• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which are your favourite Pokémon?

Which are your favourite Pokemon?

• Total voters
Decided to go for one for each type:

Normal - Snorlax
Fighting - Hawlucha
Flying - Swellow
Poison - Koffing
Ground - Swampert
Rock - Golem
Bug - Scizor
Ghost - Gengar
Steel - Steelix
Fire - Monferno
Water - Squirtle
Grass - Bellossom
Electric - Mareep
Psychic - Metagross
Ice - Sealeo
Dragon - Rayquaza
Dark - Absol
Fairy - Floette

1. Nidoking
2. Poliwrath
3. Infernape
4. Rhydon/Aggron (I go back and forth with those two)
5. Gengar
6. Sceptile

And I should specify that Nidoking is leagues ahead of all the others, then Poliwrath is also miles ahead of the rest behind him. I absolutely love those two pokémon, ever since I first saw them in the anime as a kid :)

Zeroing in on favorites is kind of hard for me (even though I did try.) I keep doubting which ones are truly my favorites. Okay, I guess Armaldo and Regice are my top favorites, but the rest can get hazy. Here are some others I like:

Azumarill
Gourgeist
Togekiss
Dusknoir
Chesnaught
Magmortar
Golurk
Roserade
Malamar
Mienshao
Vanilluxe
Palkia
Jellicent
(Mega) Absol
Gardevoir
Krookodile
Regigigas
Eelektross
Vanilluxe

my top 5? some of them are kind of unusual and/or useless but it doesn't matter!

531.png 432.png 248.png 635.png 461.png

• 5 - audino is there simply because it's cute, plus surprisingly good in double battles!
  • 4 - purugly is there because of personal reasons, since it looks like my old, deceased cat pecan! i always use my purugly (lovingly called pecan) for cool contests, it's actually pretty good at them too!
  • 3 - tyranitar? it's just awesome. i love them so much!
  • 2 - hydreigon was one of the best pokémon in gen 5, and it's a poweful dragon! i adore it too, since it's oddly cute? put a hydreigon on pokémon amie and you'll understand!
  • 1 - finally, weavile! i caught a sneasel in diamond and when it evolved i fell in love! i've had a weavile in every game since! weavile was the first pokémon i levelled up to lv. 100 and i just adore it ahaha!

I love all of them. But to be honest, my favourite pokemon is always Pikachu. Not only me but also my girl friends,when we were younger, love Pikachu.
I remembered I use to play a game that pretent to be Pokemon. And of course, I used to be Pikachu!

I have too many favourite Pokemon but here's a few: Lucario, Arcanine, Sylveon, Raikou, Reshiram, Giratina, Jolteon, Empoleon, Serperior, Delphox and Fennekin.

So, I finally voted here.

So many Legendaries (primarily those with a BST of 600 and above; the only ones with lower base stats were the Johto trio and Sinnoh trios).

Tons of starters.

Eevee and all the Eeveelutions.

Several fully-evolved Pokémon I've enjoyed using on a competitive simulator.

All the members of a few evolutionary lines that I enjoyed training in a couple games.

Vibrava and Flygon merited a mention (mainly due to Colosseum).

Last edited:
Haven't voted yet, eventually will so off the top of my head Feraligatr, Lugia, Scizor, Tyranitar, Umbreon, Breloom, Jolteon, Gliscor, Zekrom, Greninja.

I voted for Blaziken, Virizion, Snivy, lopunny, Raikou and Pyroar.
- Blaziken has always been a firm favourite of mine, since Torchic was my first ever starter Pokemon.
- I'm not 100% sure why I love virizion so much, I just think she is so elegant and cool. I love her and Blaziken equally as much.
- Snivy - Smug and badass. What's not to love?
- Lopunny - Only a recent favourite of mine due to it's Mega evolution. I've always loved Lopunny though.
- Raikou - Screw Suicune, Raikou is loads cooler IMO. I love it's design, and Tigers happen to be one of my favourite animals.
- Pyroar - Especially the Female variation. I had a Female Pyroar named Fliker on my team and she was absolutely fantastic. One again, I love the design even if it is a bit generic.
Other favourites I didn't vote for include: Black Kyurem, Jolteon, Lucario, Venusaur, Ninetales, Breloom, Spritzee and Shaymin.

Last edited:
302MMS.png
Sableye/Mega Sableye
319MMS.png
Sharpedo/Mega Sharpedo
618MS.png
Stunfisk
317MS.png
Swalot/Gulpin (slightly moreso swalot)
635MS.png
Hydreigon
660MS.png
Diggersby
719MMS.png
Mega Diancie
139MS.png
Omastar
711MS.png
Gourgeist
631MS.png
Heatmor
219MS.png
Magcargo
121MS.png
Starmie
497MS.png
Serperior
465MS.png
Tangrowth
593MS.png
Jellicent (♂)
604MS.png
Eelektross
127MMS.png
Mega Pinsir
426MS.png
Drifblim
057MS.png
Primeape
474MS.png
Porygon-Z
700MS.png
Sylveon
295MS.png
Exploud
623MS.png
Golurk
162MS.png
Furret
697MS.png
Tyrantrum
101MS.png
Electrode
166MS.png
Ledian
666MonMS.png
Vivillon
693MS.png
Clawitzer
617MS.png
Accelgor

31. Cacturne
32. Torterra
33. Chinchou
34. Mega Steelix
35. Snorlax
36. Golbat
37. Bouffalant
38. Meowstic (especially ♀)
39. Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff
40. Cryogonal
41. Mega Mawile
42. Inkay/Malamar
43. Beautifly
44. Barbaracle
45. Ludicolo

updated the list a little. Added tyrantrum, serperior, furret, cryogonal, bouffalant, torterra, primeape, and maybe a few other things I'm forgetting to mention. Removed some stuff like avalugg, delcatty, ditto and drapion (still sorta like them, but not as much as I used to). Mawile dropped wayyyyy the fuck down. Just getting kind of tired of it, doubt it'll drop further tho.

still a very messy list after you get under like...gourgeist lol. There is some sense of order, but it's definitely not exact.

I edited this from my last list so it's possible I accidentally took out some stuff I didn't mean to

Last edited:
Gah, I won't be able to name all of them. Mostly because so many of them have a special place in my heart that it will probably be close to half of them when I'm done. Off the top of my head, Pikachu, Meowth, Dragonite, Mr. Mime, Blastoise, Charizard, Venusaur... and that's just some of the Kanto ones. I'd be here forever if I mentioned all of my favorites from every generation

I used to like pokemon when i was young like when i was 6 years old. I dont like it anymore but my favorite pokemon before was Pickachu and the egg pokemon[[i forgott its name]] but the egg was always with Misty

Arceus is a real favorite of mine because it has 720 bst without being in another form, mega evolution or Primal Reversion. Kyurem is another favorite because Dragon/Ice is a cool combo and it's new forms Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are fantastic. Rayquaza is my favorite too because of its design and Dragon type. Mega Rayquaza was also the highlight of Rayquaza.

Wow Gardevoir is in the top 10 (sorry but I just had to geek out, it's my favourite pokemon)!

Gen 1: Pidgeot, Ninetails, Arcanine, and Rapidash
Gen 2: Totodile, Umbreon, Girafarig, Sneasel, Houndoom, and Suicune
Gen 3: Zigzagoon, Wingull, Delcatty, Seviper, and Milotic
Gen 4: Lopunny and Glameow
Gen 5: Stoutland, Swoobat, Minccino, Cinccino, and Braviary
Gen 6: Delphox, Pyroar, Skiddo, Furfrou, Pumpkaboo, and Diancie

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom