• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which are your favourite Pokémon?

Which are your favourite Pokemon?

• Total voters

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
Updated version of the old thread to include Gen VI Pokemon in the poll and so those that already voted can vote again.

Like the last thread's poll, it is multiple choice. So go mental, I guess.

Last edited:
Thank goodness there's a new thread so I can change my vote to Rotom. Also, 100% of voters right now choose Rotom. Telling, perhaps? ;P

I'll just quote myself in the last thread when I decided to let it be known that Rotom had grown on me a lot since I voted for Umbreon three years ago.

me said:
My last post in here was probably a few years ago and I probably named Umbreon, but that's no longer accurate. Besides the obvious cop-out and going with the first starter I ever had (Feraligatr), my favorite Pokemon is probably Rotom. There's a big personal story behind this pick, believe it or not, and I'm not really in the mood for going into a big personal story, but maybe that's for the better so I won't do as much rambling.

Okay, so when I was a kid (I'm not really even an adult right now, but whatever, this statement will get more legitimate with age), I was really interested in science. I still take an interest in science, of course, but I'm saying that at this age I was actually formulating ideas about things. I still remember a lot of them and I'm still unsure of whether or not they would work (or would be cost-effective or practical), but ironically, the one that I invested the most thought into is one that I now know wouldn't work in the real world. My young mind thought that if the front axle of a car turned a drive shaft, then the kinetic energy of that drive shaft could produce electricity to turn the rear axle, thus propeling the car forward, turning the front axle, starting the process over again. An admirable idea, but I've since had the laws of thermodynamics explained to me and they put a big dent in that idea, even assuming that this system would produce enough electricity to power the vehicle anyway, which I don't know.

So that's the back-ground information. The year was 2010 and while I had realized that this idea of mine was unapplicable with our current understanding of physics, I still took an interest in science in general. For my birthday I received a sort of Discovery Kids-brand simplified toy curcuit-board for my birthday. It was a pretty neat little thing, having all these modular transistors and LEDs and things that you could use to set up really simple curcuits. I decided to experiment and see what I could come up with. What I did come up, I don't remember exactly, but I remember on one end of the curcuit was a rotating fan thing, on the other end was a small incandescent bulb, and between those the curcuit went through a resistor. Now remember: there were no batteries anywhere on the curcuit, and that's why I was so surprised at what happened next.

I spun the fan manually, with my fingers, no switches involved or anything. There were no batteries, it didn't plug into the wall, I didn't turn anything "on". I just spun the fan... and it kept going. At the other end of the curcuit the light bulb was glowing, very faintly, but without a doubt something was happening. And this thing that I threw together jsut kept going, and going, and going, the fan kept on spinning and the bulb kept on going.

I decided to let it do its thing some more. My family and I went out to get groceries and when we came back it was still going! It only stopped once I decided that this thing had made its case and I stopped the fan with my hands.

To this day I don't understand why that thing kept going without batteries or anything, but it's ingrained into my memory and I hope it stays that way. I also want to go out and buy another one of those Discovery Kids sets some day, and see if I can replicate whatever happened on that day. While the set I owned has long since gone the way of all kid's toys (lost and in pieces), I still have the resistor I used in that curcuit on my shelf. Rotom didn't become my favorite Pokemon from that moment, but once I got back into Pokemon and got to know Rotom, it reminded me of that day in 2010 and it's been very close to my heart since.

I have no idea why, but I absolutely adore Forretress!
Electivire is a good second though.

I love many other Pokémon too, but they're more or less even

Last edited:
I had to narrow it down to a top 10, otherwise I'd be here all day.

10 -
635MS.png
I never actually gave Hydreigon that much attention in its debut generation, it wasn't until after the new PMD and Pokemon amie that I saw how much of a cutie this relentless engine of death and destruction could be (seriously just look at the happy dance it does when you feed it pokepuffs!)
9 -
698MS.png
This thing is so adorable it should be illegal, and its cry just adds to that even more. I don't care if that typing is a death wish, I still had a lot of fun using it.
8 -
214MS.png
Heracross nails that perfect combination of cute and tough, along with a unique typing and great battling ability. Mega Heracross can burn in heck though
7 -
701MS.png
Before X&Y were released was so terrified that Hawlucha was going to be the next Cactowl, so I'm so unbelievably happy that it's real. Cool typing, great design, amazing animations and on top of that, incredibly fun to use.
6 -
303MS.png
I already liked Mawile, but the addition of the Fairy type and a really incredible Mega made me love it even more.
5 -
407MS.png
This is how you do cross-gen evos, Roserade takes a fairly dull and forgettable dex filler and turns it into a strong, really creatively designed poke. If you haven't seen its X&Y animations, there's this one where it smells its own roses and makes this smug smile like fuuuck yes I smell good damn it's good to be a roserade. It's great and it knows it.
4 -
461MS.png
I already liked Sneasel for combining two of my favourite types, but Weavile takes it to the next level. When it comes to being a ghostbusting, dragon-slaying murder weasel, nobody does it like Weavile.
3 -
609MS.png
Chandelure is another Pokemon that has only grown on me recently thanks to X&Y's 3D models, the old sprites didn't really capture the eerie gracefulness that the flickering flames of this haunted lighting fixture have. In battle, there is really nothing more satisfying than seeing the words "It's not very effective!" pop up uselessly as the opponent is incinerated in one hit anyway.
2 -
503MS.png
Samurott will always have a very special place in my heart, I still have fond memories of my first Oshawott finally growing up playing White for the first time three years ago. I love that the design manages to combine my favourite animal with an anthropomorphic concept without being an anthro itself, which is a rare thing to see and I think they pulled it off really well.
1 -
652MS.png
I love Chesnaught because I really liked Chespin from the outset (it actually ties with its final form for my favourite poke tbh), built up high hopes for how it would turn out over ten months, and ended up more satisfied with the end result than I could have ever hoped to be. It's cute, tough, and builds on the concept that the line is based around in an interesting way that really makes sense if you do a bit of research. It's a solid poke in battle too, with a cool typing, unique ability and plays into my affinity for bulky mons.

If it wouldn't take me long, I'd check them all. But for times sake I'll check my absolute favorite; Snorlax.

---

So after seeing how a lot of people did lists, I was compelled to make one. That, and I'm bored...

10:
330MS.png
168MS.png
176MS.png

It's a three-way tie between Flygon, Ariados, and Togetic. I really love all three of them, and they've helped me tremendously in my Hoenn and Johto runs. They have great designs and move pools to show for it. I definitely grew a bond with all of them throughout my journeys.

9:
231MS.png

Phanpy is just adorable. Period.

8:
272MS.png

Ludicolo is ridiculous. It's a duck that's wearing a sombrero. It's a great battler and helped me out so much throug Hoenn.

7:
672MS.png

Skiddo is also cute, and a great battler. Its move pool is so bizarre for a grass-type, and it gets even weirder as a Gogoat.

6:
435MS.png

Skuntank is my favorite poison-type pokemon, and my second favorite 'mon from Gen IV. He's tough in battle, and with Flamethrower those steel-types aren't a problem at all. I formed a close bond with it during my Sinnoh journey, and I love everything about it.

5:
362MS.png

My love for Glalie first came about when I saw Ash's in the anime. I thought this thing was so bad-ass and ridiculous, which it proved to me in its battles. I'd love to see it actually portrayed with the correct size though. It'd be huge. xD

4:
430MS.png

Honchkrow is incredible. Strong, graceful, and tough. It's literally the boss.

3:
199MS.png

Slowking, like the others, is amazing. There's nothing I don't like about it.

2:
155MS.png

Cyndaquil is like, the cutest thing ever. Sorry Skiddo and Phanpy.

1:
143MS.png

Snorlax is my main man. My home dog. We have so much in common: we're fat, lazy, and like to eat. We're just... Perfect together.

Last edited:
Mawile, the most badass fairy in the book, who has an even cooler mega complete with Huge Power

Flygon, the forgotten dragon despite the fact that its murder to Electric and Ground types alike

And Lanturn, who I just really like

Venomoth - ATV!!!!
Sandslash - A bulky Ground-type that can cause disasters
Pinsir - it's an awesome bug type with bite.
Dewgong - awesome defenses allow it to absorb an attack and withstand it
Minun (yes, Minun) - it is tough. it has speed that matches Raichu and it is worth the hardcore run
Solrock - sure, it's not got good SpAtk for a psychic type, but it always makes sure you get a lucky escape
Lanturn - the Electric-type HP tank. it can withstand a lot of attacks and volt absorb can make it Red's worst nightmare.

Vulpix, Ninetails, Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Furret, Espeon, Umbreon.

Another one I like that I didn't see was Clampearl.

My top 30 would be mental, and I'd still feel like I'm missing some great partners. I'll list just my top 3:

Typhlosion: My first starter in Gold version and my first legitimately-raised level 100 Pokemon. I had followed a nicknaming pattern where the first letter match, so I needed a male name starting with T. I ending up naming my Typhlosion after my twin brother, Thomas. My brother also started with a Cyndaquil, and we would often battle just to see which one was stronger. In Emerald when I took upon IV breeding, a baby Cyndaquil of mine had the best IVs I could ever have bred. I raised him into the level 80s and entered him in some of the Battle Frontier facilities. In Diamond when I took upon RNG abusing, my first Pokemon with perfect IVs was Cyndaquil. Likewise, I evolved him and used him in competitive battles. He's my bud for life, Thomas.

Latias: I unexpectedly ran into her when playing Sapphire for the first time. I had never seen such a Pokemon before, not to mention one so adorable. I tracked her around the region and caught her within an hour. She was my second highest-raised Pokemon for many years until my Talonflame in XY hit level 100. Anyway, I loved her role in the Pokemon movies and she's always been my favorite legendary. I kept restarting and catching more and more Latias... My friends have also donated several shiny Latias to me. She's my eternal light and goddess, Lilac.

Whimsicott: I bought Black version because I wanted one on my team. Four hours after buying it at the midnight launch, I took my first step in Pinwheel Forest. THE FIRST WILD ENCOUNTER HERE WAS A SHINY COTTONEE. I WAS SHAKING SO BADLY, I HADN'T ENCOUNTERED A RANDOM SHINY IN YEARS, AND IT'S MY FAVORITE UNOVA POKEMON, SHINY AS SOON AS I COULD POSSIBLY ENCOUNTER ONE. Enough said. She's my beauty and my treasure, Arcelia.

So, so many I could name, dozens of amazing Pokemon, even hundreds, yet I can narrow it down to a top five.

5th, Swablu.
4th, Articuno.
3rd, Suicune.
2nd, Venusaur.
1st, Kyogre.

I was going to say why, but I was getting a little long-winded. You might notice a visual theme, though.

Okay here's mine
5- G1 Eevee-lu-ions All these were cool & furry in their own right jolteon pins & needles vaporeon Carrying a bag of water nothing to see here Flareon *snuggle* Snuggle* I would marry a flareon even if i shared it with 1-6 other flareon
4- Growlite line- hey I leik Doges Such Fire much Power
3- Mewtwo/charizard Their Coolest pokemon around
2. Launturn Love Launturn but wans't that shiny in Sapphire randomizer it will Honorable
honorable Mentions
-salamanace
-squirtle
-abra
-Bulbasaur
1- cyndaquil - my FIRST pokemon No other than this fellow Right here Wish 1 day get a shiny Cyndaquil
Welp thats it

Last edited:
I clicked everything between Lileep and Relicanth. That stretch of the pokedex has a ton of pokemon I like. Literally every single one is among my favorites.

Cradily, Armaldo, Milotic, Castform, Kecleon, Chimecho, Tropius, Banette, Dusclops, Huntail, Gorebyss, Walrein, Absol, Glalie. And all of the pre-evolutions too.

Braviary. Seriously it screams 'murica and looks like its ready to scalp any communist who so much as looks at it funny.

I love all of the 'mons to be honest, but the ones I voted for were Ditto (personal favorite), Eevee, Vaporeon, Cyndaquil, Quilava, Celebi, Manaphy, Shaymin, Chespin, and Carbink.

I'll go with my top three slots:

3) Sawk: This was first pure Fighter that I ever willing worked with and he was a killer. He took down Lenora's entire Gym without breaking a sweat and he's just so darned cute. If it weren't for Sawk, I don't think I'd have the respect I have for Fighting types.

2) Bisharp: In Gen V, it was a nightmare trying to raise one of these steel-plated killers. Then came Gen VI and the Fairy type. Bisharp stepped out of the shadows and became my go-to Fairy killer. She's torn through Feys like they're nothing and laughed about it; on top of that, she just looks awesome. No matter what, I will always have one of these beautiful assassins on my team.

1) Golett and Golurk: If it wasn't for Golurk, I may have skipped Gen V. But that huge Automaton reached out and seized my heart in its mighty hands and I dared not protest. I had been waiting for something like Golurk for many years and it was worth the wait. Golurk became my team captain, my heavy hitter and the cornerstone of my crew. He's the one that faces down Gym leaders to get a win, the one who flies me where I need to go and the one who is always by my side. I love the big lug, heart and soul.

Then, there's Golett. Goofy little faceless Golett. A rocky little golem that is overlooked for its evolution. When I hatched my first one on GPX+, I thought I'd slap it in the Poke Walker and level it up immediately. Until I looked at its blank face. It was... oddly cute, in a robotic sort of way. I couldn't simply level it up; I had to keep it small and cute. And thusly, I fell in love and began to take the little guys in, both on my copy of Black and on GPX+. (Yeah, I have several boxes of them. They are the breeding scraps of shiny hunts and they are all adorable. I love them, lousy stats and all.)

I could write more, but I'd go on for several pages. It's best that I leave it here.

If it wouldn't take me long, I'd check them all. But for times sake I'll check my absolute favorite; Snorlax.
But it doesn't take long at all! If you open up the javascript console:
Code:
var inputs = document.getElementsByTagName("input");
for (var i = 0; i < inputs.length; i++) { if (inputs[i].name.substring(0, 12) == "optionnumber") { inputs[i].checked = "checked"; } }
However, there are a few pokemon that I absolutely would not want to vote for. I decided to go with just my favorites: Sylveon, Chimecho, and Milotic. If I could vote for mega pokemon, I would vote for Mega Mawile.

Last edited:
I've got too many to list and check but if I had to pick a top 5 it would be the following.

5) Sylveon: This thing is probably the cutest pokemon I've ever seen, especially after reading its Y dex entry. The mental image of that is adorableness on par with MLP which is quite a feat for me since I love ponies. Aside from being incredibly cute its surprisingly powerful, my Sylveon has blown away multiple strong fighting, dark and especially dragon types with barely a scratch which wouldn't matter anyway since she knows wish ^-^.

4) Ferrothorn: Possibly the most badass fruit I've ever seen. Especially when I was going through the black tower challenge and it took out the last trainer's Suicune and Latios by itself taking less than 1/3 of its HP in damage. Easily sponging a calm mind boosted hydro pump and 2 draco meteors. Plus it also squashed every remaining gym leader like a grape which is funny since they specialize in types that are normally effective against grass types.

3) Greninja: I usually don't pick the water starter since there are always many options for a water type for the in game story but I just had to make an exception this time. It was the first pokemon I iv bred in gen six and was hard as hell without ditto but way worth it since Protean Greninja hits like a truck on rockets. This thing once blew through my friend's Dragonite through its multiscale in one hit like a boss.

2) Venusaur: My first pokemon all the way back in pokemon blue, the first pokemon I reached level 100 with and creamed nearly every in game opponent with. I've always used it in one way or another throughout the games and its mega evolution makes it unmovable when played right.

1) Lucario: The reason for my username, the reason for picking up nearly every game since its introduction and the reason I bought super smash bros brawl. Lucario just radiates awesome with its cool design, typing, moves, great movie and theme which really captures what heroic creatures they are. Plus its mega evolution is really freakin powerful. I've used one in every game since it has appeared even mystery dungeon. The lack of Lucario in the recent mystery dungeon is probably why I didn't buy it.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom