• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Ash design is your favorite?

Which Ash design is your favorite?

• OG

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Ruby and Sapphire

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Diamond and Pearl

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • BW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • XY

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Sun and Moon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Journeys

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

alywayart.png

To be a master, Pokémon master! /lyr
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
  2. They/Them
I’m really curious to see- which Ash design do y’all like most?
Feel free to explain your choice in the thread, as long as it’s civil!

Personally, my favorite is the original. Diamond and Pearl is a close second though!

I vote XY, because aesthetically it looks the coolest to me. He represents his color blue with a fitting outfit as a whole. The red/black highlights on the gloves and shoes only compliment the overall design as they blend in perfectly. Giving him Red's hat was a huge bonus to already greatly established outfit.

Hard to pick but I think AG is my fave, with OS either tied for first or a close second. I love the black sleeves and accents on AG, it added a lot to the same primary color scheme of the original design without taking away from how vibrant it was.

The rest kind of vary for me; I might like certain elements of it but not always the whole thing (JN), or it's a good design overall but I don't feel like it fits his character/personality very well (XY). The first two are the only ones that I personally think work perfectly in both regards — everything just sorta "clicks" IMO.

My ranking would probably look like:
AG = OS > BW = DP > JN = XY > SM

I think I like his AG outfit the most. Blue is my favorite color and I like how Ash's blue hoodie looked like. I really liked his AG hat and even have one myself. His XY outfit would probably be second. It has a good blend of blue and red with a dash of white. I'm tempted to say that Journeys had his worst outfit, but I think I was just tired of it by the end of the series. The real weakest outfit would probably be his DP outfit. As much as I love that series, Ash's design works so much better with brighter colors like blue and red. His DP just had too much black and not enough blue for my tastes. His hat was still pretty cool. I liked the more modern take on his original outfit in both I Choose You and The Distant Blue Sky too.

Great: OS is just so iconic, a great adaptation of the games look that made it look even more 90s-like. DP is hype, seeing Ash with darker colors represents the series very well and also his maturity. I could not pick between the two. AG looks very confortable and wearable and has a great cap.
Good: BW and XY are a bit predictable but still good and both add decent elements to the table. BW with the overuse of white and XY with the sleeker look and the Red cap.
Bad: Movies 21 and 23 are a beta and remix of Journeys respectively, which is just...eh. It's not bad but I still don't like the shorts not how overused it felt like. It did not deserved to be his final outfit at all, and if he uses it again in a possible return I'll lose my mind.
Sun & Moon: It probably fits the vibe of the series but it's just so boring, and coming after XY it felt like seeing a 18 year old with turistic beach clothes.

Reading the posts here I wonder if people are really talking about Ash's design, in a broader sense, or just about his outfits in each season.Well, it's not like Ash was drawn exactly the same way in every season.

Ash's Outfits.jpg

Ash's Design.jpg

Reading the posts here I wonder if people are really talking about Ash's design, in a broader sense, or just about his outfits in each season.Well, it's not like Ash was drawn exactly the same way in every season.
That’s a very good point. I’m not as big of a fan of the modern artstyle than the older ones. However, looking at the outfits all in the same artstyle, my opinion on my favorites still stays the same- but maybe that’s just me!

Back
Top Bottom