• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Where are you on October 12th?

I've got work Saturday, Sunday and Monday because it's Colombus day, which sorta fucks me. I'm still planning on finding a midnight release either at gamestop or just going to walmart, and maybe playing an hour or two, but I've gotta be up by around 7 to get to work, so no all nighters for me.

Well, hoping to somehow convince my parents to take me to Walmart/Target/Gamestop, etc. Anyone got any tips to convince them?
P.S.
They have no idea I want it or anything.

I'd recommend lying a bit if you have to and say you have a school assignment that requires certain supplies. Or go the honest approach and just tell them you've been waiting ten months for this game and need a ride.

Not at GameStop, unfortunately.

Either stuck at homecoming or a church retreat and either I'm not allowed to pick it up or am unable.

The church retreat option is the worst, because I'll have to call to place my game on hold for the 14th then. I don't have any personal guarantees that GameStop won't sell off my fully payed for copy regardless.

I was an assistant manager for GameStop for several years. The company policy is to hold all preorders for 72 hours. You should be fine. I can also guarantee since its Pokemon they won't sell out. Every Pokemon launch my store was always shipped 3x the amount of games reserved, and we'd get more shipments the following week. I should also note my store was very low in sales (part of why I'm no longer there).

i've already got off of work for saturday, and I'm staying up until midnight for the Eshop download, shaking in anticipation, then playing it until sunrise.

Not at GameStop, unfortunately.

Either stuck at homecoming or a church retreat and either I'm not allowed to pick it up or am unable.

The church retreat option is the worst, because I'll have to call to place my game on hold for the 14th then. I don't have any personal guarantees that GameStop won't sell off my fully payed for copy regardless.

I was an assistant manager for GameStop for several years. The company policy is to hold all preorders for 72 hours. You should be fine. I can also guarantee since its Pokemon they won't sell out. Every Pokemon launch my store was always shipped 3x the amount of games reserved, and we'd get more shipments the following week. I should also note my store was very low in sales (part of why I'm no longer there).
Not according to my receipt. It says that it's only held for 48 hours.

I could cancel my preorder and get my money back and preorder it online, but then I wouldn't get it until the 15th with one-day shipping, since GaneStop doesn't ship on Saturdays.

Well, if I can get to sleep the night before, I'll be up at 7 or 8 (a rare occurrence for a slacker like me), and, since my girlfriend was silly, heading to the two different shopping centres where she pre-ordered X & Y. Luckily one is just a 20 minute walk down the road, but the other one's more of a 40 minute walk, so at least I'll be getting some exercise in before I spend the rest of the month on my DS.

My local GameStop opens at 10 in the morning. I'll have to find out if they're having a midnight release (doubt it though). I'll be picking up my copy of X and the guidebook first thing.

I'll also be getting my two Giratina

I'm not going to be able to sleep the night prior, I'll be too excited.

I'm dedicated to a physical copy (for various reasons). No guides or anything, just the game on its own terms.

Incidentally, Fred Meyer regularly makes an offer that if you buy a $1 registration card for a game, you get a free $5 gift card when you purchase the game itself (equivalent to $4 savings). That's mildly tempting, but it'd mean I have to absolutely decide between X and Y earlier (before release week). I was leaning slightly towards one version specifically, but Mewtwo's version-exclusive(?) mega forms have me back on the fence again.

My sister and I will go pick up our preordered copies of X and Y at EB Games here in Canada.
And then, because it is the long weekend (Thanksgiving!) we'll play for three days straight and stuff ourselves stupid on turkey. Excellent planning, GameFreak!

I'll be at Gamestop midday, staring at the copy of Y before I tear the wrap off the game box to shreds like a boss

It'll be business as usual for me that day. I'm one of those people who wait until the lines die down. I'll be sure to get my copy eventually.

It's become a bit of a tradition for my little brother and I to attend our local Walmart to pick up the games at midnight, since Diamond and Pearl, back in '07.

I'll be getting home for Thanksgiving weekend that Friday, the 11th. After I arrive I'll probably sleep the rest of the day away, then around 11:00pm or so go to Walmart and stock up on snacks, energy drinks, candy, and more, to have while I stay up all night. Hopefully we can heckle the man or woman working the video game department into giving us the games before midnight, but we'll see. I don't ever play video games for consecutive hours in this fashion, but please, Pokemon is an exception. I won't have a life outside of my copy of Pokemon X for the weekend, but that's fine by me. Seriously can't wait!

Hurting for money, wishing I could get X and Y and a 2DS, and dealing with having to wait until Cyber Monday to order them.

Probably on my laptop. My birthday is exactly one week after, so I can probably hold.

I pre ordered the games to ship to my house, so I'll just be refreshing the tracking system on them like crazy, until they arrive. I've already gotten my 3DS, so I'll probably be playing Pokemon White to kill some time.

If I'm fortunate enough, I'll be at the Gamestop picking up my copy first thing in the morning. Although I still really need to pre-order it soon...

But otherwise, once I get it... I'll probably just put it down and not play it until there is a complete listing of the Pokemon available up. I want to at least plan my team ahead of time before I start.

waking up and goofing off, probably playing world of warcraft til my mom goes and picks up the 4 copies that my household has pre-ordered, then playing forever. by which i mean until i have work that night

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom