• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Where the next regions should be based on?

I'm completely biased, but I wouldn't mind seeing a region (or two) based on Ireland and Great Britain. If only so I could see the 'Pokémon world' equivalent to where I live. The mythology from these two islands would make a good inspiration for some interesting legendaries.

Having one as the first gym set/league before beating the elite four and going to the second a la Kanto/Johto would be cool, and maybe you could choose the region you start in, with each having their own set of starters?

next region will be england; or at least London surroundings, Masuda and the team are visiting there with frequency, just as they did in France when they were developing Kalos

A Russian-esque setting would be awesome. The buildings in the cities would be beautiful (I'm picturing something like St Isaac's Cathedral) and there could be lots of barren cold landscapes with blizzards like Sinnoh, forests, mountain ranges...it's such a vast and varied area ^^

I think the next generation should be based on Italy and Vatican City, since it would be nice seeing the gorgeous towns Pokemon-style.

they already got places from japan, (north) america and europe... maybe will be interesting places like canada

This is the probabilities list
Australia
UK
Italy
Mexico
Germany
Greece
Russia
Scandinavia
Egypt
Korea
Brazil
Spain
Canada

I'd like to see a mediterranean scenary, so Italy or Greece.
If not, Scandinavia or Russia would make interesting landscapes.
If they go to Brazil, Amazon forest should concetrate the most pokemon species, cause theres the biggest world's wildlife diversity.
If they go to Australia, the sea should concetrate the most diversity of water pokemons, specialy in the coral reefs.

I would definitely love to see a region based on the United Kingdom or Italy.

Italy would be really cool. And maybe even add in Switzerland in the north, and maybe add in Slovenia as well.

Greece would also be a great country to base a region on.

Would also like to see the UK and other areas of USA

Russia - Probably a good country for a two-region area, split with Eastern Russia and Siberia. Plus, the game would be pretty long since Russia is pretty big
India - India has a rich mythological history plus a pretty diverse flora and fauna that probably would allow a lot of creative Pokémon to exist.
China
Mongolia
Nepal
Sri Lanka

My idea would be a game set in RURAL China. Because I really like how rural Johto is, but it is very small. So I'd like a Chinese style big Johto. And rural China is not too different to rural Johto.
A very big region. It would be the first game ever with 2 metropolis rather than just one (Beijing and Shanghai). There would be a lot of foggy places.

The Legendary pokemon would be a Dragon (Dragon/ Flying type) and a Tiger (Fire) type. The mythology would be about the 2 Pokemon of power/wisdom.

I would suggest an evil team who want to awaken the respective box legend, because of their obsession with an ancient book where it is written that a new era of prosperity/wisdom will start when said Pokemon is awaken. However, the closer the Team's leader gets to the Pokemon in question, the more power thirsty he becomes, eventually forgeting his original idea and wanting the Pokemon's power or wisdom all for himself.

Therefore, we would have a contrast of themes: wealth and the materialistic vs wisdom and the spiritual.

Last edited:
I think Italy will be next. I'd love to see New Zealand or Sweden become regions, though.

I really like an African region, with some desert/Egyptian influences in the north, a savannah and a big, tropical jungle. That's be awesome.
Or maybe a greek region, but with less surfing than Hoenn

I really like an African region, with some desert/Egyptian influences in the north, a savannah and a big, tropical jungle. That's be awesome.
Or maybe a greek region, but with less surfing than Hoenn

If it's Africa, they'd probably have to make it slightly less obvious, like tilt it then turn it upside down or something.

I'd like to see a region based on Germany next, since Gamefreak went with a European country this gen. Since Kalos (France) is nearby, we could potentially see two regions like Johto-Kanto again. Maybe even give the Johto starters with mega stones.

China, Australia, Italy & Iceland would be my personal choices. Some of the Nordic regions too.

If they do Egypt sometime, just imagine how big a desert there will be. I hate deserts with its sandstorms. I'd rather have an African region like South Africa with its Table Mountain and fynbos (wild plant life).

If they do Egypt sometime, just imagine how big a desert there will be. I hate deserts with its sandstorms. I'd rather have an African region like South Africa with its Table Mountain and fynbos (wild plant life).

Cameroon is also, pretty much all of Africa's biomes in one. Desert, Savanna, Rainforest, Mountains, and Coast. Perfect for a Pokemon region!

Hey, If they make a Germany based region Lysandere could be from there.
(Sorry if I insulted someone)

Anyways I'd like to see a region based off of The Netherlands.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom