• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Where will Ash go after the Kalos League?

Where will he go?

• Total voters

P0KEM0N

Reaction score
Where do you think Ash will go after he loses the Kalos League?

(Not sure if its too soon to post this kind of topic).

It might be a bit soon, this won't happen for at least another 3 years. But I assume it will be to wherever the 7th version is set.
Filler arcs like Orange Islands, Decolora etc are quite rare in Pokemon.

Probably to a filler region. He did so in Kanto, he did so in Hoenn and he did so in Unova. But it may happen that this is a long series and in that case he will return to Pallet Town.

It seems way too early to speculate this since this won't be happening for another few years. It all depends on how long they make his journey through Kalos last and if there is enough time to do either a filler arc or a trip to Hoenn, assuming that there are R/S remakes in this generation.

After Ash looses the Kalos League (you know he's not going to win cause the anime writers hate characters reaching their goals), he will most likely go to some filler region between Gen 6 and 7 like the Decolora Islands currently, because the anime never bothers to do any post-game materials, and even when they do, they alter it to fit in before the league or otherwise, such as having the Emerald Battle Frontier in Kanto instead of Hoenn.

I heard there's a certain area in Kalos that is inacessible until you beat the main game, so chances are Ash will go visit the post-game part of the region at some point.
And there is always the remakes/sequels to expand the current map.

I think he prob would go home sorta like in dp after the sinnoh leauge. I'm just hoping another decolora island like type arc never happens again. (the orange island era is prob the only filler region arc i liked.). :(

Last edited:
I would say Ash will go to Hoenn (because Hoenn confirmed for this generation!!11!1...well no, but I'm pretty sure we'll have remakes this time), but I don't know why would he do that. In the AG series they put the Battle Frontier in Kanto to promote both Pokémon Emerald and FireRed and LeafGreen, but this time I don't know how they could handle this. I definetly don't want something like Lyra in DP because it was painful to watch so many obvious Johto references when they aren't in the region.

I'm going to say Houen because optimism. There's no way of knowing either way. I may as well go for the idea that I like best at this stage.

Probably go back to Pallet Town or will go to something else in Kalos because someone Mentions it after the League.

Isn't it a bit early to be asking this? I know most of us wanted to know after the Unova league where he was going mostly because it sucked, but we don't even know the details of the Kelos region itself yet.

I would say Ash will go to Hoenn (because Hoenn confirmed for this generation!!11!1...well no, but I'm pretty sure we'll have remakes this time), but I don't know why would he do that. In the AG series they put the Battle Frontier in Kanto to promote both Pokémon Emerald and FireRed and LeafGreen, but this time I don't know how they could handle this. I definetly don't want something like Lyra in DP because it was painful to watch so many obvious Johto references when they aren't in the region.

So was Charizard's return ep also painful to watch because of the massivfe amount of Kanto whoring it contained?

I believe that XY will end much like Johto and Sinnoh where the league is the grand finale of the season.

It may be years too early, but there's no harm in starting a thread out of curiosity :)

I believe that XY will end much like Johto and Sinnoh where the league is the grand finale of the season.

That's happened with the even numbered Generations and hopefully it'll happen again :)

(What it is with odd numbered Gens having their leagues end early followed by filler sagas I'll NEVER understand :sigh:)

That's happened with the even numbered Generations and hopefully it'll happen again :)

(What it is with odd numbered Gens having their leagues end early followed by filler sagas I'll NEVER understand :sigh:)

It's also that they put the most effort into the rival full battle in both to truly make them stand out. While Hoenn did have 3, we didn't really have an attachment to any of them and Ash winning didn't have much of an emotional impact whereas Trip was eliminated R1 in Unova and Ash ended up being hit with a dose of Karma in the form of Mid battle evolution loss.

I think instead of shortening the main season, they should just take time to fully develop the team over the long run and save the league for last instead of rushing it, then dumping half the region team behind for older gen fanservicing. I was especially unhappy with Glalie as it was one of the coolest looking Pokemon Ash had ever owned and he was used only in the league, twice being hastily thrown out in a tie to promote pokemon like swellow and grovyle who continued to get more time in BF whereas poor Glalie was never seen again until the Sinnoh league. It appears the same goes for unfezant though it never could match up the the floating ice head in awesomeness and Palpitoad because Moneymaru is the only water ash apparently needs.

So was Charizard's return ep also painful to watch because of the massivfe amount of Kanto whoring it contained?
That didn't spread in more than one episode and it was Ash himself, not a new character. But to tell the truth, references or flashbacks to Kanto spreaded throughout the series would work better, and I found a little over the top showing Charizard, Kanto flashbacks, Kanto Starters, the Magikarp salesman and Tracey in only one episode, specially if neither the salesman or Tracey appear in any other BW episodes.

The johto battle frontier that was in heart gold.

Its far too early to speculate what will happen after Ash leaves the Kalos region and what will happen before Ash travels to the 7th gen region. Part of me hopes though that Gen III gets remakes and he'll have a reason to travel back to Hoenn, maybe meeting up with May again. Part of me though thinks there's a minimum chance that he'll go back since when Gen II got its remakes, Johto only got a an episode promoting the region along with Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodile.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom