• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Where do YOU locate the chances for Dawn/Hikari to stay for Gen 5

Where do YOU locate the chances for Dawn/Hikari to sta for Gen V Region?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Well the 13 Season of Pokemon started not so long ago and is probably the last Season of Gen IV so I started to think after all what you saw how high do any of you locate the chance for Hikari/Dawn to stay in Gen V?

Feel free to post your opinion as well and sorry I forget the Zero option just vote for below 10 and say that it is Zero until I figured out how to edit it.

Last edited:
Even though she is my favorate girl in DP,she will be replaced by Gen 5 girl when gen 5 comes.

The way I see it is that she might go like May, a new person will replace her, but she may come back from time to time like May does.

I don't get these people who think Hikari's going to stay and Satoshi's going to leave. That's not how this show works, and it's never been how this show works. DP may be trying some new things, but this is not one of them.

No matter how much you whine, the show is not going to suddenly turn into your own personal fanfiction.

Dawn is the first character ever that is showcased as an equal to Ash (even May wasn't, they did a lot of mistakes with her and fixed them with Dawn)
They even changed the almost 10 years old text in the opening that told us this is Ash's story... they really felt Dawn is important enough to change that to "Ash and Dawn's story" (they didn't do that with May)
I don't say it's 100% she'll stay - but I really think it's ridiculous to say it's 100% she'll leave either
I also think the writers know very well it's going to be stupid to give us a girly girl Coordinator with cute Pokémon one after the other... to do it one time was ok but how much can they do it?
At least in my opinion, regardless of being equals, Ash and Dawn fit each other perfectly as characters in a way none of the other main characters ever was
Not only they fit each other so well (and Pika and Pip too) and not only they're treated as equals in the show itself, but look at all the merchandise like movies 10-11 DVDs, the Together and High Touch CDs (the High Touch OP itself it a duet of both which also refer to their constant high fives in the show) and many other things

I think she has a nice chance to stay but I know it's better not to expect that
What I'd like them to do next gen is to keep Ash and Dawn as the stars and give us a new sidekick based on the new games hero (and if they'll be able to handle a group of four, add the games heroine too)
They really try to make the show appeal equally to girls so I think if we have a permament boy hero, the next step would be to have a permament girl heroine as well

Dawn is the first character ever that is showcased as an equal to Ash (even May wasn't, they did a lot of mistakes with her and fixed them with Dawn)
They even changed the almost 10 years old text in the opening that told us this is Ash's story... they really felt Dawn is important enough to change that to "Ash and Dawn's story" (they didn't do that with May)
I don't say it's 100% she'll stay - but I really think it's ridiculous to say it's 100% she'll leave either
I also think the writers know very well it's going to be stupid to give us a girly girl Coordinator with cute Pokémon one after the other... to do it one time was ok but how much can they do it?
At least in my opinion, regardless of being equals, Ash and Dawn fit each other perfectly as characters in a way none of the other main characters ever was
Not only they fit each other so well (and Pika and Pip too) and not only they're treated as equals in the show itself, but look at all the merchandise like movies 10-11 DVDs, the Together and High Touch CDs (the High Touch OP itself it a duet of both which also refer to their constant high fives in the show) and many other things

I think she has a nice chance to stay but I know it's better not to expect that
What I'd like them to do next gen is to keep Ash and Dawn as the stars and give us a new sidekick based on the new games hero (and if they'll be able to handle a group of four, add the games heroine too)
They really try to make the show appeal equally to girls so I think if we have a permament boy hero, the next step would be to have a permament girl heroine as well

You're a PearlShipper, aren't you?

Not at all
The only shipping I'm a little interested in is Contestshipping
I'd prefer Dawn with Kenny or Jun
I don't know how well you know me, but people who read my posts for a while now probably already know I simply like the idea of having two equal heroes and I think Dawn fixed a lot of mistakes they did with May (I like May but I mean mistakes in making her seem equal)
When I said Ash and Dawn fit each other I meant as characters, not as a couple...

she wont they'll replace her with a new chick once generation 5 rolls along

I still say I want Ash's entire journey wrapped up at the end of this gen, so everyone else goes down with him.

Its really, really time for Ash's story to come to a close. Ash Vs. Cynthia would be an excellent finale for the series.

I'd prefer Ash to win the Sinnoh league (last battle VS Paul, Pika/Infernape beat Electivire/Magmortar), then beat the Elite Four but lose to Cynthia, win the new BF and continue to next gen...

Oh jeez, you've confused me with all these numbers... I'm terrible at numbers. Bleah, I ended up picking 30%-39%, though I suppose it could go lower. I don't think Dawn has a lot of staying power, being the anime version of a non-Gen I character and all.

I wonder if gen V girl will be the same coordinator thing again..
And ash starting fresh..

I mean, it WOULD get rather repetive seeing the same thing three times in a row.

I wonder if gen V girl will be the same coordinator thing again..
And ash starting fresh..
I mean, it WOULD get rather repetive seeing the same thing three times in a row.

Very true, which is why I hope Ash's entire story is wrapped up with this generation.

By the time DP ends Ash's story will have been going on for 13 or 14 years and have over 600 episodes, its time for some closure for the show as a whole.

I think they should keep Hikari and replace Brock with the male main character from Gen 5

She's going to leave. It's as certain as the sun setting and the coming of generation 5 (had to throw that in there).

Its really, really time for Ash's story to come to a close. Ash Vs. Cynthia would be an excellent finale for the series.
Yes, we are aware that you think that. :p

I still say I want Ash's entire journey wrapped up at the end of this gen, so everyone else goes down with him.

Have fun complaining in 2010.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom