• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Where is Mewtwo?

JoseGreer

Reaction score
Has there been any kind of special episode, or ova about Mewtwo's whereabouts? What happened with him and his "followers"?

I think that JoseGreer is talking about where Mewtwo is right now after the events of Mewtwo Returns. If that is the case, aside from a shot of Mewtwo standing in the World of Pokemon segment for the sixth movie, I don't think we've seen any sign of Mewtwo in ages. I assume that the other clone Pokemon are living on their own as well after the events of Mewtwo Returns.

I was surprised that we didn't get to see Mewtwo during the Battle Frontier arc. People were upset over the lack of Kanto references and nods, which I can understand, but I was more surprised that they didn't give Mewtwo another special. It was the tenth anniversary, Ash and his friends were back in Kanto, so another Mewtwo special would have been fitting. We did get that Mirage Mewtwo, but I don't think that counts, especially when I thought Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon was horrible and I don't know how canon it is with the series given random stuff like Professor Oak having a Dragonite is there.

Mewtwo got destroyed by Mega Rayquaza for entering it's territory, lol! But seriously, two Mewtwos are suppose to be impossible since the one that was brought to life by Mew DNA was a male Mewtwo. Getting Mew DNA is not something you get everyday. Mewtwo was suppose to be a one-off pokemon like Arceus.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if there were multiple Arceus in the anime's universe as well. We've seen multiple Legendary Pokemon before, so it would be fitting in a sense, even though it still bothers me a bit that another Mewtwo was created and looked exactly the same as the original Mewtwo aside from being able to transform into on of its Mega Evolution.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if there were multiple Arceus in the anime's universe as well. We've seen multiple Legendary Pokemon before, so it would be fitting in a sense, even though it still bothers me a bit that another Mewtwo was created and looked exactly the same as the original Mewtwo aside from being able to transform into on of its Mega Evolution.
I don't think Arceus would have multiples. I believe that it is the solo Arceus. Arceus could exist in all universe at the same time while remaining the only one of it's kind. I don't see more than one Arceus.

I don't think Arceus would have multiples. I believe that it is the solo Arceus. Arceus could exist in all universe at the same time while remaining the only one of it's kind. I don't see more than one Arceus.

All I'm saying is that if the anime could create another Mewtwo with almost identical backstory to the one from the first movie, the idea of multiple Arceus within the anime's universe isn't too unreasonable, especially when another Mew cloning experiment turning out almost the same really improbable.

All I'm saying is that if the anime could create another Mewtwo with almost identical backstory to the one from the first movie, the idea of multiple Arceus within the anime's universe isn't too unreasonable, especially when another Mew cloning experiment turning out almost the same really improbable.
It seems unlikely. If Arceus could create a whole pokemon world then sure it could go in and out of other universe so it doesn't need counterparts.

Mewtwo's "followers" all disbanded at the end of Mewtwo Returns. Presumably they ended up living like any other wild Pokemon.

Does that mean that... Arceus... The one and only Lord of this universe (and all others)... is... you?!

That Mewtwo was female, and nore motherly. She's not considered the same Mewtwo from M01 since they clearly don't sound the same.

I miss Mewtwo. He was B.A. Haven't seen the female one yet. But I can imagine the possibility of a future movie or special featuring the two. New shipping?

Probably. It was so sudden and unexpected. But I can warm up. Hopefully they will flesh out her story more.

They just basically gave the new Mewtwo the same backstory as the original one, aside from the Team Rocket involvement. The different voice and the fact that it could transform into what would be its Mega Evolution are pretty much the only differences between the two Mewtwo. I wouldn't mind the idea of a second Mewtwo so much if they explained how another group was just happened to create it through another Mew cloning experiment. Or at least give it a different conflict from the original Mewtwo since the new Mewtwo also didn't trust/care for humans at first.

Probably ended up in Golden State or found the love of its life and now owns a juice company that now has expanded its reach.

There was Mewtwo Y and Mewtwo X in the first Mega Evolution special's introduction.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom