• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Where are you on October 12th?

I put in for some off from work, so I'll probably be at home until the mid-morning, when I'll tell my hubby that if he wants me to stay off the computer, we have to get my game. XD

I'll probably just head to my local Walmart, as I have the game pre-ordered there and nab my copy of X along with a Y for Prime. I'll also get the guide this time, as I'll be flying blind and I know it. Once everything's paid for--I have a hundred bucks saved up for this--I'll head home and start on my journey. I may however, DL a copy of Y for extra storage space; I have more than enough on the eShop to take care of it but I'm still not entirely sure. In either case, I'm going to be playing Pokemon until my head asplodes. :boom:

I preordered both games from different places and I'm hoping that one of them would arrive at 11th since they're not posting during weekends here in Finland...
So, eagerly waiting at my home.

Sadly, even though Cyprus is in Europe, I don't think that we will be getting the games on release day. Most probably a week later or so. ( Unless they make a surprise and we have it on release day).
But, I do not really mind. Because I always love to learn as much as possible about the game before I start playing. I like to plan my team in advance. So, on 12th of October I'll giga drain all the spoilers from these forums lol

Just realized my mom'll be in the UK and my dad'll be out in Hershey that weekend, so I won't get any weird questions about why I'm going out to buy a video game at 11 at night.

That made me lol XD

I will be waiting for the eShop release. People are saying they will be released at midnight, so I guess no sleep for me in that night.

I actually already have $50 on my eShop, just waiting to be spent in my X version.

Same here! I did wonder about when exactly it'll appear on the e-Shop... are you sure it'll be at midnight? I have no idea how they're doing it when it comes to adding new games to the e-Shop...
I was also wondering what happens if you're getting disconnected mid-download... can it just resume the download like torrents, or will I have to re-download it? (and then the risk of it happening over and over again without ever completing the download.... I have a shitty connection)

Same here! I did wonder about when exactly it'll appear on the e-Shop... are you sure it'll be at midnight? I have no idea how they're doing it when it comes to adding new games to the e-Shop...
I was also wondering what happens if you're getting disconnected mid-download... can it just resume the download like torrents, or will I have to re-download it? (and then the risk of it happening over and over again without ever completing the download.... I have a shitty connection)
I am not entirely sure, but Animal Crossing New Leaf was released on the eShop at midnight, so I think it is safe to assume the same will be valid for Pokémon. Well, I hope so. It is also interesting to note that "midnight" might vary depending of your timezone. The eShop downloads work like torrents, yes, in a way that if you are disconnected, you will not need to re-download the whole game again. I am sure about that, because I was disconnected quite a few times when I was downloading Animal Crossing New Leaf.

I work Saturday night (Sunday night too)... i will pick up the game before going to work on Saturday and by Monday all of the starter final evolution's will be revealed, il start playing then.

At home, waiting for Amazon to deliver both X and Y. At least I have the Yveltal Red 3ds Xl on friday + Animal Crossing New Leaf to tide me over

I am not entirely sure, but Animal Crossing New Leaf was released on the eShop at midnight, so I think it is safe to assume the same will be valid for Pokémon. Well, I hope so. It is also interesting to note that "midnight" might vary depending of your timezone. The eShop downloads work like torrents, yes, in a way that if you are disconnected, you will not need to re-download the whole game again. I am sure about that, because I was disconnected quite a few times when I was downloading Animal Crossing New Leaf.

Thank you! Your answers really relieved me!
I'm from Israel so yeah it wouldn't be midnight for me, probably early morning of October 13 my time (I'm using an American 3DS so I have access to the American e-Shop)
And I'm so glad to hear it works like torrents!! I was worried about it this whole time!

the mere thought of getting the games early + the exclusives i want are in the other game entice me more to buy at midnight

Lets see.... Its a Saturday,so probably at home, or maybe at All-County band tryouts, idk.

If our college's Pokemon Club can get enough pre-orders, we're going to do a release party at a local GameStop. So hopefully we reach that magic number!

I'll be sleeping in waiting for the lines to die down. Then, I will walk to the game store to pick my copy of X up. Meanwhile avoiding let's plays on youtube to avoid spoilers.

EDIT By spoilers I mean not wanting to spoil seeing all the new pokemon and towns etc.

This is the first year I'm pre-ordering (pick-up at store), after the aforementioned long line for BW2. Luckily, I have nothing planned on release weekend, so I can pick up the game, take recluse into my room, and play for 6 hours straight. I can't wait to laugh at all the warnings instructing you to take a break every 45 minutes.

I´ll be probably studying and following the game live stream somewhere! ________________

Let's see....well, as much as I hate to say it, I'll be avoiding Pokemon all day. Why? Because the GameStop I pre-ordered Pokemon X at is nowhere near where I'll be release day. I had PLANNED to be their for a midnight launch, but no such luck. HOWEVER, the NEXT day I'll be going to pick it up, and just...play it to my heart's content.
OR, what I MIGHT do, is cancel my pre-order for X, pre-order Y, and then simply download X off the eShop (I prefer X over Y)

Well, I'll probably go to Gamestop whenever it opens and then play it all day. Unfortunately, my school's Homecoming dance is that night. I'm not very interested in going, but some of my friends want me to go.

Well, I'll probably go to Gamestop whenever it opens and then play it all day. Unfortunately, my school's Homecoming dance is that night. I'm not very interested in going, but some of my friends want me to go.
Get the game as early as you can, end up with a Gardevior, put her into Pokemon Amie, and take her to the dance. Problem solved, no? c:

As soon as I was able to, I went to Amazon.com, and pre-ordered my copy of Y Version. I guess you can say it will be just another day, until UPS drops off my game. After that, I'll become a hermit, and immerse myself in Generation 6.

Hopefully I'll preorder X or Y (I think I want Y but I'm still deciding) on October 1st and will go wait for the midnight release on the 12th if I find one in my area. If not, then I'm going out there super early. And then, as everybody else has planned, lock myself in my room and play it for the rest of the weekend.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom