• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Where To Buy Authentic Pokemon Goods Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another good place for decently priced Pokemon goods:

Hobby Link Japan

The upside is they do not charge an arm and a leg for Tomy figures, D-Arts figures, Figma, whatever it is you desire. They also don't overcharge on shipping, and they have an option where you can have them hold your items for a month, which is nice if you are waiting for certain releases and just want to have them all shipped to you at the same time. That, or have them held until you can afford the shipping, which has gone up really high over the past 4 years. My God.

The bad thing about this place is that you HAVE to pre-order what you want way in advance otherwise you can kiss whatever it is that you are looking for goodbye for the next four to six weeks. Sometimes you'll get lucky and find what you're looking for in stock, but hot damn you have to be quick. Almost everything is sold out by the time it is released, but it can't be helped, especially with their great prices.

All in all, it's a great place to pre-order items, but a terrible place to look for items that have already been released, because more than likely it will be sold out or backordered.

EDIT: I don't think it has been mentioned here, but since Pokedoll USA was brought up in this thread, I thought I should bring it up anyways. The owner of the site was banned on pkmncollectors for ripping off multiple people and deleting Facebook comments regarding the whereabouts of their items or any negative comments that would deter business. Right now the page itself is "under maintenance," but should it ever come up again, I would recommend anyone who is interested in buying Pokemon goods to avoid this place.

Last edited:
I've been bitten by the Tomy figure bug and want a bunch. However, the particular Pokes I'm after are practically impossible to get in the UK unless I pay stupid amounts (£11 for a single 2" figure? Are you kidding me?). The few places I tried to order the two Meloetta 2-figure battle packs wanted me to pay $50 in shipping. No thank you. That doesn't take into account the inevitable customs charges, either, which are usually extortionate.

Does anyone know if there are any reliable places that ship Pokémon toys to the UK for reasonable prices? Those new XY 4-packs look amazing, but that stuff just isn't available on the shelves here. Or maybe I'm just looking in all the wrong places (Toys 'R' Us has a small selection and Forbidden Planet is utterly useless).

I know this hobby is expensive, so any help would be appreciated.

Yep, they are. The fact that they're coming from Hong Kong makes it very obvious that they're bootlegs. Also, there's no way 2 official Pokedolls would sell for that low.

I am thinking of getting a pokemon Plush

recently saw Mega Diancie, and that looks awesome.

however, I am not sure if that one's the best pokemon plush to get
and I can't find much review about Mega Diancie Plush either.
and I can't really tell the exact size of this plush, the only best one I saw was one in a room... but still hard to tell.

What other plush are there to get that's cute?

Also, recently just found out about Pokemoncenter.com, LOL...
But they don't have Mega Diancie or that Mega Gardevoir, Mega Mawile in the other thread.

And I am not sure if pokemoncenter's plushies are the same ones from Japan or not, being the website is English and such.

Another matter is the price of plushies, at first it looks like the plushies they sell cost lower than other sellers.

Such as Gulpin sold in Amazon shipped from Japan cost 22 USD, but comes with Free Shipping (as most plushies sold by Amazon comes with Free Shipping)
But Pokemoncenter.com only cost 12 USD.

However Pokemoncenter.com doesn't have Free Shipping, they have:

Standard - 6 USD = 18 USD for Gulpin (a 4 dollar difference)
Expedited - 10 USD = 22 USD for Gulpin (same price now)
Priority - 18 USD = 30 USD for Gulpin

I can't really tell which shipping Amazon uses.

Plus, I think all Plushies that come from Pokemoncenter are originated from China instead of Japan... so that might be a decrease in quality?

Question is...

What's the best place to buy Plush from?
Pokemoncenter.com
Amazon
eBay
or somewhere else that's trustable? (not pokevault, check that out, cost like 2~3x more than any other stores... what gives?)

and while at it... what Pokemon Plush do you guys recommend? (any size, plush or doll)

by no pokevault... this:
1g5c1v.jpg

same product... but one obviously cost triple the price

Last edited:
Pokevault is good for rare products but a rip off on others. They even have a ebay account but it's always the most expensive one (I was recently looking at a N figure, cheapest is on ebay but from a different seller). I'd say to use Pokevault as a guide.

If anything (even if it looks legit and has tags and stuff) is being shipped from Hong Kong that means it's a fake, right? There is never an exception?

I am not going to bother with eBay anymore, removing that from my option to buy from.

Cause I saw many reviews that said how most pokemon items on eBay are fakes, bootlegs, or damaged products... and most came from HongKong...

so it's either Amazon or Pokemoncenter.com

however I am still not sure how Amazon's sellers are

and for Pokemoncenter.com, I read some of their reviews on plushies, and most are good, but some said the plush arrived dirty or low quality.

(such as if you order something and they send the wrong item, if you want to exchange it, you have to pay the shipping yourself, they won't pay for it, so meaning you're paying a lot of extra money... where as if this happens, Amazon would be by far way cheaper and reliable)

I'll wait to see what Pokemoncenter.com place for Mega Diancie Plush before I decide if I should switch to buy it from another place, or buy some other plush.

as for Pokevault, naa, I don't think I'll be checking out that site anymore, too much overpriced things there.
Not to mention you can find what you want on a lot of other sites.
Plus I am sure Pokemoncenter.com and Amazon is way more legit than Pokevault.

Edit 1:

Pokemoncenter's Mega Diancie just came out (so did other Primal / Megas, no Wailord tho)

Difference is around 5~10 USD between the plushes on Pokemoncenter.com vs Amazon.

The main difference is from Shipping.
Amazon gives free shipping, PKMNcenter.com don't.

Last edited:
I wonder if there are any online stores within Australia that sells the Pokémon plushies. (Alternately, any store in Sydney (where I live) or Melbourne (where I previously lived and still visit regularly) that I can walk-in?) Don't want to get the proverbial booby prize, but I want to avoid having everything shipped from Japan/USA, and footing my arm and my leg in shipping costs either... (Although worst-case scenario, I will buy the relevant plushies from the Pokémon Centre Tokyo store when I'm visiting my family there in July.) My reason being to prepare for my cosplay for the Pokémon concert in Sydney this November.

Newly Pokemon Center Plush Doll Original Mega Charizard X Gorgeous Toy Gift https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00M2RIAGU/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_..7jwbVS4HSQX
Is this legit?

Nope, that's definitely a fake.

Anyway to keep in with spirit of the thread, here is a seller I'd recommend: Hobby_japan
Hobby_japan is a seller on Ebay who sells 100% legit merch from the Pokemon Center. I buy from them all the time. Their prices are cheaper than those of other sellers on Ebay, they have a pretty decent range of Merch, and I have not had any problems with them thus far.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Other than Steam Siege, what is the best card pack to buy for shinies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom