my pre order and pick up the games. Then I'll spend the rest of the day playing and trying to browse the forums and post about them at the same time.

I don't imagine being able to sleep well the night before release. I might just not even try.

Pick up Pokemon Y and the guidebook at Gamestop, then maybe I'll do that videogame marathon I've always wanted to do.

Waking up early on Saturday morning to get to the store up the road as soon as it opens at 9am to get my preordered Pokemon Y. Because I'm in Sydney, I'll be one of the first people in the world to get it on release day due to Timezone differences. Even before Japan!

I'll probably be working in the afternoon, but that'll be good for a break and I'll spend all night and all Sunday playing. Uni is going to be so neglected that weekend. I'm so excited.

I can't be bothered preordering the strategy guide unless I happen to get to the store in the next few weeks, but I figure I'm going to be able to pick one up there anyway - no drama if not.

Not at GameStop, unfortunately.

Either stuck at homecoming or a church retreat and either I'm not allowed to pick it up or am unable.

The church retreat option is the worst, because I'll have to call to place my game on hold for the 14th then. I don't have any personal guarantees that GameStop won't sell off my fully payed for copy regardless.

Waking up early on Saturday morning to get to the store up the road as soon as it opens at 9am to get my preordered Pokemon Y. Because I'm in Sydney, I'll be one of the first people in the world to get it on release day due to Timezone differences. Even before Japan!

I'll probably be working in the afternoon, but that'll be good for a break and I'll spend all night and all Sunday playing. Uni is going to be so neglected that weekend. I'm so excited.

I can't be bothered preordering the strategy guide unless I happen to get to the store in the next few weeks, but I figure I'm going to be able to pick one up there anyway - no drama if not.

Lucky! I wish I got the game before Japan.

On Saturday, I'll probably pick up the game from Walmart sometime in the morning, then spend the rest of the day looking from my 3DS screen to my computer. Hopefully I won't have much homework that weekend, cuz I doubt I'll want to do it.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom