• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Where do YOU locate the chances for Dawn/Hikari to stay for Gen 5

Where do YOU locate the chances for Dawn/Hikari to sta for Gen V Region?

• Total voters
Insulting will get you nowhere.

When you try to say Tracey is equal to Ash in his importance/role on the show it's really hard not to get into insults... it's irritating when people insist on such stupid things which makes no sense at all
Stop repeating they're all main characters and listed as being so - we know that... but not all the main characters in a show/game/story/whatever are the starring characters who the story revovles around... usually there's one or two stars who the story focus on more than anyone else and they play the biggest role who advance the plot (Ash and Dawn, Gyms and Contests) while the rest of the main characters aren't as important and play a smaller role, but still can be great characters with character development and be useful to the story (Brock, Misty, Max, Tracey)

About May, as I said before she was kind of between sidekick to starring with Ash... that was the first time the writers tried to make an equal star to Ash and clearly they made some mistakes with May which were later fixed with Dawn who is shocased as totally equal to him and not as most-important-after
But if we have to choose, then May deserves to be called one of the starring characters too... even with all these mistakes (since she did clearly have an important role and plot for the a whole series - AG - which IS a separated series in the original Japanese whether you like it or not)

When you try to say Tracey is equal to Ash in his importance/role on the show it's really hard not to get into insults...

Noone said that,and of course that Ash is more important than Tracey.The same goes for Brock and Misty who are more important than Tracey,Max but they arent equal to Ash.

I was just saying how some character despite having smaller role and not receiving the same amount of screentime like Ash does is protagonist aswell.

Stop repeating they're all main characters and listed as being so - we know that... but not all the main characters in a show/game/story/whatever are the starring characters who the story revovles around...

Except that story revolves around Brock aswell(not talking about gyms and contests) and noone can deny that this show is focused on Brock and his goal of becoming best pokemon breeder aswell,its just in smaller amount than its the case with Ash/Dawn.

usually there's one or two stars who the story focus on more than anyone else and they play the biggest role who advance the plot (Ash and Dawn, Gyms and Contests).

Its interesting how people say how Ashs gyms,Dawn contests advance the plot,while Brock whether he competes in somekind of breeding contests or not receiving smaller amount of screentime than this two said characters doesnt/wouldnt have any impact on shows plot.Hmmm...

About May, as I said before she was kind of between sidekick to starring with Ash... that was the first time the writers tried to make an equal star to Ash and clearly they made some mistakes with May which were later fixed with Dawn who is shocased as totally equal to him and not as most-important-after

Except that May wasnt something between protagonist and sidekick.She was protagonist aswell.
Someone doesnt have to receive the same amount of screentime like Ash does to be considered a protagonist.

Last edited:
This still doesnt explain the fact why on every pokemon website whether is oficiall or not the said characters are listed under protagonist section

Which websites would these be? All I see is the character section, not a protagonist section.

Which websites would these be? All I see is the character section, not a protagonist section.

Aside from bulbapedia i meant every website which has protagonists,antagonist etc. sections.Considering how posting this sites would be like advertizing(which isnt allowed)im not going to do this,but IF anyone doubts in authenticity of my words he can check it out by himself and see what im talking about.

Honestly i dont see point in further arguing,and people can believe what they want but the thruth is that this characters are protagonists aswell.

There is exception to every rule and why the said characters have smaller roles than Ash,this show still focuses on them,their goals and follows their journey aswell.
For someone to be considered protagonist he doesnt have to have the same amount of screentime like Ash has.

I could provide examples from tv shows,anime series etc. how characters who have smaller roles than other ones are considered protagonists aswell,but whats the point?This will only lead to further arguing not ending in any better way than it is now.

Last edited:
They're all main/hero/star/protagonist/whatever characters in that they're part of the main cast
But the show doesn't focus on them all, only on Ash/Dawn/May while the rest are just sidekicks who doesn't affect as much the plot (Gyms/Contests)
You should really learn what's the different between being the character who the story revovles around and being an important character who that story isn't about...
To say Brock is equal to Ash/Dawn is just as ridiculous as it'd be to say... Tomoyo from CardCaptor Sakura is equal to Sakura... -_-

They're all main/hero/star/protagonist/whatever characters in that they're part of the main cast
But the show doesn't focus on them all, only on Ash/Dawn/May

Except that show focuses on other characters and their goals aswell,which means that we are following their journeys and stories along with Ashs one(if you know what i mean).They just didnt received the same amount of screentime like for example Ash did,thats all.

To say Brock is equal to Ash/Dawn is just as ridiculous as it'd be to say... Tomoyo from CardCaptor Sakura is equal to Sakura... -_-

When did i said exactly how Brock is equal to Ash or Dawn???I was just saying that he is important character aswell,and while he doesnt receive the same amount of screentime like Ash does,he is protagonist aswell.

So you just contradict yourself
Brock is one of the main characters
Ash/Dawn are THE main characters and the series revovles around them, not around Brock... Brock plays a secondary role to that of Ash/Dawn
Yu yourself said that he's less important, than how can it be they play the same role? they don't - Brock is a sidekick (ONE OF the main characters) and Ash/Dawn are the stars (THE main characters)
I really don't know how to explain it to you other than this and all the previous explanations you got (which weren't just from me)

So you just contradict yourself
Brock is one of the main characters
Ash/Dawn are THE main characters and the series revovles around them, not around Brock... Brock plays a secondary role to that of Ash/Dawn

Except that i didnt contradicted myself,i was just explaining to you,that this show doesnt just focus on Ash/Dawn.

Yu yourself said that he's less important, than how can it be they play the same role? they don't - Brock is a sidekick (ONE OF the main characters) and Ash/Dawn are the stars (THE main characters)

First i didnt said how Brock is less important(you said that),and it seems that you dont understand that character doesnt have to receive the same amount of screentime like some other character does to be considered a protagonist.May received smaller amount of screentime than Ash did,but that doesnt mean she was a sidekick.
In Brocks case he is protagonist aswell,just with smaller role thats all.

I seriously think that they're just going to repeat the pattern if and when Generation V comes. There will obviously be a female playable character in the Generation V games, so they'll just use that. Dawn will go to compete in Hoenn contests and will make a return appearance later on, just like Misty and May before her, and we'll probably have Ash, Brock and the Generation V girl. Possibly others, too.

Of course it's not 100% sure.

Last edited:
The way I see it, the writers have a few options:
1) Use the old formula: keep Ash, keep Brock, and replace Dawn with a Gen V girl.
2) Let Brock go home and actually start his pokemon breeding business. Keep Ash and Dawn, introduce a Gen V boy.
3) If they remake G/S, they have to revisit Johto (and hopefully make up for that season). Although I don't see Ash going back there at all.

Since the anime structure seems more dependent on the games these days, I s'pose we'll just have to wait and see which region comes next. Personally I don't care if Dawn leaves just yet- I feel like Brock has gotten more stale and it would be another season before I tire of Dawn's glitzy persona. lol just my 2 cents.

She'll be replace (They're trying to promote the game, the reason why Misty wasn't replaced in Johto because the anime started before Crystal came out) like the rest of the girl characters no matter how much you wish they won't. Atleast she'll appear in some episode (like May and Misty), however, she'll then be forgotten by the producer, just like Misty.

I think that she will get replaced. i said 50-50, but shes OK , and not in the characters i dont like list.

I think 50/50, cause if there is gonna be a Battle Frontier, then Dawn should stay, like May did in Advanced: BF

I think 50/50, cause if there is gonna be a Battle Frontier, then Dawn should stay, like May did in Advanced: BF

If and when there's a Battle Frontier arc, Hikari will definitely stick around for that. Once they move on to the fifth generation region, though, she's out the door.

It would be nice if you would smaller the discussion why/why not she stays, this poll is about the chances people locate for her to stay and why they think so and not about discuss if or if not. I only wanted to know why people think so and don't want to read page after page people try to defend their thinking.

Anyway for my opinion (I believe I didn't state it yet) I say 50-50 cause I like her more than the other girls(besides of Angie/Aoi)and the show needs a "tough" girl as an additional (to Shinji/Paul)main rival who would be the Gen 5 heroine which as well could broaden the interests group for Pokemon.

Last edited:
For me, I say 50/50 also. I really like Hikari~

>< Grr I clicked submit and accidentally put 70%.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom