• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Where does the S.S Anne go?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
In the Kanto based games, after getting the HM/Secret Technique, Cut, the ship sets sail to go around the world. Now in Gen 3, the ship would of course travel between Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn. In Let's Go, Pikachu/Eevee, It travels between the first seven regions (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, and Alola). However, back in gen 1 (back when the games first came out), where did the ship go? How does it travel around the world if Kanto was the only Region at the time?

While that is a competent intradiegetic answer, I'm afraid the question was extradiegetic in nature and so this explanation would not suffice.
I mean, I never really considered the possibility that other places exist outside Kanto in Gen 1...

It was a cruise ship, and while I've never been on one, my understanding is that the point of the experience is just being on the ship, so as I kid I just imagined people were vacationing out on the water.

I bet if you had asked the developers at the time, they'd say elsewhere in Japan or another country. Remember that while the current Pokemon world is more or less a cartoonified parallel to ours, back then the idea was that it even more closely resembled the real world-- monster studies began in France per the infamous guidebook from that time, and Kanto is the only region to share its name with the location it's based off of. And Pokemon 2 was supposed to take you all around Japan, not just two regions of it.

In the Kanto based games, after getting the HM/Secret Technique, Cut, the ship sets sail to go around the world. Now in Gen 3, the ship would of course travel between Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn. In Let's Go, Pikachu/Eevee, It travels between the first seven regions (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, and Alola). However, back in gen 1 (back when the games first came out), where did the ship go? How does it travel around the world if Kanto was the only Region at the time?

It went to the bottom of the ocean.

Looking at the Lets Go map... it cannot even leave Vermillion due to rocks being in the way lol.

Shipwreck. (insert creepy Lavender Town music)
66-PKMNQUARTZ_60.png

67-PKMNQUARTZ_62.png

71-PKMNQUARTZ_66.png

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom