• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Where from here?

evkl

Person-about-Bulba
Reaction score
Bulbapedia opened about three and a half months ago with about 100 articles. We now have nearly seventeen times the number of articles we did back then, plus far more depth and the like in articles and sections.

But something's missing. Actually, a lot's missing. Our TCG information is lacking, we need Episode Guides, and the Dex could use some real improvement. The summer's coming around, and a lot of people tend to spend either more--or less--time inside, but regardless, I think it'd be a good idea to get rolling on a few new projects.

So, I ask to the users of the Bulbapedia: Where from here? What are our goals? What do you want out of it, what does the community need out of it, and how can we work to achieve the goals we're aiming for?

Any and all input--from anyone, not just the 'Pediaites--is welcome and encouraged.

~Evan

I'll TRY whenever I can to edit the TCG section... but my own time to work on Bulbapedia is far and few between. Truthfully I only work on it whenever I get bored and need to kill some time... which really isn't the kind of dedication as the TCG section neds. Not to mention I know nothing about any TCG set released past EX:FRLG. Hmmm....

BTW, I've noticed that it seems like the same number of people are editing/adding articles... what's preventing you from spreading the word on big sites/forums like the Pojo, the PokéGym or Zeo? I'm sure you guys already thought of that, so I'm assuming that either you never got around to it or no one from those sites care...

Last edited:
I could do some episode guides, but I need a new password.

[EDIT: Never mind, got a new one. Will do some tonight.]

Last edited:
I posted on the talk page for the Pokédex Project ages ago about some in-depth species information, I still don't know what to do regarding this. Havn't really got any yays or nays, I don't want to do any work if you don't think it's needed. Either way, I think this is what is needed the most to be honest.
Come on, this is a Pokémon encyclopedia, and what is lacking the most? The Pokémon themselves, that alone is a bit of a joke if you ask me.

Nick15 said:
BTW, I've noticed that it seems like the same number of people are editing/adding articles... what's preventing you from spreading the word on big sites/forums like the Pojo, the PokéGym or Zeo? I'm sure you guys already thought of that, so I'm assuming that either you never got around to it or no one from those sites care...

Rules against advertising mainly, though I hope to have some talks with the staff on PokéGym soon, to arrange some sort of affiliation. Pojo's harder because it's a commercial site (They never even responded to my email a while back wanting to write a history article on them), and I don't really know anything about Zeo to be honest.

I think we should concentrate on finishing what we have started before embarking on any new projects. Articles needing to be finished have more-or-less already been mentioned in this topic.

I will probably have more time to work on the pedia once I'm out of school. I've just been really busy lately. The only reason I'm able to be here now is because one of my classes is having computer time and I'm done with my work- I won't even be home this afternoon when I usually am online.

Over the next week or so, between other projects, I'll be putting every single episode guide that Bulbagarden has permission to use on 'pedia. Many of them are quite old, and need significant editing to get them up to our current standards, but they're a hell of a lot better than nothing.

Anyone who wants to help needs to only pick up from where I've left off in the episode capsules. Once I get zips of Zak's guides from him, I'll make those publically available to anyone who wants to help out. Likewise for any other guides.

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom