• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Where would you fit in the Pokemon World?

the uber-powerful Trainer who took down Team Rocket and assassinated Giovanni. Yup!

I'm not talking about being a trainer or gym leader. Because everyone would say that.
I think a surprising amount of the people replying to this thread decided to skip the opening post and thus answered incorrectly.

Abgemacht. How would a plain ol' trainer make money, anyway? I mean, in the games you get money from winning battles, but realistically, you'd lose as often as you win. We can't all be the greatest trainer of all time. So making a living just from training Pokémon would be really hard, especially if you're trudging from one town to the next all the time and having to resupply as you go.

So realistically, guys, what kind of job would you have in the Pokémon world?

Abgemacht. How would a plain ol' trainer make money, anyway? I mean, in the games you get money from winning battles, but realistically, you'd lose as often as you win. We can't all be the greatest trainer of all time. So making a living just from training Pokémon would be really hard, especially if you're trudging from one town to the next all the time and having to resupply as you go.

So you mean we don't get prize money? xD (jk). Well, I take back what I said earlier. Maybe I would settle for a teacher. Isn't that what the Rustboro(sp?) Gym leader does in her spare time? <Refering to the TV series>

Like I said, you do get money when you win battles (in the games, at least). But you also lose money when you lose battles, and you're not going to win as much in real life as you do in the games (keep in mind that, while the games may be challenging, they are ultimately designed to be beaten; the same cannot be said for real life).

I didn't mean to insult anyone by saying that, though, so sorry if I did. Anyway, then you get into the whole real-world sports scene; people are paid to race or fight, why not to battle Pokémon?

I'd be sitting at the computer with an old persian, a fat meowth, a spazzy meowth, and two insane growlithes while posting on a forum about the hit video game Animals.

Seriously, though, probably stocking shelves at a PokeMart.

I'd be sitting at the computer with an old persian, a fat meowth, a spazzy meowth, and two insane growlithes while posting on a forum about the hit video game Animals.

Seriously, though, probably stocking shelves at a PokeMart.

LOL!
"I'll trade you a Tiger card for three Cats."
"You mean Cat, don't you?"
"No, in Animals, the plural ends with an s, just like in tables or trainers."

Or maybe
"I just caught three Bears today! I wish they were real."
"Honey, you know Animals don't exist! I mean, imagine all the chaos that would be in the world if they did!"
"Aww, Mom! That's not true! There would be... (names off lots of safety measures and proofs)... to keep that from happening!"

Sounds familiar, eh?

Apparently, almost everything at a Pokemon Center is free. Just saying.

Writer and Pokemon trainer!I'd always have my Lopunny,Pikachu and Empolean by my side..Maybe I'd be a Pokemon model too,someone who takes pictures of Pokemon.

I'd venture the world in search of rare Pokemon then charge people a dollar and a half to see them.

I wouldn't mind being a gardener/landscaper with a Meganium and various other grass types, but I'd want to keep a Dratini as a pet. A rancher wouldn't be bad either. I could hold Tauros rodeos! XD

I'll be a Pokemon trainer/ collector by day, a musician at night with Jigglypuffs as my back up singers! I'll have a Lopunny as a GF too!

Watched the episode with the pokémon extreme racing competition between Gary and Ash (re-run on German TV), the way the moderator was talking sounded like there is a league. I would be a racer and have Rapidash or Arcanine to race with and try to be successful in the racing league.

I would probably be a Zoo Keeper, so I would be able to look after, not only my Bulbasaur and Pikachu, but many other Pokemon as well.

Police Officer, but instead of Growlithe, I'd have a Houndoom as my partner Pokémon. I'd use that job to fund my Pokémon collecting so I can collect all the legendaries. I most likely would not use them to battle, but perhaps would open up a Safari Zone type location so people can come and enjoy hanging out with them (for a nominal fee). That's where the real money is at.

well..other than pkmn master...... VET!! so that sorta means ......pokemon nurse.... ok! Id use my Venusaur's healing powers!!!

I might as well continue the career I'm going with in real life. I'd be an army officer like Lt. Surge. I won't need a tank if I have a blastoise.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom