• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Aspect of the Games Do You Think Has the Most Contrived Appearance in the Show?

Keegman

Whhhyyyyyyyyyy?
Reaction score
I'm calling it now for the goddamn coin flip app on Dawn's watch.

"IT'S SO EXCITING!" No. No it's not. Shut up. I hate you.

Re: Which Aspect of the Games Do You Think Has the Most Contrived Appearance in the S

I can't see what was so bad about coin toss... it's actually nice to have something like this to decide who goes first rather than randomly choose one

Re: Which Aspect of the Games Do You Think Has the Most Contrived Appearance in the S

I can't see what was so bad about coin toss... it's actually nice to have something like this to decide who goes first rather than randomly choose one
Rock. Paper. Scissors.

The only one I can think of at the moment that I thought was kinda "eh" was how they incorporated the Pokeathalon into the show. Such a cool thing ended up becoming a single filler? Surely we could've trimmed off that Murkrow and Misdreavus episode for a mini-arc? Speaking of which, THAT episode.

Oh, and most people will probably say Team Aqua and Team Magma...not incorporated that great. I liked the two-parter with the Team Aqua guy who invaded Devon Corp. and later kidnapped Peeko from Mr. Briney though, and the Weather Institute one. But everything else was either "eh" or "EHHH?"

It's just that they get so excited about it, and show it off to people, who also get excited about it.

This is what I mean by contrived.

The Pokeathlon was handled pretty badly in the show yeah.

It's just that they get so excited about it, and show it off to people, who also get excited about it.

This is what I mean by contrived.

im just curious but, could another reason why u hate it so much is because its always heads lol. cause that always bothered me.

kinda of how the middle judge in the contest response is always "remarkable, hate that guy.

or did miss the topic entirely?

I'm calling it now for the goddamn coin flip app on Dawn's watch.

"IT'S SO EXCITING!" No. No it's not. Shut up. I hate you.

You know... I really have to agree with that, considering how many other far more usual applications the Pokétch has, kinda dissapointed that people make a huge deal over THAT one.

But I guess if they're going to add a fancy CGI coin being flipped, they'll introduce it with as much fanfare as possible.

Lesse... Oh yeah, the Pokémon featured througout the DP saga.

It seems that along with the Pokémon introduced in Diamond and Pearl (obviously a given), an abnormal amount of Gen II Pokémon made an appearence. Especially if they were Gen II Pokémon that evolved into Gen IV Pokémon. All of these managed to make it onto the main cast of characters: Ambipom, Gliscour, Mamoswine, Togekiss, Yanmega... Even Paul's Honchkrow and Weavile could be considered Gen II/IV fanservice.

Sudowoodo could be considered one as well if you included Gen IV Pokémon that evolve into Gen II ones... Maybe Happiny as well.

Pokémon themselves.

:p.

Pokeathlon.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom